There is more to treating MS than just taking LDN. To learn more, visit

http://tinyurl.com/grpm9

With best wishes,

Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

[low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptoms

Hi all

I knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms

spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.

The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will

ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.

Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually

improved BUT

a few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.

I have been on 3mg less than a week.

I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and

some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this

feeling!!!!!!

Maybe I'm just tired????

Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?

Thanks in advance.

Sal

Has anyone heard of or tried PROCARIN? A friend of mine mine just told me about it but I don't know anyone that's tried it.

thanks, Miki

Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptoms

Hi Sal,Typically, taking LDN initially makes MS worse instead of better. I would suggest trying to stick it out, though, because things should improve significantly for you in time.This site discusses the side effects most commonly associated with MS and gives suggestions on how to deal with some of them:http://tinyurl.com/yosnk5There is more to treating MS than just taking LDN. To learn more, visithttp://tinyurl.com/grpm9With best wishes,Dudley Delanydudley_delany-----Original Message-----From: angelauztazSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:05 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptomsHi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal

Hi Miki,This site has information and links regarding the Prokarin Patch:http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/elaine-delack.htmlBest regards,Dudley Delany

dudley_delanyFrom: Miki Kalkus

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:44 AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN symptoms

Has anyone heard of or tried PROCARIN? A friend of mine mine just told me about it but I don't know anyone that's tried it.

thanks, Miki

Hi Sal,Typically, taking LDN initially makes MS worse instead of better. I would suggest trying to stick it out, though, because things should improve significantly for you in time.This site discusses the side effects most commonly associated with MS and gives suggestions on how to deal with some of them:http://tinyurl.com/yosnk5There is more to treating MS than just taking LDN. To learn more, visithttp://tinyurl.com/grpm9With best wishes,Dudley Delanydudley_delany-----Original Message-----From: angelauztazSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:05 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptomsHi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal

Hi Sal

If its of any help I have similiar issues.I am on ldn now five months.I emailed the group and have learned that I'm probably tired after xmas.So I must watch my diet and get more rest.

Clare (Cork City Ireland)

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 09/01/2008 10:16

I tried it for three months. It is difficult to get a prescription, not stable (requires a temperature that's just so), difficult to figure out how much is enough, and it's very expensive. I think that the caffeine may have helped with the fatigue but that was the only benefit. Not worth the effort. Ask Dr. Skip about it.Miki Kalkus <m.kalkus@...> wrote: Has anyone heard of or tried PROCARIN? A friend of mine mine just told me about it but I don't know anyone that's tried it. thanks, Miki Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptoms Hi Sal,Typically, taking LDN initially makes MS worse instead of better. I would suggest trying to

stick it out, though, because things should improve significantly for you in time.This site discusses the side effects most commonly associated with MS and gives suggestions on how to deal with some of them:http://tinyurl.com/yosnk5There is more to treating MS than just taking LDN. To learn more, visithttp://tinyurl.com/grpm9With best wishes,Dudley Delanydudley_delany-----Original Message-----From: angelauztazSent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:05 AMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptomsHi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was

on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal

Sal,

I would stick it out if I were you. I've been on LDN since Oct 2006 (about a year and 3 months now) and I've had old symptoms appear and then go away. Someone here has said that they seem to come in reverse order from the way they initially appeared. That seems to be true for me too. When they come back, they don't seem to be as severe as they were the first time and they only last a few days or maybe a week, and then go away.

Also, the amount of sleep I get and if it's restful sleep or not, my stress level, the weather, my diet, overdoing it or getting too much exercise, and "that time of the month" all seem to have an impact.

Since you just went up to 3mg, your body is probably adjusting. My advice would be to stay on it and take good care of yourself (sleep, diet, stress, some exercise, etc) and see what happens. I bet it will be worth it to stay on it.

Good luck!

Patty

In a message dated 1/10/2008 5:05:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, angelauztaz@... writes:

Hi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sal,

This is definitely something we see. You should look at it as temporary and that LDN is working. It gets rough sometimes before it gets better.

