Guest guest

Lori

My biopsy says the same thing about portal triads plus also bile duct

proliferation but I'm guessing triads tri-meaning 3 has to do with the

structure of the liver areas.

Susie

• 8 years later...
Guest guest

, I think most of us here have had an endoscopy to look at our celiac status. I've had three.

Those three times, I was perfectly comfortable during and after the procedure. For an endoscopy, you don't have to prepare in any way other than not eating or drinking for about 12 hours beforehand. I had to remove only my blouse and bra, for the endoscopy. I woke feeling well, without even a sore throat. However, you will need to have someone drive you home (not a taxi), and you need to plan to rest at home for the remainder of the day.

Twice the endoscopy was combined with a colonoscopy. Preparation for that is more difficult, as it requires a laxative beforehand. I didn't find it to be at all painful and of embarrassing.

H.

In a message dated 7/5/08 2:49:02 PM, andrea@... writes:

Has anyone else done the biopsy to test for celiac? I am having it done next week – any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)

• 3 weeks later...