RemedySpot.com

Re: Looking for online home school program

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here, it's called a virtual school. I think it's called something different everywhere.

I'd google "VIRTUAL SCHOOL" and then your state.

I'm sure you're gonna get some great info from the group.

Robin

From: Angel <c.fauver@...>Subject: ( ) Looking for online home school program Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:10 PM

I know that I have seen an email where someone was talking about anonline homeschool program. I think it was called PACE. I wouldappreciate any insight on this topic. My son is in 9th grade and hasjust been diagnosed in the last few months w/ Asperger's and OCD. Wedecided the stimulants were too much for him. Thinking maybe his lackof focus is not really ADD but more obbsesive thoughts. It takes himforever to get his work done and he doesn't want my help. I was agood student so I don't understand why he can't just realize whatneeds to be done and do it. I know he needs more of a schedule but Iam weak in that area personally. I don't want to send him back toschool and he doesn't want to go back either but we need moreaccountability. I was hoping maybe this online school would be justwhat he needs. I'm not sure where to start looking and it would benicer to have someone else's experience and insight.

Thanks for you help.Angel inMobile, AL

http://accessdl.state.al.us/

I can only find one virtual school in Alabama at the above link.

ours is called, "ohdela" and they have teachers, classes, and daily assignments. It does really help if you are not good at planning what to do next.

RoxannaYou're UniqueJust like everyone else...

( ) Looking for online home school program

I know that I have seen an email where someone was talking about anonline homeschool program. I think it was called PACE. I wouldappreciate any insight on this topic. My son is in 9th grade and hasjust been diagnosed in the last few months w/ Asperger's and OCD. Wedecided the stimulants were too much for him. Thinking maybe his lackof focus is not really ADD but more obbsesive thoughts. It takes himforever to get his work done and he doesn't want my help. I was agood student so I don't understand why he can't just realize whatneeds to be done and do it. I know he needs more of a schedule but Iam weak in that area personally. I don't want to send him back toschool and he doesn't want to go back either but we need moreaccountability. I was hoping maybe this online school would be justwhat he needs. I'm not sure where to start looking and it would benicer to have someone else's experience and insight. Thanks for you help.Angel inMobile, AL

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1855 - Release Date: 12/18/2008 10:16 AM

What about in PA? Does the parent have to be home? I don't think this would be good for my son as he is not self-motivated ...but I am getting real tired quickly with the school...no response yet!

Janice Rushen

"I will try to be open to all avenues of wisdom and hope"

From: Roxanna <madideas@...>Subject: Re: ( ) Looking for online home school program Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 12:29 PM

http://accessdl. state.al. us/

I can only find one virtual school in Alabama at the above link.

ours is called, "ohdela" and they have teachers, classes, and daily assignments. It does really help if you are not good at planning what to do next.

RoxannaYou're UniqueJust like everyone else...

I know that I have seen an email where someone was talking about anonline homeschool program. I think it was called PACE. I wouldappreciate any insight on this topic. My son is in 9th grade and hasjust been diagnosed in the last few months w/ Asperger's and OCD. Wedecided the stimulants were too much for him. Thinking maybe his lackof focus is not really ADD but more obbsesive thoughts. It takes himforever to get his work done and he doesn't want my help. I was agood student so I don't understand why he can't just realize whatneeds to be done and do it. I know he needs more of a schedule but Iam weak in that area personally. I don't want to send him back toschool and he doesn't want to go back either but we need moreaccountability. I was hoping maybe this online school would be justwhat he needs. I'm not sure where to start looking and it would benicer to have someone else's experience and insight.

Thanks for you help.Angel inMobile, AL

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1855 - Release Date: 12/18/2008 10:16 AM

I'm not sure about PACE but I know that Liberty University also has an online elementary and high school program that also sets students up for college. Check out luonline.com, and look for the academy. That is something I'm considering if Sierra's school does not pan out and I go to their college online.

I know that I have seen an email where someone was talking about anonline homeschool program. I think it was called PACE. I wouldappreciate any insight on this topic. My son is in 9th grade and hasjust been diagnosed in the last few months w/ Asperger's and OCD. Wedecided the stimulants were too much for him. Thinking maybe his lackof focus is not really ADD but more obbsesive thoughts. It takes himforever to get his work done and he doesn't want my help. I was agood student so I don't understand why he can't just realize whatneeds to be done and do it. I know he needs more of a schedule but Iam weak in that area personally. I don't want to send him back toschool and he doesn't want to go back either but we need moreaccountability. I was hoping maybe this online school would be justwhat he needs. I'm not sure where to start looking and it would benicer to have someone else's experience and insight. Thanks for you help.Angel inMobile, AL