RemedySpot.com

Re: Hpertension & LDN?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been tracking my BP most of my life, it's always been between 110-120 and 65-75 range, except in 1986 when I had 90/60 for a few weeks. I don't think I ever recall higher than 120 or 80.

I'd say it's not the LDN CAUSING it, but helping some Other drug/intake to trigger it

[low dose naltrexone] Hpertension & LDN?

Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDNand her doctor in checking her has said she is showinga rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dosebut BP is still high, and now she is thinking she hasto quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post meeverything else she is taking both prescription andnatural to see if there is somehting known to raiseBP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their bloodpressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

>

Does your patient also have thyroid issues??

I took 4.5 LDN for 19 days and I had such an immediate response in

thyroid hormone production that I believe I became overmedicated with

thyroid hormones since I was daily taking thyroid HRT.

My heart rate shot up to 91 and my blood pressure did rise some. But

I have always had a very low BP --- usually around 100/66 (ish) When

my HR went up my BP went up to 115/??.

I stopped both the LDN and the thyroid meds and my HR has come down as

well as my BP for the last two weeks I've monitoring. Last reading

was 94/66 with HR at 66.

I plan to have thyroid labs in a few weeks (six weeks after I stopped

the thyroid meds) and then will make a decision to restart the LDN.

.... perhaps at a lower dose.

Not sure if this helps.???

Jann

Hi Dr. McCandless,

I will forward to you all of the posts that I have saved under blood pressure.

My best

Aletha

Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDNand her doctor in checking her has said she is showinga rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dosebut BP is still high, and now she is thinking she hasto quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post meeverything else she is taking both prescription andnatural to see if there is somehting known to raiseBP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their bloodpressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

It looks like I have only saved 2 of them. I seemed to remember a number of people were posting that they actually had their blood pressure levels improve.

One item that we typically suggest is DLPA for depression, pain and more energy. It has a warning that it should not be taken if one has high blood pressure.

Aletha

I don’t know if this is relevant to your question since I don’t have hypertension, however I had noticed a rise from 110/70 for most of my adult life to 120/70 consistently for the past 6 months or so. Then I began LDN and have had my BP checked twice in the six weeks since I started. It was back to 110/70 both times. I noticed that and wondered if the LDN might have taken it back down.

Judy

Reply-<low dose naltrexone >

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:43:07 -0800

<low dose naltrexone >

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Hpertension & LDN?

It looks like I have only saved 2 of them. I seemed to remember a number of people were posting that they actually had their blood pressure levels improve.

One item that we typically suggest is DLPA for depression, pain and more energy. It has a warning that it should not be taken if one has high blood pressure.

Aletha

Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDN

and her doctor in checking her has said she is showing

a rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dose

but BP is still high, and now she is thinking she has

to quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post me

everything else she is taking both prescription and

natural to see if there is somehting known to raise

BP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their blood

pressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

When I got on LDN 4 1/2 years ago, I had high blood pressure and was on Atenelol for it. After a short time on LDN my blood pressure went extremely low. I went to the doctor and she took me off of the BP medication. Then my BP returned to normal . I have never had to get back on the medication again. I deffinetly beleive that the LDN was the cause of my BP being normal.

Marie

LDN certainly has not raised MY B/P. I have always leaned toward a low B/P. Found out that I am Hypothyroid. Levotroid has helped to bring my B/P fom the 90-80/60 range to 110-120/70. I can't say that I feel much better, but maybe the thyroid is worth looking into. Marcie JAQUELYN MCCANDLESS <JMcCandless@...> wrote: Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDNand her doctor in checking her has said

she is showinga rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dosebut BP is still high, and now she is thinking she hasto quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post meeverything else she is taking both prescription andnatural to see if there is somehting known to raiseBP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their bloodpressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

>

> Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDN

> and her doctor in checking her has said she is showing

> a rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dose

> but BP is still high, and now she is thinking she has

> to quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post me

> everything else she is taking both prescription and

> natural to see if there is somehting known to raise

> BP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their blood

> pressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

>

===========

Hypertension was a question my mom and I drilled Dr. Bihari on because

my grandma has high BP and my dad has deadly high blood pressure and

is on unbelievable amounts of BP meds. Bihari said LDN will not be a

problem for those with hypertension or interfere with BP meds. My

dad's been on LDN less than a year and has actually been able to come

off one of his BP meds since starting LDN and my grandma's high BP has

improved on LDN.

What about an LDN capsule filler allergy, diet, supplements, over-the-

counter meds, steroid use, unknown infection(bladder, kidney, ect)?

>

> Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDN

> and her doctor in checking her has said she is showing

> a rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dose

> but BP is still high, and now she is thinking she has

> to quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post me

> everything else she is taking both prescription and

> natural to see if there is somehting known to raise

> BP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their blood

> pressure? Thanks! Dr. JM

>

I am françoise, from France. Am on ldn since 3 years, last time i saw

my doctor, she check a quite high blood pressure. I do not want to

stop ldn, so am looking all the responses you get.

As you all know, my dad was doing real well on LDN since March. Last CT in Dec shows stability as seen in September.

I just got off the phone with him, he's in the hospital, his BP was 90 / 40! Very Very low. He also ran a high fever.

So LDN isn't Causing HIGH BP in him, that's for sure.

[low dose naltrexone] Re: Hpertension & LDN?

The way one checks to see if LDN is causing the High Blood Pressure is skip it for 2 nights and see what your BP is, if it's still high it has nothing to do with LDN.

I have been on LDN for MS and TM for 2 yrs and 4 months and haven't had any problems with blood pressure, high or low.

Hugs & Blessings,

Crystal

LDN_Users Group Owner

Diagnosed November 2004 with Secondary Progressive MS, Transverse Myelitis and an Advocate for LDN!! 2 years and 4 months on LDN with Skip's Pharmacy.....

Crystal's MS,TM & LDN Website

Crystal's LDN Gift Shop

Crystal's LDN Support Group

Skip's Compounding Pharmacy

[low dose naltrexone] Re: Hpertension & LDN?

>> Listmates: I have a Crohn's patient who is taking LDN> and her doctor in checking her has said she is showing> a rise in her blood pressure - she lowered the dose> but BP is still high, and now she is thinking she has> to quit taking the LDN. I've asked her to post me> everything else she is taking both prescription and> natural to see if there is somehting known to raise> BP. Has anyone else found that LDN raises their blood> pressure? Thanks! Dr. JM>I am françoise, from France. Am on ldn since 3 years, last time i sawmy doctor, she check a quite high blood pressure. I do not want tostop ldn, so am looking all the responses you

get.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.