hth

Ronni

(http://www.glittermaker.com/)

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

hi i am shell

both my autistic children only sleep for around 3 hours a night one walks round

the house touching

everything and the other watches tv flapping.

Its because many asd kids dont have enough melatonin in there body

there brain does not tell them they are tired.

love shell

kind regards shell

http://groups.msn.com/autismaspergersinthefamily

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it

now.

http://uk.answers./

Guest guest

My daighter has sleep issues as well we talked to her physc dr he put her on trazadone it does help her sleep . however its another drug and she hates taking it.malmort01@... wrote: I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him

sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group. Malinda

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Guest guest

I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We took most of the toys out of our son's room, and have struggled with putting him physically back in bed over and over and over...to the point where mom & dad were sleep deprived and he wasn't....so after talking to his pediatrician, we made his bedtime later (instead of 7:30 its now 10 pm) he takes his bath, brushes teeth and puts pjs on by 8:30 (its still light out at that time which made it even harder for him to go to sleep) and he can play quietly, watch a movie or read until bedtime. It has helped him fall asleep a lot faster than struggling to go to bed earlier and everyone getting angry. His ped thinks that he might not need 11 hours of sleep at night, because he functions just great on 7-8. Just a thought-check with your ped about it.malmort01@... wrote: I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his

6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group. Malinda

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

My almost 6 yr old HFA daughter was the same way. I just started giving her melatonin( get it from the health food store) and let me tell you it is a MIRACLE. It is natural but talk to your doctor first. My daughter has had a sleeping issue since birth and I am sooo pleased with melatonin that I could just do a dance! Get the dosage from your doctor. Hopefully it will work for you too! Good luck! Heidimalmort01@... wrote: I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group. Malinda

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

My son has never been able to get to sleep easily. Never. He's 11 now and maybe because of the Respirdal he started taking a couple months ago or maybe because of him "getting older".....he's actually asleep by about 11 each night now. He never slept in the car as a baby. Never "dozed". We fought it for years.......breaks my heart the days/weeks, etc, that we told him to "just lay down" and yelled at times, too to get him to "GO TO SLEEP". We finally just gave up. Things got better once we just let it be. He could ALWAYS get to sleep if he's in our bed,,,,,,but he didn't always want to be in our bed. Now,,,,,he snuggles up on the couch with the cushions all around and watched some tv,,,then shuts it off on his own about 1030 and goes right to sleep. I wonder if because the pressure is off to "GET TO SLEEP" ,,,,,it's easier for him. Sorry about the

book. Good luck. Robinmalmort01@... wrote: I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his

brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group. Malinda

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

>

> I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son

to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that

he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I

know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping

all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall

a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does

not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the

same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have

his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about.

>

> Thanks for letting me join this great group.

>

> Malinda

>

Hello Malinda;

My son and myself do the same thing. We cannot shutdown too easily.

Some say it is a night person/people thing but it is not. What

happens is this type of mind is always running on full speed like a

car with no brakes it just does not stop. I find that the

surroundings help exacerbate or help alleviate the problem. I

conditioned myself to listen to soft music, new age , classical and

when that does not help I try sitting on my massage chair which does

wonders. I sometimes offer massages to my son and it helps him. Last

but not least you can try aromatherapy. I find that Jasmine and

lavender has a soothing affect. Also painting your kids room a

soothing color (cooler colors) such as earth tones, are beneficial.

I have done all of these and it has made a tremendous positive

impact on not just us but my whole family!! Even the ones who do not

have Asperger's.

P.S. reduce clutter A+

Hope to have been helpful.

Guest guest

We had exactly the same problem with our son. I ditto the comment about Melatonin. It worked wonders for us...initially...then it seemed to lose its effectiveness.

We finally made permanent progress after I attended a local conference and heard a speaker talk about sleep problems for people with ASD. Here's what he said:

No TV, computer, radio or anything stimulating two hours before bedtime. Classical music is OK.

No showers two hours before bedtime. Although they feel good, showers are stimulating. Baths are calming and can help get the body ready for sleep.

No reading of anything exciting and stimulating two hours before bedtime. I think you get the idea...

Dim light or lights out at bedtime.

No reading in bed...EVER. Bed is for sleeping only.

He also suggested the following program:

Determine what time your child goes to sleep naturally. Let's say it is 11pm.

