RemedySpot.com

CD in your med records

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am very curious as to the comment about having CD listed in your med records as being a detriment. How so?Since it is an allergy and if you stick to a GF diet you actually don't have to take any medication to control the disease. So what would go into the record?The reason I am curious is that I suffer from a rare autoimmune disease, polymyositis (PM), which is inflammation of the muscles. And there seems to be a correlation between AI diseases and celiac. So I was tested as an after thought because I was dx'd with PM in 2002 and they figured since I also had Raynauds, another AI that I probably had celiac.So the biggest issue when I try and get insurance is that I have an extremely rare AI disease that requires me to take prednisone daily. The prednisone is the deal breaker for getting life insurance. Not so much the disease. They don't even blink when you mention celiac since you don't have to take meds to control it.So maybe what they look at is not the celiac but rather the possibility of having GERD. GERD can lead to further complications such as Barrett's Esophagus.So I am very curious how having celiac listed is troublesome.Melita