RemedySpot.com

Re: sex education

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would like to help you teach it, but I think I forgot how to............I

HOPE it is like riding a bike or I'm in deep trouble.

Re: Sex Education

Boy, , if I post the topic of our next support group meeting is

SEX, I am going to have to book the auditorium! I think it'll hole

enough folks! It will be interesting for me to do the teaching on

that ;o)

-Ginny I.

> Do any of you unexpected mommas need an updated sex ed class we

could have

> one at one of the support meeting! LOL Just kidding :-) Congrats to

all -WHAT

> BLESSINGS!!!

>

> Busching

>

>

>

Boy, , if I post the topic of our next support group meeting is

SEX, I am going to have to book the auditorium! I think it'll hole

enough folks! It will be interesting for me to do the teaching on

that ;o)

-Ginny I.

> Do any of you unexpected mommas need an updated sex ed class we

could have

> one at one of the support meeting! LOL Just kidding :-) Congrats to

all -WHAT

> BLESSINGS!!!

>

> Busching

>

>

>

• 6 years later...

Personally I would suggest he stay . Ask him why he is uncomfortable ( my son was disgusted at the others making jokes) He loved the science of it. However, I think you need to discuss this with his teacher as well. We all have things we might not like to do.. Or attend. This might be a way to encourage him to try something new.

-- ( ) sex education

My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on FSIQ=88.They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is souncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can Irequest that he get out of it?

My son had to do this in 5th grade and he, too, was so uncomfortable, he got mad. I talked with his teacher (she was reall nice) and she let him go to the resource room and get on a computer during this time. She sent the stuff home and we went over it here. Maybe they'd let him out of it? Hope this helps. Robinspurtrips <Wilkins@...> wrote: My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on

FSIQ=88.They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is souncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can Irequest that he get out of it?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

>

> My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,

> ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on FSIQ=88.

> They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is so

> uncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can I

> request that he get out of it?

>

>

>

I would think he should be able to be opted out of it. Is this separate

from a Family Life Education program? Our schools have an adopted

curriculum (Family Life Education or FLE) that all parents are able to

request a copy of the topics given in each grade. We are given the

choice of opting our children out of the time when these topics are

taught. This includes Kindergarten with stranger danger stuff and

appropriate touch.

If you think that he wouldn't listen to your talking about the info,

I'd leave him in. I have had to do that. I know my son would not

have " absorbed " the information if I tried to " teach " him or his

father. I had to do this with my then 12 year old daughter when it got

to hygiene. She wouldn't listen to me tell her what she had to do, so I

made her stay in and listen to the teacher!

-Melinda

lol my son went to this class, and he learned that he never wanted to have sex. pj

My son had to do this in 5th grade and he, too, was so uncomfortable, he got mad.

I talked with his teacher (she was reall nice) and she let him go to the resource room and get on a computer during this time. She sent the stuff home and we went over it here.

Maybe they'd let him out of it?

Hope this helps.

Robinspurtrips <Wilkinsconwaycorp (DOT) net> wrote:

My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on FSIQ=88.They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is souncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can Irequest that he get out of it?

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

My son wouldn't talk to me all night because he hated "non-virgins" !!Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: lol my son went to this class, and he learned that he never wanted to have sex. pj My son had to do this in 5th

grade and he, too, was so uncomfortable, he got mad. I talked with his teacher (she was reall nice) and she let him go to the resource room and get on a computer during this time. She sent the stuff home and we went over it here. Maybe they'd let him out of it? Hope this helps. Robinspurtrips <Wilkinsconwaycorp (DOT) net> wrote: My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on FSIQ=88.They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is souncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can Irequest that he get out of it? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

He probably does need to learn the information but if you feel now is not the time or learning it at school is not the best idea, then you can always ask to opt out. If he has an IEP, talk to his IEP team or sped teacher about alternatives for him. They might have an alternate curriculum he could do or he could be taught in the resource room instead or be given something else to do entirely. But talk to them and ask what options there are.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) sex education

That might be the funniest thing I've heard all month. Sorry for the difficulty you experienced but I SURELY NEEDED A LAUGH today. Thanks

Re: ( ) sex education

My son wouldn't talk to me all night because he hated "non-virgins" !!Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 (DOT) com> wrote:

lol my son went to this class, and he learned that he never wanted to have sex. pj

My son had to do this in 5th grade and he, too, was so uncomfortable, he got mad.

I talked with his teacher (she was reall nice) and she let him go to the resource room and get on a computer during this time. She sent the stuff home and we went over it here.

Maybe they'd let him out of it?

Hope this helps.

Robinspurtrips <Wilkinsconwaycorp (DOT) net> wrote:

Ha ha. I hope you understand that I'm laughing at the "cuteness". I love it. My son always knew the "real" words and for the most part,,,,,most of the "things" that would happen in life. But,,,,,,,we took the stuff home and went over it here. He couldn't handle it. It made him so disgusted to hear the stuff and then, it was with the girls, too. I don't know if he was necessarily embarrassed or just, like I said, disgusted. Ha ha. When we went over it here, we did it quickly and ensured he got it. Had our chats and then said, "Are we done now, cause I need to go and puke all over my books". Nice. Robin Ake <lessen@...> wrote: My son wouldn't talk to me all night because he hated "non-virgins" !!Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: lol my son went to this class, and he learned that he never wanted to have sex. pj My son had to do this in 5th grade and he, too, was so uncomfortable, he got mad. I

talked with his teacher (she was reall nice) and she let him go to the resource room and get on a computer during this time. She sent the stuff home and we went over it here. Maybe they'd let him out of it? Hope this helps. Robinspurtrips <Wilkinsconwaycorp (DOT) net> wrote: My son Nat is 14yrs old. He is dgs as ASD, Depression by history,ADHD, ODD, PTSD. His over all intellectual ability on FSIQ=88.They are studing the reproductive system right now. He is souncomfortable with this. Should he be made to do this chapter or can Irequest that he get out of it? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.