A Step Forward...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had an appointment with the school to get the results of their

testing today. Though they didn't test him particularly for Aspergers,

they were able to determine that he does need special ed services. The

first area that they are going to work with him of course be the

behavior.

The teacher, (as well as myself) has trouble with my son running away.

They also have trouble with him during transitions. Since they believe

he has auditory processing disorder after testing him in different

areas, they are going to start using more visual cues to see if this

will help rather than the verbal cues.

We are also going to put information about the bus issues in the IEP.

We are all going to talk with the bus drivers to let them know how to

correctly communicate with Ben.

I am just excited that something is finally working for our family!

What a great Holiday gift!

See....Miracles REALLY do Exist...

What a blessing ....Merry Christmas ...Merry Christmas!

Janice Rushen

"I will try to be open to all avenues of wisdom and hope"

From: heavenlybulldog <heavenlybulldog@...>Subject: ( ) A Step Forward... Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 11:06 PM

I had an appointment with the school to get the results of their testing today. Though they didn't test him particularly for Aspergers, they were able to determine that he does need special ed services. The first area that they are going to work with him of course be the behavior. The teacher, (as well as myself) has trouble with my son running away. They also have trouble with him during transitions. Since they believe he has auditory processing disorder after testing him in different areas, they are going to start using more visual cues to see if this will help rather than the verbal cues.We are also going to put information about the bus issues in the IEP. We are all going to talk with the bus drivers to let them know how to correctly communicate with Ben. I am just excited that something is finally working for our family! What a great Holiday

gift!

Yeah! I'm glad to hear your good news!

RoxannaYou're UniqueJust like everyone else...

( ) A Step Forward...

I had an appointment with the school to get the results of their testing today. Though they didn't test him particularly for Aspergers, they were able to determine that he does need special ed services. The first area that they are going to work with him of course be the behavior. The teacher, (as well as myself) has trouble with my son running away. They also have trouble with him during transitions. Since they believe he has auditory processing disorder after testing him in different areas, they are going to start using more visual cues to see if this will help rather than the verbal cues.We are also going to put information about the bus issues in the IEP. We are all going to talk with the bus drivers to let them know how to correctly communicate with Ben. I am just excited that something is finally working for our family! What a great Holiday gift!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1843 - Release Date: 12/11/2008 8:36 AM