Have the child stay up 30 minutes beyond this time. They must stay up in a dimly lighted room reading (something calm) or doing some other calm activity. So, in our example, the child would go to sleep at 11:30pm. If they are still awake after 30 minutes or so, have them get out of bed and read in a dimly lit room for a short time and then try again.

Once the child is falling asleep easily at 11:30pm for two nights, move the bed time to 11:15pm.

You keep up this pattern of moving the bedtime by 15 minutes until you get to the desired bedtime.

This worked for us. Our son still goes to bed easily at a reasonable bedtime, 9 months later. I hope this helps. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Good luck,

Natasha

Guest guest

Ditto, Robin. 10 yo Conner has NEVER been able to sleep at night

either. With Seroquel and Risperdal he is usually finally out by 11

PM, although as your son, not always in his bed, often the sofa as

well. We gave up the battle too, and seems to of taken a bit of

stress off the whole problem.

Kim

Conner, 10yo AS/ADD/BP ?? , Seroquel, Risperdal

Guest guest

me too... my kids sleep in shifts. One is on the day shift and one the night shift ...I figure they are good kids and I know where they are 24/7. HERE... so if they can get along better and take turns playing the computer that way, then so be it... I have other more important issues to worry about!

Toni

Re: ( ) Sleep issues

Ditto, Robin. 10 yo Conner has NEVER been able to sleep at night either. With Seroquel and Risperdal he is usually finally out by 11 PM, although as your son, not always in his bed, often the sofa as well. We gave up the battle too, and seems to of taken a bit of stress off the whole problem. KimConner, 10yo AS/ADD/BP ?? , Seroquel, Risperdal

Guest guest

These are all great suggestions... some of which I learned about when I

participated in a Sleep study the Local Children's Hospital was doing

with Autistic Spectrum kids. Another good thing is to provide LIGHT in

the morning and then close the blinds/darken the room in the evening.

Avoid exercise in the afternoon, also no caffiene!! A good bed time

routine will also help most children.

On the reading thing... it was suggested to read a book that has

already been ready so your child wont' be stimulating trying to figure

out whats gonna happen next!

Jackie

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:25 PM, nchomas wrote:

>

> We had exactly the same problem with our son.  I ditto the comment

> about Melatonin.  It worked wonders for us...initially...then it

> seemed to lose its effectiveness.

>

> We finally made permanent progress after I attended a local conference

> and heard a speaker talk about sleep problems for people with ASD. 

> Here's what he said:

> 1 No TV, computer, radio or anything stimulating two hours before

> bedtime.  Classical music is OK.

> 2 No showers two hours before bedtime.  Although they feel good,

> showers are stimulating.  Baths are calming and can help get the body

> ready for sleep.

> 3 No reading of anything exciting and stimulating two hours before

> bedtime.  I think you get the idea...

> 4 Dim light or lights out at bedtime.

> 5 No reading in bed...EVER.  Bed is for sleeping only.

>

> He also suggested the following program:

> • Determine what time your child goes to sleep naturally.  Let's say

> it is 11pm.

> • Have the child stay up 30 minutes beyond this time.  They must

> stay up in a dimly lighted room reading (something calm) or doing some

> other calm activity.  So, in our example, the child would go to sleep

> at 11:30pm.  If they are still awake after 30 minutes or so, have them

> get out of bed and read in a dimly lit room for a short time and then

> try again.

> • Once the child is falling asleep easily at 11:30pm for two nights,

> move the bed time to 11:15pm.

> • You keep up this pattern of moving the bedtime by 15 minutes until

> you get to the desired bedtime.

>

> This worked for us.  Our son still goes to bed easily at a reasonable

> bedtime, 9 months later.  I hope this helps.  If you need any more

> information, please let me know.

>

> Good luck,

>

> Natasha

>

Guest guest

Malinda-

I don't have an answer for you as my 8 year old daughter was just diagnosed with

Asperbers.....but I can say that she is the exact same way as your son. She

tells me, " Mom, I'm just not tired. " She has always been this way. Up until

diagnosis, we just thought that was just her and we still stick to our regular

bedtime and bedtime routine and she just tries her best to get herself to the

point where she is ready to let go of her day and drift off. I, too, am

wondering if this is common for our kids to have these symptoms.