My best

Aletha

Hi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal

I've been on ldn since 8/1/07. For the last two weeks I've had increase in neuropathy and stiffness and difficulty sleeping. I see that ldn can cause increase in symptoms, but after five months? I feel a little discouraged. I take supplements, D3, B--12. I'm working hard on cleaning up my diet. Any suggestions? Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply,Speak kindly, Leave the rest to God

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

You might look ar Marshall protocl.com. Many people with these ailments ,might

have a D-125 disfuction. and supplement D might cause continual problems. You

can be tested for D-metabolites..but,I had it and got off of D and stayed out of

the sun for 6 months. Did the protocol and everything resolved. You might just

try stopping all input of D. I use only organic half/half. they do not add

anthing. if you look at any milf and A vitamin value is over 4%,they add D3.

The disfuction of D will overcime any benefit of LDN.

Sent: Thu 1/10/2008 10:05 AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN & symptoms

I've been on ldn since 8/1/07. For the last two weeks I've had increase in

neuropathy and stiffness and difficulty sleeping. I see that ldn can cause

increase in symptoms, but after five months? I feel a little discouraged. I take

supplements, D3, B--12. I'm working hard on cleaning up my diet. Any

suggestions?

Live simply, Love generously,

Care deeply,Speak kindly,

Leave the rest to God

<http://us.rd./evt=51438/*http://www./r/hs>

Imagine if you will, you're sitting in a bunker, at a computer screen, and there's a MAP of your immediate vicinity outside. You're the Medic in a region warring.

The computer is running radar and every time it senses an explosion, it notes the coordinates. Suddenly, the war is over and you're sent out to the streets to assess the situation. You have the printout of Every explosion that Ever took place, since the start. Your concern isn't the dead, but finding the live ones.

It makes the most sense to go through all the explosion sites, one by one, very carefully, and IN REVERSE order. The most recent spots give the best chance of finding wounded alive enough to heal.

So you go to each spot and every time you find a potential, you turn him over and see if there's anything you can do. If you can do something, you do what you can. And then move on. If there's nothing you can do, you just turn him over face down again, and then move on.

You work your way back through each location repeating the same thing. You may find some half way through that are in fairly good shape, just waiting for a medic to come along.

The Body seems to have a Medical Memory of EVERYTHING that's gone on, and when the War is Over, and LDN is sent in Daily, without error, it will start going through all the dead looking for signs of life.

IF you panic and stop the LDN, you start up the war again. If you try to interfere, thinking you, or your docs KNOW Better, you interrupt the process. If you panic too much, you've opened up an old wound, stop the ONLY thing that may help, and then have a weakened immune system battling old foes that it lost to previously.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Hi allI knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually improved BUTa few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.I have been on 3mg less than a week.I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this feeling!!!!!!Maybe I'm just tired????Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?Thanks in advance.Sal

Hi vic a,There are lots of things besides LDN that can cause a worsening of MS symptoms, such as dietary indiscretions, stress, lack of sleep, overwork, etc.For more information about treating MS, visithttp://tinyurl.com/grpm9Best regards,Dudley Delany

dudley_delanyFrom: vic a.

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:05 PM

low dose naltrexone

I've been on ldn since 8/1/07. For the last two weeks I've had increase in neuropathy and stiffness and difficulty sleeping. I see that ldn can cause increase in symptoms, but after five months? I feel a little discouraged. I take supplements, D3, B--12. I'm working hard on cleaning up my diet. Any suggestions? Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply,Speak kindly, Leave the rest to God

Well, we are Breathing humans, we still get Other people's Exhales full of germs. If you're in Winter, you may be reacting to the cold.

I used the Comparison method for the last nearly 5 years.

My Worst days on LDN were consistently Better than my Best days in the 4 or so years prior to starting.

In addition that, yes, LDN doesn't have a calendar.

I had major changes at 3 months and then again 7 months, suddenly, overnight.

I just got 'sick' for the first time since 2003. I tracked the progress and knew it was just another LDN test.

all added to http://www.larrygc.com/mystory and http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=362 & st=20 & start=20

All I take with my LDN is B1 - 100 MG because I found it helps GREATLY with my legs. Didn't realize it until I stopped taking it after 2 years and my legs got stiffer.

I've been on ldn since 8/1/07. For the last two weeks I've had increase in neuropathy and stiffness and difficulty sleeping. I see that ldn can cause increase in symptoms, but after five months? I feel a little discouraged. I take supplements, D3, B--12. I'm working hard on cleaning up my diet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the info on Procarin, Dudley!

