RemedySpot.com

Re: Another Brownie Mix Flop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Have had very good luck with Whole Foods 365 GF brownie mix. Delicious, moist, chocolaty, everyone loved them. Use metal pan, not glass. Adding nuts is best, but if not, then add choc chips. Have you tried that mix?

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J. StiavettiSent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:04 AM Subject: [ ] Another Brownie Mix Flop

I just tried to make a box of Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven thermometer so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total flop. :( The edges came out perfectly, but the middle never solidified at all! I finally cut off the edges and put just the middle back in the oven for another *20 minutes* and finally, it cooked. Total cooktime to get the middle baked was 32 minutes, when the box said 12 minutes!

What happened? This brownie failure streak is kind of depressing.

^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

me: Stiavetti

mail: stephhyperreal (DOT) org

eats: http://www.wasabimon.com

It's getting hard to be someone

But it all works out

Guest guest

We had brownie sundaes last night and I made the Trader Joe's brand. The key is to keep them in the pan for more than the suggested 15 minutes for cooling. After a couple hours they are perfect and you can cut them in perfect squares. We always add walnuts. TaniaD Darcy <ddarcy@...> wrote: Have had very good luck with Whole Foods 365 GF brownie mix. Delicious, moist, chocolaty, everyone loved

them. Use metal pan, not glass. Adding nuts is best, but if not, then add choc chips. Have you tried that mix? From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J. StiavettiSent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:04 AM Subject: [ ] Another Brownie Mix Flop I just tried to make a box of Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven thermometer so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total flop. :( The edges came out

perfectly, but the middle never solidified at all! I finally cut off the edges and put just the middle back in the oven for another *20 minutes* and finally, it cooked. Total cooktime to get the middle baked was 32 minutes, when the box said 12 minutes! What happened? This brownie failure streak is kind of depressing. ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me: Stiavetti mail: stephhyperreal (DOT) org eats: http://www.wasabimon.com It's getting hard to be someone But it all works out

Guest guest

I haven't seen that particular mix, but I can tell you that I adore 2

different mixes: Pamela's brownie mix and the Gluten Free Pantry's

Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix. Pamela's seems to be stocked at most

Whole Foods and Rainbow in the city. I have been trying, without

success, to find the GF Pantry one again lately... might have to mail

order it?

Good luck!

-laura

>

> I just tried to make a box of Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and

> followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven

thermometer

> so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total

> flop. :(

Guest guest

I love Bob's Red Mill GF Brownie mix with chocolate chips. :)

----- Original Message ----From: lauracgadd <lauracgadd@...> Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 8:59:28 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Another Brownie Mix FlopI haven't seen that particular mix, but I can tell you that I adore 2 different mixes: Pamela's brownie mix and the Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix. Pamela's seems to be stocked at most Whole Foods and Rainbow in the city. I have been trying, without success, to find the GF Pantry one again lately... might have to mail order it?Good luck! -laura>> I just tried to make a box of

Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and > followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven thermometer > so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total > flop. :( ------------------------------------

Guest guest

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Trader Joe's gluten-free brownie mix, but my wife recently made a batch, adding some chocolate chips and walnuts. It was excellent. - ----- Original Message ----From: Lowles <heather.lowles@...> Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 9:41:59 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Re: Another Brownie Mix Flop

I love Bob's Red Mill GF Brownie mix with chocolate chips. :)

----- Original Message ----From: lauracgadd <lauracgadd (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 8:59:28 AMSubject: [ ] Re: Another Brownie Mix FlopI haven't seen that particular mix, but I can tell you that I adore 2 different mixes: Pamela's brownie mix and the Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix. Pamela's seems to be stocked at most Whole Foods and Rainbow in the city. I have been trying, without success, to find the GF Pantry one again lately... might have to mail order it?Good luck! -laura>> I just

tried to make a box of

Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and > followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven thermometer > so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total > flop. :(

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I also highly recommend the TJ's gluten-free mix. It is much better

with walnuts and chocolate chips added. I just made a batch last week

and my partner, who is not gluten-free, loved them. I also like the

Pamela's mix and have had several people tell me they could not tell

the difference b/w the Pamela's mix and gluten filled brownies.

> >

> > I just tried to make a box of Cherrybrook Kitchens brownie mix and

> > followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven

> thermometer

> > so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total

> > flop. :(

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Guest guest

I'm with you, . Pamela's and the Gluten Free Pantry's brownie

mixes are the best, IMO. I just didn't like the flavor of the Trader

Joe's mix, although I liked the price. People said this the last time

it came up, but definitely add more chocolate chips to the recipe. :)

-

>

> I haven't seen that particular mix, but I can tell you that I adore 2

> different mixes: Pamela's brownie mix and the Gluten Free Pantry's

> Chocolate Truffle Brownie mix.

Guest guest

, If you are frustrated with trying brownie mixes, I sell flourless brownies at the Saratoga Farmer's Market every Saturday from 9am - 1pm. They are my best seller, I sold out of them last Saturday. Contact information is on my website. Best wishes, Dana www.gluten-free-gourmet.com " J. Stiavetti" <steph@...> wrote: I just tried to make a box of Cherrybrook

Kitchens brownie mix and followed the directions to the letter (I even have an oven thermometer so that I know my oven was at the exact temp) but it was a total flop. :( The edges came out perfectly, but the middle never solidified at all! I finally cut off the edges and put just the middle back in the oven for another *20 minutes* and finally, it cooked. Total cooktime to get the middle baked was 32 minutes, when the box said 12 minutes! What happened? This brownie failure streak is kind of depressing. ^^^! ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me: Stiavetti mail: stephhyperreal (DOT) org eats: http://www.wasabimon.com It's getting hard to be someone But it all works out