RemedySpot.com

Kraft Pokemon Shaped Mac and Cheese for Thanksgiving.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

At least LAST year there were some nuggets my son would eat. Tyson changed their recipe to make it "100% natural" and they totally changed the texture and flavor!!!! GRRR. So now it's Mac and Cheese, PBJ and SOMETIMES but RARELY, PIZZA with no cheese!! He did promise he'd TRY some turkey so I guess that is something.

But enough kvetching because really I have a lot for which I am thankful. Like my son just saying, "Thanks Mom...I love you." when he finished his mac and cheese and his chocolate milk. Like the fact that he's in a great school and has teachers, counselors, school staff and a 1:1 support person who really care. The 1:1 is a guy who called "The Man". 's regular classroom teachers have had to be more businesslike and less emotive with than they'd prefer because he tends to behave better. They envy the 1:1 guy his very close relationship with . But is doing so well now that maybe they'll be able to be a little warmer with him. Personally, I think he responds better with a warm relationship. I think the teachers think about this all very carefully and really do work hard to do their best with him. That makes us all very happy.

I'm thankful my husband has a job and that we're able to afford vision therapy for . I'm thankful that I've become friendly with all my neighbors in only a year and my best friend here in NH is on my street. Her little boy is higher functioning than and has a dx of PDD-NOS. He didn't have that dx at first, but our boys were drawn to each other. They get along fantastically. So I am thankful for my friend and her wonderful boy, . We trade babysitting and stuff.

I think I'm going to propose some sort of parents night out so my friend can go out with her husband and leave the kids with us and then we'll leave our kids with her so we can go out. does well enough there that it is possible.

I'm thankful for this group which keeps me sane even when nobody else is available.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs,

Miriam

Miriam Mim Mimmom

mimbanash@...