RemedySpot.com

Re: Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes....in spite of it all...we do have things to be thankful for....and no matter how much I worry, fight, argue, cry, etc. etc. I love my son and am thankful for him. I am thankful to all of you at this site...I am thankful to the friends I have made, to Roxanna, to my advocate, to , to my mom and especially my sister. I am thankful that Jake made it through the accident....I am thankful he will not be paralyzed...I am thankful that he is a big brother to my son...yes...we all have so much to be thankful for. And most of all I miss Gene (Poppy) very very much but am so thankful for all the time we had together as a family!!!

Jan

Janice Rushen

"I will try to be open to all avenues of wisdom and hope"

From: Miriam Banash <callis4773@...>Subject: ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving."Asperger" < >Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 5:58 PM

At least LAST year there were some nuggets my son would eat. Tyson changed their recipe to make it "100% natural" and they totally changed the texture and flavor!!!! GRRR. So now it's Mac and Cheese, PBJ and SOMETIMES but RARELY, PIZZA with no cheese!! He did promise he'd TRY some turkey so I guess that is something.

But enough kvetching because really I have a lot for which I am thankful. Like my son just saying, "Thanks Mom...I love you." when he finished his mac and cheese and his chocolate milk. Like the fact that he's in a great school and has teachers, counselors, school staff and a 1:1 support person who really care. The 1:1 is a guy who called "The Man". 's regular classroom teachers have had to be more businesslike and less emotive with than they'd prefer because he tends to behave better. They envy the 1:1 guy his very close relationship with . But is doing so well now that maybe they'll be able to be a little warmer with him. Personally, I think he responds better with a warm relationship. I think the teachers think about this all very carefully and really do work hard to do their best with him. That makes us all very happy.

I'm thankful my husband has a job and that we're able to afford vision therapy for . I'm thankful that I've become friendly with all my neighbors in only a year and my best friend here in NH is on my street. Her little boy is higher functioning than and has a dx of PDD-NOS. He didn't have that dx at first, but our boys were drawn to each other. They get along fantastically. So I am thankful for my friend and her wonderful boy, . We trade babysitting and stuff.

I think I'm going to propose some sort of parents night out so my friend can go out with her husband and leave the kids with us and then we'll leave our kids with her so we can go out. does well enough there that it is possible.

I'm thankful for this group which keeps me sane even when nobody else is available.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Miriam

Miriam Mim Mimmom

mimbanash (DOT) com

Neither of mine eat anything out of a traditional "Turkey Dinner". I think that is one of the things I've accepted that I cannot change. Had a nice day otherwise. We celebrated my older son's 18th birthday. :)Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Miriam,

Thank YOU for a nice post!

Your ds eats more than mine already, hard to believe. Anyway, we had Turkey dinner here at home this year and he actually took the teeniest tiniest smidgen of a bite of turkey and then one smaller of cranberry. He did not take another taste of either but I was really shocked that he even tried the little he did. WOO HOO! I'll take it! We can work on that.

Otherwise, all he ate were rolls.

Speaking of food and eating, one thing that bugs me is when we go out to eat to buffet style places. We have one in town we go to every once in a while and I have to pay full price for my 12 yo who will not eat anything but rolls! lol. I think we should get a special "autism" price plan. ;-)

RoxannaYou're UniqueJust like everyone else...

( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

At least LAST year there were some nuggets my son would eat. Tyson changed their recipe to make it "100% natural" and they totally changed the texture and flavor!!!! GRRR. So now it's Mac and Cheese, PBJ and SOMETIMES but RARELY, PIZZA with no cheese!! He did promise he'd TRY some turkey so I guess that is something.

But enough kvetching because really I have a lot for which I am thankful. Like my son just saying, "Thanks Mom...I love you." when he finished his mac and cheese and his chocolate milk. Like the fact that he's in a great school and has teachers, counselors, school staff and a 1:1 support person who really care. The 1:1 is a guy who called "The Man". 's regular classroom teachers have had to be more businesslike and less emotive with than they'd prefer because he tends to behave better. They envy the 1:1 guy his very close relationship with . But is doing so well now that maybe they'll be able to be a little warmer with him. Personally, I think he responds better with a warm relationship. I think the teachers think about this all very carefully and really do work hard to do their best with him. That makes us all very happy.

I'm thankful my husband has a job and that we're able to afford vision therapy for . I'm thankful that I've become friendly with all my neighbors in only a year and my best friend here in NH is on my street. Her little boy is higher functioning than and has a dx of PDD-NOS. He didn't have that dx at first, but our boys were drawn to each other. They get along fantastically. So I am thankful for my friend and her wonderful boy, . We trade babysitting and stuff.

I think I'm going to propose some sort of parents night out so my friend can go out with her husband and leave the kids with us and then we'll leave our kids with her so we can go out. does well enough there that it is possible.

I'm thankful for this group which keeps me sane even when nobody else is available.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Miriam

Miriam Mim Mimmom

mimbanash

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1816 - Release Date: 11/27/2008 7:53 PM

Glad to hear about Jake not being paralyzed. Good news!

( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving."Asperger" < >Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 5:58 PM

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Miriam

Miriam Mim Mimmom

mimbanash (DOT) com

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1816 - Release Date: 11/27/2008 7:53 PM

My son talked about turkey all week and theb wouldn't touch a thing on

the table. In the end he ate a frozen waffle!

On 11/28/08, Willa Hunt <willaful@...> wrote:

> My son ate the rolls. That's it. Sigh.

