RemedySpot.com

Sangha, Glen Park, San Francisco..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just wanted to let you know I ate at this restaurant (on Chenery by Diamond Street) the other night, and though a good deal of their menu was off limits because of the soy sauce, they were extremely interested in hearing about celiac disease. Some things they buy premade, but anything they make right there they will use your own gf soy sauce for -- they made me a special tuna tartare with my gf tamari. They even told me they would look into buying some to keep in their restaurant. If more people went in asking for gf food, I am sure they would consider making more of their food with gf soy sauce. They also were great at using clean bowls & utensils, etc - they seemed to totally get the cross-contamination issue. And since the kitchen is mostly open, I could see they were doing as promised.

The food was delicious, by the way. (My kids love the teriyaki salmon - sadly, not gf - yet!)

Tristan**************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food. (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4? & NCID=aolfod00030000000002)