Guest guest

Guest guest

on 8/8/05 1:07 AM, schaferatsprynet at schafer@... wrote:

It is my pleasure to introduce to our discussion list a man who bears

some genetic responsibility for the existance of that most heroic book

Evidence of Harm, Leo Kirby, 's dad! Mr. Kirby lives in Santa

, which is about 100 miles west of Sacramento, where I live in

California. Welcome, our 1025 member!

no way- welcome Mr. Kirby. You must be sooo proud of your son- we are.

he is a hero to many of us.

hope you enjoy the group.

- in NY

PS- if you haven't seen them yet, i have some pictures of david posted here;

http://www.lighthousestudios.info/kirbybook1.html

http://www.lighthousestudios.info/davidkirby.html

http://www.lighthousestudios.info/davidkirbybookrevue.html

http://www.autismrally.com/july20c.html

http://www.lighthousestudios.info/autismone20052.html

Guest guest

Welcome Leo Kirby,

Enjoy the discussions, our family is in Napa which is not to far from Santa . My 21yr old son works in an assisted living community in Santa .

By the way, your son has done a wonderful job in helping bring autism more to the forefront and educating the public with his book. Our family dearly appreciates that.

Cherischaferatsprynet <schafer@...> wrote:

It is my pleasure to introduce to our discussion list a man who bearssome genetic responsibility for the existance of that most heroic bookEvidence of Harm, Leo Kirby, 's dad! Mr. Kirby lives in Santa, which is about 100 miles west of Sacramento, where I live inCalifornia. Welcome, our 1025 member!Lenny SchaferEOHarm List Host

Failure is not an option!

Guest guest

Welcome Leo....

Youve gottabe proud of your ....he is a hero to our kids....and

the nicest guy too!!!

All the best,

Ellen

>

> It is my pleasure to introduce to our discussion list a man who bears

> some genetic responsibility for the existance of that most heroic

book

> Evidence of Harm, Leo Kirby, 's dad! Mr. Kirby lives in Santa

> , which is about 100 miles west of Sacramento, where I live in

> California. Welcome, our 1025 member!

>

> Lenny Schafer

> EOHarm List Host

• 1 year later...

sharon i know how you feel i am seeing a conslor this weekend i am falling apart mom passed away nov 21 thats a month toimmrrow i hate this christmas wont be anything this year josiexyz_dawn1 <xyz_dawn1@...> wrote: Sharon,You have me crying too. This is so sad and so hard for you. I don't have any idea how this would feel. It just makes me really appreciate what I have. You must love your father a great deal to be with him 24/7 and your Mom too. What a beautiful gift you are giving them. I hope you have a great holiday with your family and that your Dad enjoys this time too.Dawn>> It's been awhile since I have written on the board. Well Dad has > deteroiated severely within

the last month. He is barely eating and > breathing has deteroiated but still refuses oxygen. Hospice is still > coming twice a week and social worker each week. Sure depend on > these people and they are so kind and understanding. My mother cries > each and everyday along with myself. I finally had to go to doctors > to get on antidepressants because otherwise I will not be able to > deal with anything. I get phone calls daily friends and family > checking on dad, taking care of dads needs, and talking with mom. It > was getting way to much for me and I was having aniexty attacks and > knew I had to get on something since I am with dad 24/7. Christmas > is coming up and we are all having a hard time with this knowing it > will be his last christmas. Everytime I go shopping I end up crying > in the store. I went last week to buy him his birthday card which

> his birthday is the 28th of this month I totally lost it in Hallmark > store. The clerk came up to me and asked me if I was okay I said I > was fine that my father is dying of cancer and that this will be the > last birthday card I will ever buy for him and is very upsetting to > me. Well I made her cry. Oh goodness I felt bad. I should have just > said I am fine but it just came out. Which I felt terrible that I did > that to her. Was sweet on her part but terrible on my side. My aunt > came up from Florida this last week and was a good visit with her and > Dad enjoyed it also.> > I hope everyone has a good holiday.> > Sharon>~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at

/chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./links Personal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose

medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

I know what your going through. I lost both of my parents at Christmas (both to cancer). My mom passed Dec 29, 1984, and dad Dec 23, 1995. My dad passed on the same day as Dean . At first Christmas was very difficult. But after thinking things over, I was actually relieved. My parents were no longer in pain. Mom would not have wanted us to be sad about the holidays without her. As for dad. Well he was my dad (And I respected him for that alone). But there was no love loss between him, and anyone in the family. He was a very abusive person (verbally). He's also a story for another time.

Sue

For a REALLY HOT time check out http://www.peternoone.com and

http://www.mikesmith1964.com

Re: Re: Dad

sharon i know how you feel i am seeing a conslor this weekend i am falling apart mom passed away nov 21 thats a month toimmrrow i hate this christmas wont be anything this year josiexyz_dawn1 <xyz_dawn1 (DOT) com> wrote:

Sharon,You have me crying too. This is so sad and so hard for you. I don't have any idea how this would feel. It just makes me really appreciate what I have. You must love your father a great deal to be with him 24/7 and your Mom too. What a beautiful gift you are giving them. I hope you have a great holiday with your family and that your Dad enjoys this time too.Dawn>> It's been awhile since I have written on the board. Well Dad has > deteroiated severely within the last month. He is barely eating and > breathing has deteroiated but still refuses oxygen. Hospice is still > coming twice a week and social worker each week. Sure depend on > these people and they are so kind and understanding. My mother cries > each and everyday along with

myself. I finally had to go to doctors > to get on antidepressants because otherwise I will not be able to > deal with anything. I get phone calls daily friends and family > checking on dad, taking care of dads needs, and talking with mom. It > was getting way to much for me and I was having aniexty attacks and > knew I had to get on something since I am with dad 24/7. Christmas > is coming up and we are all having a hard time with this knowing it > will be his last christmas. Everytime I go shopping I end up crying > in the store. I went last week to buy him his birthday card which > his birthday is the 28th of this month I totally lost it in Hallmark > store. The clerk came up to me and asked me if I was okay I said I > was fine that my father is dying of cancer and that this will be the > last birthday card I will ever buy for him and is very upsetting to > me.

Well I made her cry. Oh goodness I felt bad. I should have just > said I am fine but it just came out. Which I felt terrible that I did > that to her. Was sweet on her part but terrible on my side. My aunt > came up from Florida this last week and was a good visit with her and > Dad enjoyed it also.> > I hope everyone has a good holiday.> > Sharon>~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-http: //groups. / group// messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at http://groups. / group// chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful.http://groups. / group// linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -ownerSubscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent

to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- http://groups. / group// joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe @groups. com-unsubscri begroups (DOT) comThis group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

• 1 year later...

Will do. Lots of hugs and cards from grandchildren, etc.

> >

> > They opened him up and all arteries are calcified. No bypass could

be

> > done. They want to take the leg. I am going there with manuka honey

and

> > articles...wish me luck. Scratch that, please pray.

> >

>

Is off antibiotics, scheduled for HBOT Monday and leaves the hospital

tomorrow. He has a lot of recovery to do from antibiotics alone and then

there is the hurdle of me trying to address diet with him but I only

asked that he get out of that operation alive so this is quite the

bonus. I'll take it and any continued prayers anyone is willing to give.

Terrific News so far! keep up the good fight!

[ ] Dad

Is off antibiotics, scheduled for HBOT Monday and leaves the hospital

tomorrow. He has a lot of recovery to do from antibiotics alone and then

there is the hurdle of me trying to address diet with him but I only

asked that he get out of that operation alive so this is quite the

bonus. I'll take it and any continued prayers anyone is willing to give.