I don't think I want to try something new right now. I also have been feeling worse for about 2 weeks. Coincides with going up to 3.25 2 weeks ago. I feel real stiff and have problems walking. I use crutches mostly due to my lack of balance but friends have noticed that I walk worse than before- on the other hand I feel better overall, less fatigued and eating much better since I started on LDN on Nov 2, 2007. I hope this stiffness will go away so I can go up to 3.5 in a month as the neurologist suggested.

I am hopeful!

best rgds, Miki

Hi vic a,There are lots of things besides LDN that can cause a worsening of MS symptoms, such as dietary indiscretions, stress, lack of sleep, overwork, etc.For more information about treating MS, visithttp://tinyurl.com/grpm9Best regards,Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

From: vic a.Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:05 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN symptoms

I've been on ldn since 8/1/07. For the last two weeks I've had increase in neuropathy and stiffness and difficulty sleeping. I see that ldn can cause increase in symptoms, but after five months? I feel a little discouraged. I take supplements, D3, B--12. I'm working hard on cleaning up my diet. Any suggestions?

Leave the rest to God

good analogy Kristie

Hi Miki,For information about the side effects commonly associated with LDN and suggestions for dealing with them, visithttp://tinyurl.com/yosnk5Best regards,Dudley

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:53 PM

low dose naltrexone

Thanks for the info on Procarin, Dudley!

I don't think I want to try something new right now. I also have been feeling worse for about 2 weeks. Coincides with going up to 3.25 2 weeks ago. I feel real stiff and have problems walking. I use crutches mostly due to my lack of balance but friends have noticed that I walk worse than before- on the other hand I feel better overall, less fatigued and eating much better since I started on LDN on Nov 2, 2007. I hope this stiffness will go away so I can go up to 3.5 in a month as the neurologist suggested.

I am hopeful!

best rgds, Miki

dudley_delany

From: vic a.Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:05 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] MS, LDN symptoms

Leave the rest to God

I had an initial increase of symptoms which was really scary since I didn't really have symptoms with my MS anyway, but after about 3 months, it all disappeared. I started to get an ache in my hand over the holidays, but once I stopped the sugar and fat(holiday eating), it went away. In general, my energy is wonderful now with no side effects. I started and have been on 4.5mg. dx ms, june 2005

Yep.....nice

analogy Larry...

Kelli

LarryGC [mailto:larrygc@...]

Sent: Friday, 11 January 2008 7:25

AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone]

MS, LDN & symptoms

Imagine if you will, you're sitting in a bunker, at a

computer screen, and there's a MAP of your immediate vicinity outside.

You're the Medic in a region warring.

The computer is running radar and every time it senses an

explosion, it notes the coordinates. Suddenly, the war is over and you're

sent out to the streets to assess the situation. You have the printout of

Every explosion that Ever took place, since the start. Your concern isn't

the dead, but finding the live ones.

It makes the most sense to go through all the explosion

sites, one by one, very carefully, and IN REVERSE order. The most recent

spots give the best chance of finding wounded alive enough to heal.

So you go to each spot and every time you find a potential,

you turn him over and see if there's anything you can do. If you can do

something, you do what you can. And then move on. If there's

nothing you can do, you just turn him over face down again, and then move on.

You work your way back through each location repeating the

same thing. You may find some half way through that are in fairly good

shape, just waiting for a medic to come along.

The Body seems to have a Medical Memory of EVERYTHING that's

gone on, and when the War is Over, and LDN is sent in Daily, without error, it

will start going through all the dead looking for signs of life.

IF you panic and stop the LDN, you start up the war

again. If you try to interfere, thinking you, or your docs KNOW Better,

you interrupt the process. If you panic too much, you've opened up an old

wound, stop the ONLY thing that may help, and then have a weakened immune

system battling old foes that it lost to previously.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Hi all

I knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms

spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.

The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that will

ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.

Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually

improved BUT

a few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.

I have been on 3mg less than a week.

I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain and

some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate this

feeling!!!!!!

Maybe I'm just tired????

Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?

Thanks in advance.

Sal

Thanks heaps to you all who replied to my post.

It really does help to have input from you all.

I'm sticking it out on the 3mg.

