Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Mari,

My guess is that the chocolate triggered your relapse. It is loaded with sugar,

not to mention caffeine and God knows what else they may have put in it (like

corn syrup).

A person with your bowel condition MUST have zero-tolerance for food and drink

that is likely to cause problems.

May I suggest you read a book called, " The New Eating Right for a Bad Gut. " It

is available from Amazon.com through this link:

http://tinyurl.com/2y92c3

To settle your GI tract, you might try some Chamomile tea and a heating pad on

your abdomen.

Best regards,

Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

[low dose naltrexone] Flaring on LDN - what should I do?

Hello everyone,

I've been on LDN since November 29th for colitis, and since then I

have gotten better every day, until I experienced almost no symptoms.

But yesterday, suddenly my stomach turned bad, and today it's even

worse - I'm even seeing traces of blood again. Why is this happening?

I'm so scared that it means the LDN is not working for me, that's

about the worst thing that could happen.

Anyway, I have three theories so far:

1. I mix my own liquid LDN. I just made a new one three or four days

ago. Could I have done something wrong with it? Like used to hot

water? Or could something else go wrong? I'm making new today, just

in case, but I hardly think this is it, as I am very careful mixing

it.

2. Two days ago I was stupid enough to eat two pieces of chocolate. I

have been very careful to aviod sugar, but I was so tempted by them,

and I thought since I was feeling so well it would be ok.

3. I usually get worse when I am ovulating, which should be about

now. But I hardly think it should make me that bad?

Now, I really don't know what to do or think about this. Does anyone

here have any experiences or theories? I will of course contiune

taking my LDN tonight. But this really scares me, I must say, because

now I've found my miracle drug and I was looking forward beeing well

forever...

-Mari

Just keep on taking the LDN. I have had a similar episode and so have

other people with Crohn's. I do not have an explanation for it other

than it may be part of the healing process.

When your body is tossing bad bacteria or something else that does not

belong, it will give you loose stool or worse.

It should clear up in a short time. Sugar is not going to help he

process. If you want to help the healing process take some enteric

coated Fish Oil and/or some Turmeric.

I would wait and see how it goes the next few days. Getting better

rarely goes in a strait line.

D Bergy

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I've been on LDN since November 29th for colitis, and since then I

> have gotten better every day, until I experienced almost no symptoms.

> But yesterday, suddenly my stomach turned bad, and today it's even

> worse - I'm even seeing traces of blood again. Why is this happening?

> I'm so scared that it means the LDN is not working for me, that's

> about the worst thing that could happen.

> Anyway, I have three theories so far:

>

> 1. I mix my own liquid LDN. I just made a new one three or four days

> ago. Could I have done something wrong with it? Like used to hot

> water? Or could something else go wrong? I'm making new today, just

> in case, but I hardly think this is it, as I am very careful mixing

> it.

>

> 2. Two days ago I was stupid enough to eat two pieces of chocolate. I

> have been very careful to aviod sugar, but I was so tempted by them,

> and I thought since I was feeling so well it would be ok.

>

> 3. I usually get worse when I am ovulating, which should be about

> now. But I hardly think it should make me that bad?

>

> Now, I really don't know what to do or think about this. Does anyone

> here have any experiences or theories? I will of course contiune

> taking my LDN tonight. But this really scares me, I must say, because

> now I've found my miracle drug and I was looking forward beeing well

> forever...

>

> -Mari

>

That is excellent advice.

I would also look into glutamine powder.

Be sure to take on an empty stomach -

1 hour before -

or 2 hours after -

any food.

Hope you are feeling better,

Alana

>>>> If you want to help the healing process take some enteric

> coated Fish Oil and/or some Turmeric.

Mari,

As an emergency measure,

you could temporarily eliminate ALL carbohydrates -

just for a few weeks.

Only do this after talking with your Doctor!

Everybody is very different -

I am just sharing an emergency measure that has worked for me in the

past.

Alana

Thank you all for your good advise and encouragment. I won't ever get

tempted to eat chocolate again, it will never ever be worth it! It's

also good to hear that this has happened to others before.

Anyway, I got an " emergency-appointment " with my brilliant

reflexologist, who can actually see right through people, and she also

found an emotional component to the flare. And I do feel a lot better

now after the treatment she gave me, so I have decided to just eat

safer, take my LDN and see what happens. Hopefully the whole thing will

blow away.

But I have to say it's really good to have a place like this with

people that experience similar things. It makes me feel a lot safer and

less alone in my experiment - so thank you!

-Mari

Chocolate has been giving me exacerbations since the 70s... we just thought they were 'strange allergic reactions'... strange alright, none like anyone I knew ever got from it.

I keep testing LDN by doing chocolate 'trials' here and there. Still triggers SX, just so far hasn't triggered a full blown attack. If anything CAN, even on LDN, I'd think chocolate/cocoa can.

I'm actually SICK, like this, for the first time I can recall... someone was coughing the supermarket on Saturday and when I got home my throat was feeling sore. By last night I had the chills, muscle cramping while sleeping, and 99.4 temp (considering I'm usually 96.5-97.5, 99 is high. But I feel the body working hard to fix me up. I'm thinking it'll all be gone by Wed. I've had enough already.

Ya get used to never having sick days any more.

[low dose naltrexone] Re: Flaring on LDN - what should I do?