Kirsten

( ) Sleep issues

I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to

sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal

brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in

his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why

he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he

just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the

same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check

up today and it is on my list to talk about.

Thanks for letting me join this great group.

Malinda

********************Confidentiality Notice********************

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom

it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential

and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use,

disclosure or distribution of this email message, including any attachment, is

prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by

reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Guest guest

Our dev. doc said the same thing about our 10 yo. He just doesn't need that much sleep. He still takes a med for sleep but we don't expect him in bed until 10-ish. Usually he is not asleep until 11 - midnight. He will be starting middle school in a few weeks and school starts really early - I am worried he will have problems with that. OTOH, it may help get him to sleep earlier, as well.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Sleep issues

I thought I was the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took most of the toys out of our son's room, and have struggled with putting him physically back in bed over and over and over...to the point where mom & dad were sleep deprived and he wasn't....so after talking to his pediatrician, we made his bedtime later (instead of 7:30 its now 10 pm) he takes his bath, brushes teeth and puts pjs on by 8:30 (its still light out at that time which made it even harder for him to go to sleep) and he can play quietly, watch a movie or read until bedtime. It has helped him fall asleep a lot faster than struggling to go to bed earlier and everyone getting angry. His ped thinks that he might not need 11 hours of sleep at night, because he functions just great on 7-8.

Just a thought-check with your ped about it.malmort01att (DOT) net wrote:

I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about.

Malinda

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

VERY COMMON. We've found that for us, it's much better to roll with it. There's obviously lights out time and quiet time, but now he's not up until 2, 3 am TRYING to sleep. We allowed him to watch tv, listen to music, do his "thing" as long as it's quiet. Taking the pressure and the "urging to sleep" off, did wonders. Robin"McClure, Kirsten" <McClure.Kirsten@...> wrote: Malinda-I don't have an answer for you as my 8 year old daughter was just diagnosed

with Asperbers.....but I can say that she is the exact same way as your son. She tells me, "Mom, I'm just not tired." She has always been this way. Up until diagnosis, we just thought that was just her and we still stick to our regular bedtime and bedtime routine and she just tries her best to get herself to the point where she is ready to let go of her day and drift off. I, too, am wondering if this is common for our kids to have these symptoms.Kirsten -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of malmort01att (DOT) netSent: Monday, July 30, 2007 7:24 AM Subject: ( ) Sleep

issuesI am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is on my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group.Malinda********************Confidentiality Notice********************This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any

unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message, including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Yes, that's what we've always done too.

( ) Sleep issues

I am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspie

son to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that he

does the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he is

up for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over his

room). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is it

that his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that much

sleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you are

dealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it is

on my list to talk about.

Malinda

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and

entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is

privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable

law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this

email message, including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are not

the intended recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and

destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers

<http://us.rd./evt=48255/*http://answers./dir/_ylc=X3o

DMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTkl

fMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list & sid=396545433> from

someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom

it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential

and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use,

disclosure or distribution of this email message, including any attachment, is

prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by

reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Guest guest

almost never sleeps, only with the help of a hormone called Melatonin,it IS a wonder drug for me,it is safe becases it is a naturally ocurring hormone in everyones bodies,However for some reason children with ASD's and Aspergers fali to make 'enough' of it,hence then they dont feel naturally tired like we do.

I am at the end of my tether, plus of course bedtime ritual is important too.However Melatonin is a drug, which i believe that you can get over the counter there, that works for my son.They also use it for jetlag too.

Hope this helps.

Fi x

Be true to yourself, it's the only person worth doing it for........... Janis Joplin.

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing'' Edmund Burke (supposedly.)

Visit my Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/fiarena

From: "McClure, Kirsten" <McClure.Kirsten@...>Reply- To: < >Subject: RE: ( ) Sleep issuesDate: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:40:02 -0500

Yes, that's what we've always done too. ( ) Sleep issuesI am new the board and am struggling with getting my HFA/Aspieson to go to sleep at night. We ask he go to bed at 8:00 prio to that hedoes the normal brush teeth, bath ect.. type of thing. But I know he isup for hours playing in his room. ( I find him sleeping all over hisroom). When I have asked him why he said he can't fall a sleep. Is itthat his brain just can't shut down or he just does not need that muchsleep?? I wonder if other kids are having the same issue and how you aredealing with this sleep issue. I have his 6yr check up today and it ison my list to talk about. Thanks for letting me join this great group.Malinda********************Confidentiality Notice********************This message is intended for the sole use of the individual andentity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that isprivileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicablelaw. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of thisemail message, including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are notthe intended recipient, please advise the sender by reply email anddestroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers<http://us.rd./evt=48255/*http://answers./dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list & sid=396545433> fromsomeone who knows. Answers - Check it out. ********************Confidentiality Notice********************This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message, including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Got a favourite clothes shop, bar or restaurant? Share your local knowledge with BackOfMyHand.com