Even with a 'flare' of symptoms I do have much more energy.

Up at 6am, fed " babies " (I'm a wildlife carer and have 4 possums and

about 30 injured or orphaned birds in care right now)

Cleaned house, did laundry, took daughter to work, cooked dinner for

grandkids, took grandkids shopping for their dad's birthday, baked

birthday cake and decorated it, now cooking dinner for 5 adults.

Oh and yes hand feeding the 'babies', giving the possums bottles.

I have to admit I'm totally beat but could not have done all that

before LDN.

Sal

>

> Hi all

> I knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms

> spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.

> The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that

will

> ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.

> Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually

> improved BUT

> a few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.

> I have been on 3mg less than a week.

> I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain

and

> some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate

this

> feeling!!!!!!

> Maybe I'm just tired????

>

>

> Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?

>

> Thanks in advance.

> Sal

>

This is my case too and I had come in touch with some weeks ago. I have no symptoms with my MS. When I started LDN, some mild old symptoms came again (numbness at my knees and stiff legs when I get up). It was a bit scary, but I insisted. Fifteen days after, stiffness disappeared within 3-4 days. Numbness became more and more mild till it disappeared within 20 days. Now I am on my 40th day with LDN and I am symptom-free.

Best wishes

Katerina

[low dose naltrexone] Re: MS, LDN & symptoms

I had an initial increase of symptoms which was really scary since I didn't really have symptoms with my MS anyway, but after about 3 months, it all disappeared. I started to get an ache in my hand over the holidays, but once I stopped the sugar and fat(holiday eating), it went away. In general, my energy is wonderful now with no side effects.

I started and have been on 4.5mg.

dx ms, june 2005

Sounds like your immune system is trying to overcome something. May I

add,,,,,You are very high risk for lyme,with your work. Need to get

tested,Igenex. LDN will not cure lyme,it is a mean pathogen, God Bless

Sent: Fri 1/11/2008 12:07 AM

low dose naltrexone

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: MS, LDN & symptoms

Thanks heaps to you all who replied to my post.

It really does help to have input from you all.

I'm sticking it out on the 3mg.

Even with a 'flare' of symptoms I do have much more energy.

Up at 6am, fed " babies " (I'm a wildlife carer and have 4 possums and

about 30 injured or orphaned birds in care right now)

Cleaned house, did laundry, took daughter to work, cooked dinner for

grandkids, took grandkids shopping for their dad's birthday, baked

birthday cake and decorated it, now cooking dinner for 5 adults.

Oh and yes hand feeding the 'babies', giving the possums bottles.

I have to admit I'm totally beat but could not have done all that

before LDN.

Sal

>

> Hi all

> I knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS symptoms

> spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.

> The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that

will

> ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.

> Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually

> improved BUT

> a few others have cropped up that I had during the last major flare.

> I have been on 3mg less than a week.

> I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues, pain

and

> some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate

this

> feeling!!!!!!

> Maybe I'm just tired????

>

>

> Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?

>

> Thanks in advance.

> Sal

>

Thanks for your reply.

Lymes is not an issue is Australia and I have not visited any country

where there is Lymes. I have had MS over 20 years. Have always

refused the CRAB drugs.

God Bless

Sal

> >

> > Hi all

> > I knew when I started 3mg LDN that I may have some old MS

symptoms

> > spring up and they have. I was on 1.5mg for a month.

> > The sleep disturbances are not bothering me because I know that

> will

> > ease off. It eased off after a week on 1.5mg.

> > Some of my symptoms as bladder urgency and numbness have actually

> > improved BUT

> > a few others have cropped up that I had during the last major

flare.

> > I have been on 3mg less than a week.

> > I have tremors (internal as well as external), muscle issues,

pain

> and

> > some other stuff that I have not had for a long long time. I hate

> this

> > feeling!!!!!!

> > Maybe I'm just tired????

> >

> >

> > Should I go back to 1.5mg or stick it out?

> >

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Sal

> >

>

I have seen it argued that Lyme is not a non-issue here in Australia.

Unlikely yes, impossible no.

angelauztaz wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.

> Lymes is not an issue is Australia and I have not visited any country

> where there is Lymes. I have had MS over 20 years. Have always

> refused the CRAB drugs.

>

> God Bless

>

> Sal