RemedySpot.com

When it rains, it pours

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Both NBC and local CBS in NYC have contacted me in the last few hours. Must

be the WSJ article and then everyone is trying to scoop everyone else.

Anyway I understand that NBC is sending a camera crew to Dean's place

tonight to see what's for dinner. Stay tuned for info on when all these

programs will be aired!!

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Dyann,

Oh my, kids and what they will do to themselves! Hang in there, prayers are coming, and know you are doing the best for him, it's always tough when it's your child.

Hugs,

Colorado Springs

[ ] When it rains, it pours

Hello All,This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, "Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper"... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point. Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.,Dyann

Guest guest

Dyann,

Unbelievable. You & your family have my prayers.

There are no words for the insensitivity of that nurse.

Dorcas

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of dyanndiamondSent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 12:24 PM Subject: [ ] When it rains, it pours

Hello All,This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, "Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper"... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point. Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.,Dyann

Guest guest

I am sooo sorry, I can't imagine what you and your family and your poor son are going through.  You were told this is a common injury with the child safe outlets.  Can only wonder how much worse this would be without a child safe outlet.  Makes you think what is the point of the safe outlets then!  I am keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts.

DebbieOn Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, dyanndiamond <dyanndiamond@...> wrote:

Hello All,

This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.

Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.

It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, " Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper " ... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point.

Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.

The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.

So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.

Dyann

Guest guest

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BOY, AS A MOTHER OF NINE I KNOW THAT IT SOMETIMES SEEMS THAT YOU CAN NEVER HAVE A SMOOTH DAY.. MY HUSBAND USE TO SAY THAT IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING EVERY DAY..THAT THEY WERE ALWAYS INTO SOMETHING...MY REPLY WAS IN REALITY WITH ALL THE KIDS WE HAD IF IT WAS ONLY ONE DIFFERENT CHILD WITH A PROBLEMS PER DAY THE OTHERS WERE DOING O.K...SO GO FIGURE..MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOURS TAKE CARE AND WE KNOW THAT HE WILL BE O.K. KIDS SEEM TO POUNCE BACK...WANDA LAS VEGAS

From: Kirkaldie <.Kirkaldie@...>Subject: Re: [ ] When it rains, it pours Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 10:25 AM

Dyann,

Oh my, kids and what they will do to themselves! Hang in there, prayers are coming, and know you are doing the best for him, it's always tough when it's your child.

Hugs,

Colorado Springs

Hello All,This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, "Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper"... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point. Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty

awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.,Dyann

Guest guest

Dyann,

Wow! you poor thing. Poor Noah. Your all definetly in my prayers! Sounds like

God was already watching over him. At least there was no electric shock damage.

Sorry, it happened though. I pray he heals well. c

>

> Hello All,

> This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.

> Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He

has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half

dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where

he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy

was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.

>

> It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my

husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up.

I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, " Mom doesn't

want to get up and change a poopy diaper " ... she didn't know I had pushed past

my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was

feeling much kinder than I might have at that point.

>

> Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty awful. They are going to

wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will

discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity.

We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any

electric shock damage.

>

> The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this

is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.

> So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be

greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little

prayer too.

> ,

> Dyann

>

Guest guest

Dyann,

Sometimes it just seems that the troubles seem to pile on! I am glad that Noah was not hurt worse than he was, although it certainly is bad enough. I can only imagine how exhausted you are and having an nurse making snide comments must have been very hard to deal with. I do hope you, or your husband, set her straight. We've all learned not to jump to conclusions, you never know what is happening in people lives.

Best of luck,

Jeanne

Guest guest

Jeez Dyann, how scary! Kids! Boys! I'm sure you were frightened and I will pray

that his only scar will simply be a vague memory of the incident. Prayers have

been said for Mr. Sparky, his Mommy and his Daddy!

D (RI)

>

> Hello All,

>

want to get up and change a poopy diaper " ... she didn't know I had pushed past

>

discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity.

electric shock damage.

>

> The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this

prayer too.

> ,

> Dyann

>

Guest guest

Oh my goodness. I feel so bad for what you guys are going through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care,PaSent from my iPhoneOn Aug 5, 2009, at 4:07 PM, "valerie_delaney" <vad61@...> wrote:

Jeez Dyann, how scary! Kids! Boys! I'm sure you were frightened and I will pray that his only scar will simply be a vague memory of the incident. Prayers have been said for Mr. Sparky, his Mommy and his Daddy!

D (RI)

>

> Hello All,

> Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.

>

> It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, "Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper"... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point.

>

> Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.

>

> The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.

> So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.

> ,

> Dyann

>

Guest guest

Wow Dyann! I hope that your little one has as smooth of a recovery as possible.

