RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Teflon pans - after a gluten use

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I read that they shouldn't be used for both GF and non-GF food. However, when I was diagnosed, I had new, very expensive Teflon pans that had been used for gluten. I didn't know about the Teflon-gluten problem, so I continued to use them. I kept them cleaned well, using plastic Scrubbies. After I learned about this, I scrubbed them thoroughly and forbade people from putting gluten in them again. I'v not had problems, although I react strongly to trace amounts.

I don't know what you should do. I got away with using Teflon pans after they'd had gluten in them a few dozen times. I think that my brand of pans says they can be put through the dishwasher, although it does recommend it. I've done that a couple of times, and I've cleaned them with some heavy-duty Teflon cleaners occasionally. They looked ruined afterwards, but they worked fine again after a couple of uses.

Best wishes.

H.

In a message dated 7/8/08 11:13:57 AM, maiaalpern@... writes:

I really screwed up last night. I made dinner for

myself in a teflon skillet and then without thinking fried up some

potstickers in it for my housemates. My question is do you think I

can clean it enough to still use it or should I get a new pan? It is

only 1 1/2 years old and not scratched up so I am hoping I will be ok.

Maia

**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)