RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Teff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I often make teff, quinoa flour pancakes with maybe some amaranth flour thrown in. Gnereally I use 1 cup of each of the previous flours since I like to make enough to use during the week--with the batter already prepared. It requires only a smidgen of potato flour (1 tsp) or tapioca (1 tablspn) and maybe not even that depending on your sense of taste. Use more at your peril since the pancakes will never dry out if you do. I also put in cooked quinoa or rice to fluff it up a bit and make it less of just a flour thing. They are very good and worth the experiment. I often make an extra one or two to eat later on in the day. I don't use yeast since I am allergic to it. So I use baking soda and/or bak. pwdr. And of course some oil. I fry them with a little butter since it seems to make them stick to the pan less.BeaMaia Alpern <maiaalpern@...> wrote: I haven't eaten teff since my diagnosis but it is supposed to be a gluten free grain. It is very tiny before it is milled so you can't grind it yourself but Bob's Red Mill carries it. I loved injera in the past when I used to go to Ethiopian restaurants. It has a sourdough kind of taste. Be careful if you eat injera out as some places mix wheat flour with the teff flour when they make injera. Maia