RemedySpot.com

Quick introduction from Me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been lurking and posting a little to the group. But mostly very appreciative of all the info you guys have.My name is Melita and I live in San Fran. I am a transplant from NYC and have been here for 11 years nows. I work FT and go to law school online FT too.So here is my story. I suffer from a rare autoimmune disease called polymyositis. If you click on the word you can find out more info. Basically it is a disease that causes inflammation of all the muscles, but especially the proximal ones. (Those close to my core, like hips, shoulders, neck). So I was unable to move easily

for about 6 months. My Dr's decided that I needed heavy duty meds to help get the disease under control. One of those drugs was prednisone. If you know anything about the drug you know that on of the side effects is it can trigger diabetes II in people that are susceptible. So that is me. So I also have been a fish-atarian for about 20 years. And Dr. Aron diagnosed my celiac. So I have the trifecta of diet issues. Gluten intolerant, diabetic and vegetarian. And it also doesn't help that I don't really have the wherewithal to cook. LOL!!!So I am glad to see that there are others out there who are veggies and GF. It can be incredibly tough some days to find the right things to eat. But between this group and my Myositis group I have found a lot of resources.So I just wanted to say thank you

all.Melita