wrote:

> ,

> If I understand the nutrient thing don't you need a good

source of

> Vitamin D to help in the calcium absorption? That's one of the

benefits of

> vitamin D fortified milk.

> Joe

Ah, heck, just pop a vitamin pill for this :) - unless you like sun.

<snip>

> >

> >I also do not do dairy - just a few ounces of cheese a week for

flavor. It

> >gives me congestion - even yogurt.

Yes, I have that problem and others with milk. Yogurt and cheese I

tolerate just fine. The only problem is cheese has too much

saturated fat to eat too often and the yogurt I consume is always

sweetened with sugar (because otherwise it's inedible in my

opinion). Woe is me.:) I'm still looking for an ideal solution to

the calcium issue (non-fat cheese? cottage cheese?). Although there

was a time I didn't care. Heck, there was a time I was vegan but I'm

no longer convinced it's wise.

>One of my calcium sources is mineral

> >water.

This can't be accurate can it? Mineral water as a good source of

calcium?

>Walford recommends this in his book. Gerolsteiner is a very high

> >source. San Peligrino is also good - though not as high as

Gerolsteiner. I

> >get Gerolsteiner for .99 a liter at Trader Joes. Whole Foods has a

store

> >brand version of San Peligrino, labelled Italian Sparkling Water,

which is

> >also reasonable. I think of this as a good source, since it comes

mixed with

> >other minerals and you can drink it all day long. Somewhere, I

read that

> >calcium is best absorbed on its own, not mixed with food, so

drinking the

> >mineral water between meals is ideal.

> >

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,How long did it take for your 1st fill. I am 5 days post surgery and doing great. Just wondering they say 6-8 weeks after, but I have read that some people go longer, just wondering?Sorry can't give you any feedback about food yet.From: akan2hair <akan2hair@...>Subject: Food suggestions Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 9:03 PM

I got a fill yesterday and I am trying to start all over. Anyone have any suggestions on foods to eat, not eat and totally avoid? Is there anyone who has been very successful with the lapband and can give me some good advice?

Thanks,

Carolyn

Guest guest

Great advice!On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:08 PM, lois hansen <ljhans5@...> wrote:

It's a one-day-at-a-time deal for me but what helps me a lot is juicing of fresh veggies -- carrot juice, celery, tomato, spinach, cucumber.  I juice these and others in various combinations and throw in some ice and to me it is delicious. Very satisfying.   I also love broths -- chicken, beef, vegetable -- and I don't worry too much about sodium content. 

As for what to avoid.....well........dense sugar  " foods " like candy, ice cream. They go down easy but pack a huge caloric punch. The less the better.

OK. That's my two cents worth.  Oh. I use the Jack LaLane juicer. Very easy to clean........

Guest guest

Hi . I am 6 weeks post surgery and getting my first fill in 2 weeks. Just feel that it is time. I don't have the restriction that I had the first 4 weeks after surgery. I just can feel the change. Anyone on the board going to Mexicali on June 29th from San Diego airport?Sent from Sharon L's iPhoneOn Jun 4, 2009, at 12:15 PM, <vrosegirl2000@...> wrote:

Hi Carolyn,How long did it take for your 1st fill. I am 5 days post surgery and doing great. Just wondering they say 6-8 weeks after, but I have read that some people go longer, just wondering?Sorry can't give you any feedback about food yet.From: akan2hair <akan2hair >Subject: Food suggestions Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 9:03 PM

I got a fill yesterday and I am trying to start all over. Anyone have any suggestions on foods to eat, not eat and totally avoid? Is there anyone who has been very successful with the lapband and can give me some good advice?