Guest guest

I was suprised about the no reading in bed. Why is that? I find myself falling asleep everytime I read in bed!nchomas <nchomas@...> wrote: We had exactly the same problem with our son. I ditto the comment about Melatonin. It worked wonders for us...initially...then it seemed to lose its effectiveness. We finally made permanent progress after I attended a local conference and heard a speaker talk about sleep problems for people with ASD. Here's what he said: No

TV, computer, radio or anything stimulating two hours before bedtime. Classical music is OK. No showers two hours before bedtime. Although they feel good, showers are stimulating. Baths are calming and can help get the body ready for sleep. No reading of anything exciting and stimulating two hours before bedtime. I think you get the idea... Dim light or lights out at bedtime. No reading in bed...EVER. Bed is for sleeping only. He also suggested the following program: Determine what time your child goes to sleep naturally. Let's say it is 11pm. Have the child stay up 30 minutes beyond this time. They must stay up in a dimly lighted room reading (something calm) or doing some other calm activity. So, in our example, the child would go to sleep at 11:30pm. If they are still awake after 30 minutes or so, have them get out of bed and read

in a dimly lit room for a short time and then try again. Once the child is falling asleep easily at 11:30pm for two nights, move the bed time to 11:15pm. You keep up this pattern of moving the bedtime by 15 minutes until you get to the desired bedtime. This worked for us. Our son still goes to bed easily at a reasonable bedtime, 9 months later. I hope this helps. If you need any more information, please let me know. Good luck, Natasha

Guest guest

We were told that the bed needs to be associated with sleeping only.

Reading in bed gives bed another purpose. For some reason, when the

bed is only associated with sleeping, ASD kids can settle their minds

and ready their bodies for sleep. It works at our house. We put a

bean bag in our son's room and he reads there before getting in his

bed. (I'm like you...reading in bed makes me sleepy...but I don't have

an ASD.) I hope that helps.

Natasha

>

> I was suprised about the no reading in bed. Why is that? I find

myself falling asleep everytime I read in bed!

Guest guest

It's because your mind/brain has a hard time letting go and it's not a

good sleep. My doctor told me that the bed was for two things only ...

sleeping and WINK WINK!! Everything else should be done outside of the

bed and preferably outside of the bedroom.

I too read in bed and I fall asleep most of the time while I'm reading!

LOL

Jackie

On Aug 4, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Essenfeld wrote:

> I was suprised about the no reading in bed. Why is that? I find

> myself falling asleep everytime I read in bed!

>

> nchomas <nchomas@...> wrote:

>> We had exactly the same problem with our son.  I ditto the comment

>> about Melatonin.  It worked wonders for us...initially...then it

>> seemed to lose its effectiveness.

>> We finally made permanent progress after I attended a local

>> conference and heard a speaker talk about sleep problems for people

>> with ASD.  Here's what he said:

>> 1 No TV, computer, radio or anything stimulating two hours before

>> bedtime.  Classical music is OK.

>> 2 No showers two hours before bedtime.  Although they feel good,

>> showers are stimulating.  Baths are calming and can help get the body

>> ready for sleep.

>> 3 No reading of anything exciting and stimulating two hours before

>> bedtime.  I think you get the idea...

>> 4 Dim light or lights out at bedtime.

>> 5 No reading in bed...EVER.  Bed is for sleeping only.

>> He also suggested the following program:

>> • Determine what time your child goes to sleep naturally.  Let's

>> say it is 11pm.

>> • Have the child stay up 30 minutes beyond this time.  They must

>> stay up in a dimly lighted room reading (something calm) or doing

>> some other calm activity.  So, in our example, the child would go to

>> sleep at 11:30pm.  If they are still awake after 30 minutes or so,

>> have them get out of bed and read in a dimly lit room for a short

>> time and then try again.