Thank you all for your good advise and encouragment. I won't ever get tempted to eat chocolate again, it will never ever be worth it! It's also good to hear that this has happened to others before.Anyway, I got an "emergency-appointment" with my brilliant reflexologist, who can actually see right through people, and she also found an emotional component to the flare. And I do feel a lot better now after the treatment she gave me, so I have decided to just eat safer, take my LDN and see what happens. Hopefully the whole thing will blow away.But I have to say it's really good to have a place like this with people that experience similar things. It makes me feel a lot safer and less alone in my experiment - so thank you!-Mari

I have Crohns and have been on LDN since 10/06. It does work but is not a cure-all. I've had several flare ups during this time, but I stuck with the LDN and somehow got back to normal. I may have one bad month and three good months, etc. Stick with it. Vickysvenbaldrew <svenbaldrew@...> wrote: Hello everyone, I've been on LDN since November 29th for colitis, and since then I have gotten better every day, until I experienced almost no symptoms. But yesterday, suddenly my

stomach turned bad, and today it's even worse - I'm even seeing traces of blood again. Why is this happening? I'm so scared that it means the LDN is not working for me, that's about the worst thing that could happen.Anyway, I have three theories so far:1. I mix my own liquid LDN. I just made a new one three or four days ago. Could I have done something wrong with it? Like used to hot water? Or could something else go wrong? I'm making new today, just in case, but I hardly think this is it, as I am very careful mixing it.2. Two days ago I was stupid enough to eat two pieces of chocolate. I have been very careful to aviod sugar, but I was so tempted by them, and I thought since I was feeling so well it would be ok.3. I usually get worse when I am ovulating, which should be about now. But I hardly think it should make me that bad? Now, I really don't know what to do or think about this. Does anyone

here have any experiences or theories? I will of course contiune taking my LDN tonight. But this really scares me, I must say, because now I've found my miracle drug and I was looking forward beeing well forever...-Mari

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi ,

I just wonder, are you on any diet, do you eat chocolate etc?

I have Crohn's too, could be interesting to know how other Crohnies

do.

With all my best Ingrid

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Flaring on LDN - what should I do?

I have Crohns and have been on LDN since 10/06. It does work but is not a cure-all. I've had several flare ups during this time, but I stuck with the LDN and somehow got back to normal. I may have one bad month and three good months, etc. Stick with it.

Vickysvenbaldrew <svenbaldrew@...> wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been on LDN since November 29th for colitis, and since then I have gotten better every day, until I experienced almost no symptoms. But yesterday, suddenly my stomach turned bad, and today it's even worse - I'm even seeing traces of blood again. Why is this happening? I'm so scared that it means the LDN is not working for me, that's about the worst thing that could happen.Anyway, I have three theories so far:1. I mix my own liquid LDN. I just made a new one three or four days ago. Could I have done something wrong with it? Like used to hot water? Or could something else go wrong? I'm making new today, just in case, but I hardly think this is it, as I am very careful mixing it.2. Two days ago I was stupid enough to eat two pieces of chocolate. I have been very careful to aviod sugar, but I was so tempted by them, and I thought since I was feeling so well it

would be ok.3. I usually get worse when I am ovulating, which should be about now. But I hardly think it should make me that bad? Now, I really don't know what to do or think about this. Does anyone here have any experiences or theories? I will of course contiune taking my LDN tonight. But this really scares me, I must say, because now I've found my miracle drug and I was looking forward beeing well forever...-Mari

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

As a matter of fact, I made chocolate and peanut butter fudge yesterday. I do try to stay away from sweets tho. I am eating just about everything else now, but when I'm in a flare, I have to cut out all fruit and veggies...no fiber, really just protein. Hope you're well. VickyGunn Dybfest <gunn.ingrid@...> wrote: Hi , I just wonder, are you on any diet, do you

eat chocolate etc? I have Crohn's too, could be interesting to know how other Crohnies do. With all my best Ingrid Re: [low dose naltrexone] Flaring on LDN - what should I do? I have Crohns and have been on LDN since 10/06. It does work but is not a cure-all. I've had several flare ups during this time, but I stuck with the LDN and somehow got back to normal. I may have one bad month and three good months, etc. Stick with it. Vickysvenbaldrew <svenbaldrew > wrote: Hello everyone, I've been on LDN since November 29th for colitis, and since then I have gotten better every day, until I experienced almost no symptoms. But yesterday, suddenly my stomach turned bad, and today it's even worse - I'm even seeing traces of blood again. Why is this happening? I'm so scared that it means the LDN is not working for me, that's about the worst thing that could happen.Anyway, I have three theories so far:1. I mix my own liquid LDN. I just made a new one three or four days ago. Could I have done something wrong with it? Like used to hot water? Or could something else go wrong? I'm making new today, just in case, but I hardly think this is it, as I am very careful mixing it.2. Two days ago I was stupid

enough to eat two pieces of chocolate. I have been very careful to aviod sugar, but I was so tempted by them, and I thought since I was feeling so well it would be ok.3. I usually get worse when I am ovulating, which should be about now. But I hardly think it should make me that bad? Now, I really don't know what to do or think about this. Does anyone here have any experiences or theories? I will of course contiune taking my LDN tonight. But this really scares me, I must say, because now I've found my miracle drug and I was looking forward beeing well forever...-Mari Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for

last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.