>

> Willa

>

--

Sent from my mobile device

Mine ate rolls, cake icing and of course my mother in law had to give him soda

Ine

From: Heidi Guarino <heidi.guarino@...> Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 2:09:26 PMSubject: Re: ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

My son talked about turkey all week and theb wouldn't touch a thing onthe table. In the end he ate a frozen waffle!On 11/28/08, Willa Hunt <willafularmory (DOT) com> wrote:> My son ate the rolls. That's it. Sigh.>> Willa>-- Sent from my mobile device

My son ate turkey and rolls plus about half of a pumpkin pie (passed on all the stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans and new potatoes, and jello salad. He would've eaten more pie but I told him "no more". He only discovered pumpkin pie about 3-4 years ago though. Wouldn't touch it or even look at it before one Thanksgiving when he decided to try it (and I almost fell out of my chair) and he LOVED it. So now he's all about pumpkin pie. And I think it helped him to keep trying new things, at least every once in awhile, because he's more willing to now.

"Over-optimism is waiting for you ship to come in when you haven't sent one out."

From: Miriam <callis4773@...> Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:21:13 AMSubject: Re: ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

I saw a thing on TV about an autistic child who eats nothing but donuts. So mac and cheese, PBJ, nuggets...well, it could be worse!I know what you mean about buffet style places. I remember going to Atlantic City when I was in my early 20s with a family of big eaters. I weighed 90lbs and was not a big eater. It wasn't worth it for me to spend $9 for the stupid buffet. But they each ate several desserts and several plates full of stuff prior to that. They insisted I eat the buffet with them and thought I was rude for wanting to go eat at the roy rogers down the boardwalk. UGH it was awful. I have seen buffet places now that have kid meals that make it more economical but that's usually for the kids under 12. We used to go to a couple of cafeteria type places in TX that were great. loved Luby's. There's a place styled after it in the TV series King of the Hill. Anyway, always got their

mac and cheese, some rolls, jello and occasionally he'd eat the chicken tenders that actually had REAL chicken in them. We miss Luby's.Sorry, I'm off on a tangent here. LOL.Yes, this year I am thankful that my kid eats something other than donuts!!!Miriam>> Miriam,> Thank YOU for a nice post! > Your ds eats more than mine already, hard to believe. Anyway, we had Turkey dinner here at home this year and he actually took the teeniest tiniest smidgen of a bite of turkey and then one smaller of cranberry. He did not take another taste of either but I was really shocked that he even tried the little he did. WOO HOO! I'll take it! We can work on that.

> > Otherwise, all he ate were rolls. > > Speaking of food and eating, one thing that bugs me is when we go out to eat to buffet style places. We have one in town we go to every once in a while and I have to pay full price for my 12 yo who will not eat anything but rolls! lol. I think we should get a special "autism" price plan. ;-)> > Roxanna> You're Unique> Just like everyone else...> ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.> > > At least LAST year there were some nuggets my son would eat. Tyson changed their recipe to make it "100% natural" and they totally changed the texture and flavor!!!! GRRR. So now it's Mac and Cheese, PBJ and SOMETIMES but RARELY, PIZZA

with no cheese!! He did promise he'd TRY some turkey so I guess that is something.> > But enough kvetching because really I have a lot for which I am thankful. Like my son just saying, "Thanks Mom...I love you." when he finished his mac and cheese and his chocolate milk. Like the fact that he's in a great school and has teachers, counselors, school staff and a 1:1 support person who really care. The 1:1 is a guy who called "The Man". 's regular classroom teachers have had to be more businesslike and less emotive with than they'd prefer because he tends to behave better. They envy the 1:1 guy his very close relationship with . But is doing so well now that maybe they'll be able to be a little warmer with him. Personally, I think he responds better with a warm relationship. I think the teachers think about this all very carefully and really do work hard to do their

best with him. That makes us all very happy.> > I'm thankful my husband has a job and that we're able to afford vision therapy for . I'm thankful that I've become friendly with all my neighbors in only a year and my best friend here in NH is on my street. Her little boy is higher functioning than and has a dx of PDD-NOS. He didn't have that dx at first, but our boys were drawn to each other. They get along fantastically. So I am thankful for my friend and her wonderful boy, . We trade babysitting and stuff.> > I think I'm going to propose some sort of parents night out so my friend can go out with her husband and leave the kids with us and then we'll leave our kids with her so we can go out. does well enough there that it is possible.> > I'm thankful for this group which keeps me sane even when nobody else is available.> > Happy

Thanksgiving.> > Hugs,> > Miriam> > > Miriam > Mim > Mimmom> mimbanash@.. .> > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----------> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1816 - Release Date: 11/27/2008 7:53 PM>

lol Miriam... I hear ya there... My MIL gives it to the kids because she knows I hardly ever give them any. My son is hyper enough, he does not need extra sugar, and when he does I get to deal with it for 2 days.

Ine

From: Miriam <callis4773@...> Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:13:29 AMSubject: Re: ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

What IS it with MIL's and soda!! My MIL buys these teeny cans of rootbeer and orange soda. Nobody else here drinks the rootbeer and my MIL only visits once or twice a year. Then my daughter drinks the orange soda. She sneaks it and drinks it in her room and then stains the off white carpet with it. Like we wouldn't figure it out?! LOL. AGG. I HATE orange soda. Oh I love the taste, sure, but I'm not supposed to drink any soda at all (bad reflux is made worse by anything burp inducing) and that orange staining doesn't come out!Miriam> > My son ate the rolls. That's it. Sigh.> >> > Willa> >> > -- > Sent from my mobile device>

18, wow! A milestone! My oldest ds will be 20 yo in a few weeks. Ugh, I am so old. lol.

Re: ( ) Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

Neither of mine eat anything out of a traditional "Turkey Dinner". I think that is one of the things I've accepted that I cannot change. Had a nice day otherwise. We celebrated my older son's 18th birthday. :)

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.11/1819 - Release Date: 11/29/2008 10:37 AM