>> • Once the child is falling asleep easily at 11:30pm for two

>> nights, move the bed time to 11:15pm.

>> • You keep up this pattern of moving the bedtime by 15 minutes

>> until you get to the desired bedtime.

>> This worked for us.  Our son still goes to bed easily at a reasonable

>> bedtime, 9 months later.  I hope this helps.  If you need any more

>> information, please let me know.

>> Good luck,

>> Natasha

>

>

Guest guest

On Apr 2, 11:38pm, Essenfeld wrote:

}

} I was suprised about the no reading in bed. Why is that? I find myself falling

asleep everytime I read in bed!

Sleep experts consider doing anything in bed other than sleeping

to be poor " sleep hygiene " -- habits which make it harder to fall asleep.

That said, I will let my son read when he's having a hard time

falling asleep and it always seems to help. *shrug*.

Willa

• 4 months later...

I thinks Dudley that has a list of things you can take for sleep- I

think I would add onto that list a very low dose like 1 mg of

melatonin sublingual will help you get through.

cyndi

• 2 weeks later...

I might be a bit confused about when to take my sleep aids & the ldn.

Doesn't the ldn block other

things & it so, how long. My sleep has been a problem. What should be taken

when.

Any ideas?

Lorna

Hi Lorna,

Take the LDN at bedtime.

A list of sleep aids and when to take them can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/yosnk5

To learn more about LDN, visit

http://tinyurl.com/2boot2

Sincerely,

Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

[low dose naltrexone] Re: sleep issues

I might be a bit confused about when to take my sleep aids & the ldn.

Doesn't the ldn block other

things & it so, how long. My sleep has been a problem. What should be taken

when.

Any ideas?

Lorna

• 3 years later...

thanks. We do the Listening Program too. I know it helps him so much to calm

down before & after school- so it makes sense to try to CD's before bed too.

Thanks- I forgot our OT said we could do that!

> >

> > Madeline goes to bed at 8 and gets up before I do...normally about 5 or 6..

She also takes remeron and melatonin. My husband and I have a system that works

for us. I stay up a bit later just to have some ME time and he goes to sleep

normally around 9ish...but gets up with Madeline around 5 or 6 and I get up a

little after that. I had the WORST time sleeping when he was deployed, because I

was terrified she would get up and get into something.

> >

> >

> >

> > Mom to my 4 girls

> > Madeline, Cayla, Arabella, & Vincenza

> > " You are the TRIP I did not take

> > You are the PEARLS I cannot buy

> > You are the blue Italian LAKE

> > YOU are my piece of foreign SKY "

> > ---Anne ----

> >

> >

> >

> > ( ) Sleep issues

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi-

> >

> > I am desperate for suggestions to help with our sleep issues. This has been

going on for so many years that I have not had a full nights sleep in over 6

years. (and I am sure I am not alone here).

> >

> > My 6 yr old son has Asperger's, but my 3 yr old does not. However- we all

suffer from my 6 yr old getting up way too early (by 5:30 or 6 am most days) and

he stalls at night when it is time to go to bed. I have tried moving bedtimes

around thinking he will sleep in but the later he goes to bed, the earlier he

gets up!

> > So- we set bedtime at 6:30. We do the same routine each night and sometimes

allow him to have a snack before bed.

> > I am just at my wits end lately. I am depressed and the lack of sleep has

negatively effected some other health issues I have. I feel like I am going to

end up in the hospital soon if I don't get some good sleep. I try to go to bed

early too- but I need some time to myself and to just get all the things done

that I couldn't do during the day when he was awake. Some days- and please

don't judge me for this- this is hard to admit... some days I fantasize about

packing up and taking my younger son with me and just leave and go somewhere

else far far away. How awful is that? I am also weaning off the

anti-depressant Effexor and it is really really awful but I need to go off it.

I am on this vicious cycle of little quality sleep at night followed by a lot of

coffee in the AM and then I crash in the afternoon and yet I can't fall asleep

or stay asleep at night.

> > Melatonin worked for me- but only the sublingual and the health food store

near me is out! So I bought the regular kind and have had terrible nightmares.

> >

> > I just don't understand why he can't sleep more. He is a totally different

kid when he gets about 12 hrs of sleep- but that rarely happens. I am so

tired... i just wish he could sleep in a little more... and settle down at night

too.

> >

>