RemedySpot.com

Re: Mercury dental fillings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please excuse my ignorance....all this is facinating, I am just now getting

into alternative health care, cleanses of different kinds, etc. Please tell

me what does edta mean?

Yes,

I would really like it. You can send it to me off line or the list. Maybe others would be interested in this information also. Thanks so much for you time.

~Karmakarma@...http://loaves-n-fishes.com

Mercury Dental Fillings

Karma - Re your post about information on mercury dental fillings - I have a fact sheet which lists about eight reasons why amalgam fillings should not be used. If you're interested, I can retype these & send to group or to you privately. I believe someone has already mentioned the book IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD by Hal Huggins, DDS. This book speaks of diseases caused by silver-mercury fillings. In addition, Huggins has another booklet entitled PROPER AMALGAM REMOVAL - avoiding the "Frying Pan Into the Fire" syndrome. There is a "best" way that amalgam should be removed & replaced. That is, a certain quadrant of the mouth should be started first, etc.It's all quite interesting. Also, it seems that some people are more susceptible to problems being caused by amalgam fillings than are others. As has been mentioned before in this group, we are each very individual. ElsaSubscription email: mailto:bowel cleanse-subscribeegroups

> Please excuse my ignorance....all this is facinating, I am just now

getting

> into alternative health care, cleanses of different kinds, etc. Please

tell

> me what does edta mean?

EDTA stands for Ethylene Diamine Tetraacetic Acid.

It is a synthetic amino acid that removes heavy metals from the body in a

claw like action, called chelation therapy. Heavy metals are known to

interfere in many cellular functions and cause disease.

Patty

• 7 years later...

Hi,

I didn't know that they did mercury fillings (or at least the shiny ones) anymore. I'd ask if there IS mercury in them anymore. Resin is safe, as far as I know.

You could also google that.

Is your dentist a pediatric one? Are they good when your child is there? I'd maybe call them and let them know the fear that's coming. Maybe they can be prepared, ya know?

Also,,,,,I dont' think the kids know about a needle. They may say things like, "this will be a tiny pinch" or "this may have a sour taste",,,,,but there is no need for little kids to know about a needle.

All kids are different, but my oldest who has AS/ADHD, etc,,,,,,he's always done fine with out do because I've told them from day 1 that he has major sensory issues as well as can get worked up really fast. They let him play with a Gameboy while doing what they're doing.

Good luck.

He'll be fine.....you just gotta stay calm and let him see that there's nothing to worry about, cause we all gotta go to the dentist.

Robin

From: coffeenut5 <coffeenut5@...>Subject: ( ) Mercury dental fillings Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 9:24 PM

Hi all,My little guy is 6 and needs to have a cavity filled. I don't want himto get a mercury filling, and the alternative is a white resinfilling. Does anyone know if these are a safer alternative? Also, ifyou have any suggestions on how I can make this day easier forhim...it's his first filling, and he's going to freak at the idea ofnumbing meds, and a needle, not to mention the drilling! I'm going toneed meds myself this Thursday--help! haha...seriously, though, Iappreciate any thoughts/advice on both the "plastic resin" filling aswell as any anxiety relieving suggestions for him that you may have.Thanks in advance.Penny