RemedySpot.com

A good day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Goodness...sounds like you are having a heat wave! Gee! What a life....I LOVE the cold weather....just the perfect time for hot chicken soup steaming on the stove! Ohhhh ... enjoy some for me!

debby

[ ] A good day

Good morning to all,Today will be a good day: I woke feeling rested and not the least bit drowsy. I love the weekends when I can sleep until my body wants to wake up. I wish I could do that every day. Normally, I have to be up and about by 6 AM to be ready to leave for work at 7AM. It is -10 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. That is warmer than it was yesterday at this time. It was ironic that yesterday morning a gentleman came to pick up my lawnmower to service it for the coming season. We both got quite a laugh out of that. Last week at this time it was 50 degrees. This fluctuation in temperatures is pretty common this time of the year in Wyoming. I guess it means that spring is trying to arrive. I just hope that it comes with LOTS of wet snow storms or rain. Since I was feeling good this morning, I put on a huge pot of soup to simmer. Want to come over and enjoy some soup for lunch on a chilly day? Enough rambling. I hope you, too, are having a feel good day.

Guest guest

So glad to hear it, . You really appreciate a good day because

there aren't that many. But then, you usually do too much and pay for

it afterwards...lol. Oh, well. Take the good with the bad. Hope it

turns into a good stretch of them. Laurie

> Good morning to all,

>

> Today will be a good day: I woke feeling rested and not the least

> bit drowsy. I love the weekends when I can sleep until my body

> wants to wake up. I wish I could do that every day. Normally, I

> have to be up and about by 6 AM to be ready to leave for work at

> 7AM.

>

> It is -10 degrees Fahrenheit this morning. That is warmer than it

> was yesterday at this time. It was ironic that yesterday morning a

> gentleman came to pick up my lawnmower to service it for the

> coming season. We both got quite a laugh out of that. Last week

> at this time it was 50 degrees. This fluctuation in temperatures is

> pretty common this time of the year in Wyoming. I guess it

> means that spring is trying to arrive. I just hope that it comes

with

> LOTS of wet snow storms or rain.

>

> Since I was feeling good this morning, I put on a huge pot of

> soup to simmer. Want to come over and enjoy some soup for

> lunch on a chilly day?

>

> Enough rambling. I hope you, too, are having a feel good day.

>

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

, congratulations, Those special moments make all the rest worth it Don't they?

Patty

[ ] a good day

Just wanted to share my good day with you guys since I am often quick to ask for support during the bad days. My daughter, Nikki, is home from college for the week so we can make some wedding decisions. Friday afternoon she and I met with a wedding coordinator that Nikki is going to use. This will take a lot of the stress off of both Nikki and me. The wedding coordinator convinced Nikki in just a few minutes that a 'sit down dinner' at the reception was not the best idea. She told Nikki that with the wedding budget she has ($10,000) she would not be able to afford a dinner she would really be happy with. Nikki has now decided to forego the sit down dinner and have various food tables, some with somewhat 'heavy' foods so that no one will go hungry since the wedding will be an evening event. I learned a long time ago with Nikki that things work best between the two of us if I simply give her a set amount of money and let her decided how it is spent. Nikki is lucky in that she gets to 'double dip' because her dad and I are divorced. Anyway, I was very pleased with our Friday meeting with the coordinator. Yesterday, Nikki and I went with Nikki's stepmother and little sister to look at bridesmaids dresses. WE found that bridesmaids dresses are typically different from one year to the next, so the ones we look at now will no longer be available next year when we need to get them for Nikki's wedding in May 04. Oh, well, Nikki's little sis did try on the style Nikki was thinking of and of course she looked adorable. She is almost 13 and is a cute little size 5, spitting image of Nikki (which is funny since Nikki and her sis have different moms and also because people say that Nikki looks so very much like me). Obviously, I think Nikki's little sis is a doll. After being unable to find the exact shade of material Nikki is thinking of for the bridesmaids dresses, we began talking about the possibility of having the dresses made. Nikki had originally been against the idea when I suggested it a few weeks ago. After realizing that may be the only way to get the exact color and style she wants, she now thinks it's a great idea. We also looked just a bit at mother of the bride dresses, which are ridiculously expensive and I'd already decided I'd probably have mine made. We were talking colors and styles and Nikki's stepmom said that Nikki didn't need to worry about picking a color/style that would look good on her since she wasn't really Nikki's mom. I told her that she had certainly earned the right to be considered a mother of the bride as she lived through Nikki's difficult teen times.

Anyway, we just had a fun girls day. I truly like Nikki's stepmom despite the fact that in Nikki's younger years we had some pretty bad times due to spats about money and other totally insigificant things! I am now simply thankful that she loves my daughter and has been there for her at times when Nikki needed her. It took many years for me to realize that no one can replace what Nikki and I share but that there is no need for me to feel threatened because Nikki loves her stepmom.

After we got home Nikki commented on how wonderful it is for her that both sets of her parents get along so well. She said that she feels she is very lucky and that it is a big relief for her that she does not have to worry about how her parents will react to having to be around each other. She said, "I know it must feel weird for you and Vikki to be around each other sometimes, but I'm so glad that you guys get along!" I told Nikki that it doesn't really feel weird to me at all and that I do truly like her stepmom, in part, because her stepmom loves Nikki and is the mom of the little sis Nikki adores. Even at times when when we might not have liked each other one bit, we still made sure that we did not let our feelings interfere with being around each other.

I never envisioned my child as having her parents divorced and remarried and I think divorce is a horrible thing but I am thankful that we have managed to get beyond the petty issues and get along with each other based on the common bond we all share of loving my beautiful daughter.

I had a really bad episode of my usual RUQ abdominal pain only 3 hours prior to beginning our girls shopping trip. I thought for a bit it was going to end up sending me to the ER. However, it finally subsided and the remainder of the day I had only the typical tolerable level of pain.

Well, I intended to write a short e-mail, but as you can see, that's not possible for me!

Hope everyone else had a great day yesterday and has a great one today. I must get my butt in the shower so we can get to church.

W

• 5 years later...

I just wanted to pass on some good news. I am not sure I can explain why

but this week, despite getting news of a congenital heart thing in

, has been great. His sentences are long, involved and very

conversational. He notices things that floor me. I said we were going to

the store but forgot to mention we were going to the post office first

which is in the opposite direction. He said, and I quote: " You are going

the wrong way. " He lets me kiss him...lots. Before a touch to the face

was painful. Three months ago if I took him to the store and the lady

said he was cute and simply looked at him he'd hide in his shoulder, was

fearful wanting to get away and cried in absolute desperation. Just

yesterday at the same store he used to do that in he smiled and waved

bye to the cashier. He initiated this. I am pretty sure this is the boy

I was to meet when I gave birth but he was hidden under those vaccines.

In the past three days I have sen near miracles. Smiling and crying. All

I do these days.