Thanks,

Carolyn

Guest guest

Hi ,Glad to hear your experience was good. Haven't really heard any Lap band stories on this site. I am 1 week post surgery, I had the Lap band. I am actually feeling really good, my in cessions are healing very nicely and I don't feel any pain. I have lost 10 lbs in a week, so that makes me VERY happy. Just wondering how long did it take you for your 1st fill? and if you are taking any vitamins? I am taking a chewable multivitamin, but before surgery I always took vitamins. Also if you had experienced and hair loss, some ladies are saying they have and it's a scary subject for me.From: <lgr00_00@...>Subject: Re:

Food suggestions Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:53 AM

Hi Carolyn,

I have had my lap band since Aug 1st 2007. I lost 60-64 pds in 8 to 9 months and have kept it off. I have found that just getting my protein in, (UNJURY) and drinking at least 16 oz of water a day, getting all my 13 to 15 servings of fruit and veggies, I guess I could say all my nutrition (MONAVIE) and I don't have any bread such as hamburgers, sandwiches, etc and just always pay attention to what my body is saying. I am full, you aren't really hungry, do you need that etc. That has worked for me. I do know when our bodies gets the nutrition it needs, you don't get those cravings and you feel good as in energy, good sleep, just all around healthy feeling. I haven't exercised which I SHOULD and I am, that just hasn't been part of my lap band experience as of yet. Hope this has helped. If you'd like to talk more about my experience and things I have done, please email me anytime. Best of luck,

DOB

8/1/07

204/140/ goal

email address: lgr00_00 (DOT) com

From: akan2hair <akan2hair (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:03:53 PMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Food suggestions

I got a fill yesterday and I am trying to start all over. Anyone have any suggestions on foods to eat, not eat and totally avoid? Is there anyone who has been very successful with the lapband and can give me some good advice? Thanks,Carolyn

Guest guest

Hi ,

Congrats on your decision to have the lap band and losing your 10pd. I went back I think it was like 8 weeks before I got my first fill. Then I went back like in 3 months got a lil more fill..had to go back 2 weeks later and get unfill....and havent had to go back since. No, I do not take vitamins. Use to take liquid vitamins. They get into your system faster than pills. I do get all my vitamins and nutrients and phytonutrients etc all in 4 oz of MonaVie a day. So thats all the supplements I take. Email me anytime if you have any more questions, feel free to email me at lgr00_00@...

From: <vrosegirl2000@ Sent: Friday, June 5, 2009 12:45:47 PMSubject: Re: Food suggestions

Hi ,Glad to hear your experience was good. Haven't really heard any Lap band stories on this site. I am 1 week post surgery, I had the Lap band. I am actually feeling really good, my in cessions are healing very nicely and I don't feel any pain. I have lost 10 lbs in a week, so that makes me VERY happy. Just wondering how long did it take you for your 1st fill? and if you are taking any vitamins? I am taking a chewable multivitamin, but before surgery I always took vitamins. Also if you had experienced and hair loss, some ladies are saying they have and it's a scary subject for me.

From: <lgr00_00 (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Food suggestions @groups. comDate: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:53 AM

Hi Carolyn,

I have had my lap band since Aug 1st 2007. I lost 60-64 pds in 8 to 9 months and have kept it off. I have found that just getting my protein in, (UNJURY) and drinking at least 16 oz of water a day, getting all my 13 to 15 servings of fruit and veggies, I guess I could say all my nutrition (MONAVIE) and I don't have any bread such as hamburgers, sandwiches, etc and just always pay attention to what my body is saying. I am full, you aren't really hungry, do you need that etc. That has worked for me. I do know when our bodies gets the nutrition it needs, you don't get those cravings and you feel good as in energy, good sleep, just all around healthy feeling. I haven't exercised which I SHOULD and I am, that just hasn't been part of my lap band experience as of yet. Hope this has helped. If you'd like to talk more about my experience and things I have done, please email me anytime. Best of luck,

DOB

8/1/07

204/140/ goal

email address: lgr00_00 (DOT) com

From: akan2hair <akan2hair (DOT) com> @groups. comSent: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:03:53 PMSubject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Food suggestions

I got a fill yesterday and I am trying to start all over. Anyone have any suggestions on foods to eat, not eat and totally avoid? Is there anyone who has been very successful with the lapband and can give me some good advice? Thanks,Carolyn

Guest guest

Eight weeks is good, give your body a little time to heal.

From: <vrosegirl2000@...> Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:15:38 PMSubject: Re: Food suggestions

Hi Carolyn,How long did it take for your 1st fill. I am 5 days post surgery and doing great. Just wondering they say 6-8 weeks after, but I have read that some people go longer, just wondering?Sorry can't give you any feedback about food yet.

From: akan2hair <akan2hair (DOT) com>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Food suggestions @groups. comDate: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 9:03 PM