RemedySpot.com

RE: oats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Check the package carefully -- some Bob's Red Mill oats are not GF. Others are labelled GF.

Unfortunately, the stores near me carry only the non-GF Bob's oats.

H.

In a message dated 4/7/08 2:12:40 PM, heather.lowles@... writes:

Try Bob's Red Mill

**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides. (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

Guest guest

Some oats are contaminated with wheat. Actually, most oats are contaminated with wheat, I've heard. GF oats are available from Bob's REd Mill (special GF package -- check carefully) and other sources.

Also, some CD people react even to pure oats.

H.

In a message dated 4/7/08 2:26:40 PM, roselyn0501@... writes:

I always heard that Oats are not gluten-free.  Some people may tolerate it, but sadly I am definitely NOT one of those people :(

**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides. (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

Guest guest

Oats are more closely related to our

problem grasses than corn or millet or rice. But many of us can still eat it

without problems IF and that is a big IF, they are not grown, harvested and

stored where wheat, rye or barley were previously grown (think volunteer

plants), harvested (think same equipment not cleaned down to the very last

grain or dust particle) or stored (think silos and train cars with the same

issues as the harvesters). That said, you can get gluten-free oats online. I

bought my last bags at www.glutenfreeoats.com

but other vendors/farmers have good, clean oats too.

Connie

Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 11:06

AM

Subject: [ ] oats

Can anyone tell me for sure what he deal is with oats?

Do they have gluten in them, or not (assuming no

cross-contamination, of course)? Had a craving for

oatmeal last night.

Lori

" I wrestled with reality for 36 years, and I'm happy to say that I

finally won out over it. "

---Elwood P. Dowd

Guest guest

Seems like oats is the funny category. McCann's Steel cut oats is as close as you will get.http://www.mccanns.ie/faq.htmlAre McCann's Oat products gluten free?

All

McCann's oat products are processed in a dedicated oatmeal mill that

handles only oatmeal. In the supply chain between farm and mill, there

is a possible cross contamination with other grains, such as wheat and

barley but we reckon that the level of non-oat grains to be less than

0.05%. Cleaning equipment within the milling process would remove the

vast majority of these grains along with other elements such as stones,

straw etc.

But

we cannot guarantee that McCann's oats are totally gluten free and we

recommend that consumers use their own judgement as to whether they

wish to use our oatmeal or not. Many celiacs can tolerate our oatmeal

products without any adverse effect but they may not suit those who are

particularly sensitive.----- Original Message ----From: Fiesta Cranberry <fiestacranberry@...> Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 11:06:08 AMSubject: [ ] oats

Can anyone tell me for sure what he deal is with oats?

Do they have gluten in them, or not (assuming no

cross-contamination , of course)? Had a craving for

oatmeal last night.

Lori

"I wrestled with reality for 36 years, and I'm happy to say that I

finally won out over it."

---Elwood P. Dowd

Guest guest

Try Bob's Red Mill - https://www.bobsredmill.com/GFOats.php

----- Original Message ----From: Melita <leftcoastmelita@...> Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 12:36:12 PMSubject: Re: [ ] oats

Seems like oats is the funny category. McCann's Steel cut oats is as close as you will get.http://www.mccanns.ie/faq.html

Are McCann's Oat products gluten free?

All McCann's oat products are processed in a dedicated oatmeal mill that handles only oatmeal. In the supply chain between farm and mill, there is a possible cross contamination with other grains, such as wheat and barley but we reckon that the level of non-oat grains to be less than 0.05%. Cleaning equipment within the milling process would remove the vast majority of these grains along with other elements such as stones, straw etc.

But we cannot guarantee that McCann's oats are totally gluten free and we recommend that consumers use their own judgement as to whether they wish to use our oatmeal or not. Many celiacs can tolerate our oatmeal products without any adverse effect but they may not suit those who are particularly sensitive.

----- Original Message ----From: Fiesta Cranberry <fiestacranberry@...> Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 11:06:08 AMSubject: [ ] oats

Can anyone tell me for sure what he deal is with oats?Do they have gluten in them, or not (assuming nocross-contamination , of course)? Had a craving foroatmeal last night.Lori"I wrestled with reality for 36 years, and I'm happy to say that Ifinally won out over it."---Elwood P. Dowd

Guest guest

I always heard that Oats are not gluten-free. Some people may tolerate it, but sadly I am definitely NOT one of those people :( Lowles <heather.lowles@...> wrote: Try Bob's Red Mill - https://www.bobsredmill.com/GFOats.php ----- Original Message ----From: Melita <leftcoastmelitasbcglobal (DOT) net> Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 12:36:12 PMSubject: Re: [ ] oats Seems like oats is the funny category. McCann's Steel cut oats is as close as you will get.http://www.mccanns.ie/faq.html Are McCann's Oat products gluten free? All McCann's oat products are processed in a dedicated oatmeal mill that handles only oatmeal. In the supply chain between farm and mill, there is a

possible cross contamination with other grains, such as wheat and barley but we reckon that the level of non-oat grains to be less than 0.05%. Cleaning equipment within the milling process would remove the vast majority of these grains along with other elements such as stones, straw etc. But we cannot guarantee that McCann's oats are totally gluten free and we recommend that consumers use their own judgement as to whether they wish to use our oatmeal or not. Many celiacs can tolerate our oatmeal products without any adverse effect but they may not suit those who are particularly sensitive. ----- Original Message ----From: Fiesta Cranberry <fiestacranberry >To:

Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 11:06:08 AMSubject: [ ] oats Can anyone tell me for sure what he deal is with oats?Do they have gluten in them, or not (assuming nocross-contamination , of course)? Had a craving foroatmeal last night.Lori"I wrestled with reality for 36 years, and I'm happy to say that Ifinally won out over it."---Elwood P. Dowd

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

20% of all celiac sufferers have a “celiac-like”

reaction to even GF oats.

Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 3:14

PM

Subject: Re: [ ] oats

Some oats are

contaminated with wheat. Actually, most oats are contaminated with wheat,

I've heard. GF oats are available from Bob's REd Mill (special GF package

-- check carefully) and other sources.

Also, some CD people react even to pure oats.

H.

In a message dated 4/7/08 2:26:40 PM, roselyn0501 writes:

I always heard that Oats are not gluten-free. Some people may tolerate

it, but sadly I am definitely NOT one of those people :(

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

(http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)