RemedySpot.com

Fighting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks Rodney. I remain, subluxation based, but not subluxation limited(Kessinger). Steve Lumsden

Fighting

To all the combatants

This battle of Straight Vs Mixer is moot. I personally have no problem with any chiropractic treatment philosophy as long as treatment is preceded by proper examination.

Why would anyone not want to use their education to it's fullest? We have the Knowledge to DDX almost any patient that walks through our doors. In many ways we have more to offer than any other health care profession. Let us not restrict ourselves, or be restricted by others because of our lack of unity.

We have as Chiropractors the right to examine and treat anyone who comes into our office. If we proceed into the future bickering without a united front we may loose our portal of entry status!

Rodney J. Cross DCOregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

<PRE>And therein lies the tale: you misperceived my statement. There is no

'limited pride' in my profession ... I was only expressing my interest to

include ALL of my abilities and not to keep them limited to nms only. Sunny

Kierstyn ;'-)))

Steve,

I need clarification on subluxation based. does that mean your for subluxations or against subluxations.

Also would like the group members to responded with their definition of a subluxation, Also do your patients know what it is.

Carl Bonofiglio

-- Re: Fighting

Thanks Rodney. I remain, subluxation based, but not subluxation limited(Kessinger). Steve Lumsden

Fighting

To all the combatants

This battle of Straight Vs Mixer is moot. I personally have no problem with any chiropractic treatment philosophy as long as treatment is preceded by proper examination.

Why would anyone not want to use their education to it's fullest? We have the Knowledge to DDX almost any patient that walks through our doors. In many ways we have more to offer than any other health care profession. Let us not restrict ourselves, or be restricted by others because of our lack of unity.

We have as Chiropractors the right to examine and treat anyone who comes into our office. If we proceed into the future bickering without a united front we may loose our portal of entry status!

Rodney J. Cross DCOregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

It is interesting that this whole "straight vs. mixer" debate started here

because I perceived that someone appeared to exhibit limited pride in their

profession. How the heck did it get here? I'm feeling like

Trent Lott!! I feel like I'm playing that kid's game where they whisper

a message in the ear of the first kid to see what it says when they get

to the end of the line of kids after it's been passed along.

R. Stearns, D.C.

"Dr. Cross" wrote:

To

all the combatantsThis battle

of Straight Vs Mixer is moot. I personally have no problem with any chiropractic

treatment philosophy as long as treatment is preceded by proper examination. Why

would anyone not want to use their education to it's fullest? We have the

Knowledge to DDX almost any patient that walks through our doors. In many

ways we have more to offer than any other health care profession. Let us

not restrict ourselves, or be restricted by others because of our lack

of unity. We have as

Chiropractors the right to examine and treat anyone who comes into our

office. If we proceed into the future bickering without a united front

we may loose our portal of entry status!Rodney

J. Cross DC

OregonDCs rules:

1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve

is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve

members will be tolerated.

2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.

3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere.

However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward,

or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without

his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

Carl,

Excellent question, and as we all know controversy abounds as to what constitutes a subluxation. I personally hate to use the term as it is not descriptive of the lesion or dysfunction we intend to identify. Though our organizations have often defined the term, very few outside of the profession really understand it. Communicating well with the outside world is really important. Most of my practice revolves around the treatment of musculo-skeletal dysfunction. These dysfunctions may or may not have significant neurological components. My experience has confirmed in my mind that what I do with damaged and dysfunctional tissues most often results in significant improvement. This seems to me to be a complicated response as structural function can improve, neurological function can improve, emotional/mental function also can improve. My patients really understand what I am doing if I explain to them that our joints are mechanical hinges and function well when joint surfaces, ligaments, nerves, and muscles are all doing their job. Then I go into the various pertinent causes etc., you get my point. I have also found that this structural dysfunction responds to my care best if the person is compliant, and basically healthy. Poor response to care can be a result of some co-morbidity, so I might evaluate and include laboratory testing either initially or during the course of treatment. So, I respect the subluxation and its effect upon human health and disease. I also feel confident that the burden of diagnosis is mine and that often through lifestyle change, nutrient/botannical sups/meds, bedside manner, and good adjustments, people can make great gains in their efforts to acheive and maintain health. When I say "not subluxation limited," I mean that there are more pieces to the puzzle that I choose to evaluate when necessary.

Steve

Fighting

To all the combatants

Carl: I will stick my head out here. I don't think subluxations really exists except occasionally. Ii don't think subluxations are what we treat. I think in terms of tissue damage- changing circulation, reducing inflammation... I know it is very unchiropractic, but that is how I have always felt. Ann Goldeen, Astoria

Fighting

To all the combatants

Steve: Excellent description of what I perceive the subluxation to be and what I practice. I have found it better to communicate with other health care providers by stressing function and dysfunction and the progression of dysfunction to degeneration to disease, rather than using the term subluxation. They have been taught one subluxation definition and don't want to be bothered with another. And it doesn't help when our official definition is not simple and theoretical, and the medical definition is short and sweet (a partially dislocated joint). Seitz Fighting To all the combatants This battle of Straight Vs Mixer is moot. I personally have no problem with any chiropractic treatment philosophy as long as treatment is preceded by proper examination. Why would anyone not want to use their education to it's fullest? We have the Knowledge to DDX almost any patient that walks through our doors. In many ways we have more to offer than any other health care profession. Let us not restrict ourselves, or be restricted by others because of our lack of unity. We have as Chiropractors the right to examine and treat anyone who comes into our office. If we proceed into the future bickering without a united front we may loose our portal of entry status! Rodney J. Cross DCOregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

• 5 years later...

Someone told me something yesterday that stuck. I bet every single

mom on here is the best kind of person...the one you want for a

neighbor or a friend. We all have way more in common than we have

that separates us. Our greatest bonding point is our children who are

harmed in varying degrees by an unknown enemy. The person told me

this kind of fighting would likely never happen in an inperson group

because we would see each other...in person. We'd see the children

and we'd only want the best for each other never questioning how bad

off a kid is (not as bas as mine...really messed up, etc) or whether

each other was crazy. I meat in an inperson group. Some days I love

it and some days I hate it. Everyone in that group is doing a diet

but it is not the same diet. 3 of 5 of them are going to the same

DAN. I am not one of the ones seeing that DAN but do not feel

pressured. At the end of the day we laugh and cry every two weeks.

Laugh at the craziness of our lives and cry tears of joy at progress

and tears of sorrow at what we have lived through. We are not best

friends. Some in the group don't like each other but there is mutual

respect there. Perhaps we should get in person chapters going from

this board. Not a perfect solution but maybe we would not take the

gloves off so much. I am not saying this to others and not myself as

I have done my fair share of this as well, perhaps the lions share,

not sure. Peace is what we need to go forward and help our individual

kids in our own ways. There is no one solution. If there were it

would be great. We need to share and talk and not fight to be

productive for these kids.