How frightening that must have been for all of you. I will keep you in my

thoughts.

>

> Hello All,

>

>

electric shock damage.

>

prayer too.

> ,

> Dyann

>

Guest guest

Dyann,

My thoughts are with you and your family. It is amazing what children will do and hopefully his interest in electrical cords has been satisfied. Hey, maybe that will be his future career. You never know.

As for the nurse and her comment, she would have information on the patient, your son, and not on your situation (unless you had already informed the staff). I hope you were able to calmly inform her of your situation and that she was then more helpful to you and your family. It does hurt when these comments are made, but when you look at the situation from their point of view, unless it is obvious that there is a serious condition, most people will be judge as capable, normal human beings/parents. Also, that nurse may have had a very trying shift, herself, and was exhausted, which leads to further miscommunications.

Take care of yourself, and let others know of your situation. You need to take care of yourself so that you can look after your son, both emotionally and physically.

Llweyn

Guest guest

Add my well wishes to the rest. As to the nurse, it is unfortunate but there

are a lot of people who treat nurses like servants and unfortunately some nurses

start jumping to the conclusion that everyone treats them like servants. That

doesn't forgive her though. She could have confronted you directly and

privately, in which case you would have been given the opportunity to explain

the situation. She also could have made her comment to the other nurse outside

of your hearing; you wouldn't have had the opportunity to correct her, yet you

wouldn't have been hurt by it because you wouldn't have known. To have made the

comment to a third party within your hearing was just plain rude and

insensitive. Even people who are physically well can get emotionally distraught

over the traumatic injury of their child and from that be incapable of

functioning.

>

> Dyann,

>

> My thoughts are with you and your family. It is amazing what children will

> do and hopefully his interest in electrical cords has been satisfied. Hey,

> maybe that will be his future career. You never know.

>

> As for the nurse and her comment, she would have information on the patient,

> your son, and not on your situation (unless you had already informed the

> staff). I hope you were able to calmly inform her of your situation and that

> she was then more helpful to you and your family. It does hurt when these

> comments are made, but when you look at the situation from their point of

> view, unless it is obvious that there is a serious condition, most people

> will be judge as capable, normal human beings/parents. Also, that nurse may

> have had a very trying shift, herself, and was exhausted, which leads to

> further miscommunications.

>

> Take care of yourself, and let others know of your situation. You need to

> take care of yourself so that you can look after your son, both emotionally

> and physically.

>

> Llweyn

>

>

>

> Hello All,

> Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord.

> He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a

> half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn

> Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance

> ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on

> the back.

>

> husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone

> up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, " Mom

> doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper " ... she didn't know I had

> pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of

> Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point.

>

> wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will

> discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight

> deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have

> suffered any electric shock damage.

>

> The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told

> this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.

> greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a

> little prayer too.

> ,

> Dyann

>

> .

>

> <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=15709830/grpspId=1705094709/msgI

> d=27225/stime=1249493080/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

>

Guest guest

Dyann,

My prayers are with you and your family. I had a bad experience with a nurse when my son was about 1 yr. old, the nurse on duty was very insensitive to my feelings.

Noah sounds like a real trouper.

Deronda

Michigan

From: dyanndiamond <dyanndiamond@...>Subject: [ ] When it rains, it pours Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 5:24 PM

Hello All,This is proving to be a rough year for the Diamonds.Monday our youngest, Noah, decided to bite through a live electrical cord. He has a third degree burn on the corner of his mouth about the size of a half dollar. Children's Hospital in Atlanta rushed us to the Augusta Burn Unit where he under went his first surgery. Noah enjoyed his first ambulance ride. Mommy was not so thrilled. Two and a half hours was pretty rough on the back.It was a rough night sharing a single bed in the hospital room with my husband. The nurse kept walking in every hour to do vitals, waking everyone up. I almost lost it when I overheard the nurse tell another nurse, "Mom doesn't want to get up and change a poopy diaper"... she didn't know I had pushed past my physical limit 5 hours back. Luckily I had popped couple of Lortab and was feeling much kinder than I might have at that point. Noah is not in any pain, but the area looks pretty

awful. They are going to wait 4 to 6 weeks while the skin continues to die and fall off then we will discuss plastic reconstructive surgery. He will always carry a slight deformity. We won't know how bad for many weeks. He doesn't seem to have suffered any electric shock damage.The irony is, the cord was plugged into a child safe outlet. We were told this is actually a common injury and it could have been much worse.So any prayers you can say for Mr. Sparky (Noah's new nick name) would be greatly appreciated. And if you have the energy, mom and dad could use a little prayer too.,Dyann