RemedySpot.com

Re: Loose tooth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is it typical for to cry and cry after you'd do something like that?

Does it bother her when it's brushed? If her crying would be unusual, maybe

it would be worth visit to the dentist just to make sure there's no

infection or anything. Other than that, I don't know if the treatment for a

loose tooth would be different for a child with DS. I've never heard of

anyone else on other lists having to have just regular loose teeth pulled or

anything.

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that has a loose tooth. I

touched it to make sure it was loose and she cried and

cried after I was done. I have a question. Do I need

to take her to the dentist? Will it fall out like

normal or willit have to be pulled out? She has a

appoitment next month for a check up and cleaning.

Should I just wait till then for him to look at it?

Thanks everybody!!!

=====

Pam Mom to Identical twins Hannah (Hannah Banana), (Huggy Bear) age

5, Josh 19 and Dusty 14

Hi Pam,

If you think she is in pain, I would take her straight away. has

had the worst trouble with losing her baby teeth and as a consequence she

has had to have 6 baby teeth removed because they weren't falling out. As a

result her adult teeth had shifted and were growing down behind or in front

of the baby teeth really upsetting the positioning of her teeth.

At 7 she has to wear a plate to realign her teeth! I just think sometimes

baby teeth need to be checked and xrays done to make sure that the adult

teeth are growing properly.....but then I am a worry wart!

Carolyn

Mum to on 9, 7.5, Emma (Ds) 4 and Nicki (Ds) 3

http://www.geocities.com/nz_mom/sykesfamily.html

Loose Tooth

> Hi,

>

> I noticed yesterday that has a loose tooth. I

> touched it to make sure it was loose and she cried and

> cried after I was done. I have a question. Do I need

> to take her to the dentist? Will it fall out like

> normal or willit have to be pulled out? She has a

> appoitment next month for a check up and cleaning.

> Should I just wait till then for him to look at it?

>

> Thanks everybody!!!

>

>

>

> =====

> Pam Mom to Identical twins Hannah (Hannah Banana), (Huggy Bear) age

5, Josh 19 and Dusty 14

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Pam, I'd agree that it's worth a trip to the dentist if she is experiencing

pain. My Danny's baby teeth were perfect, straight, well-spaced, and rooted

in there like no tomorrow! He lost one eating an apple, one we didn't even

notice, and one feel out because he was biting his brother on the toe. I

had one screaming and crying about his bloody toe and one bleeding from the

mouth (did not know the tooth fell out!) A couple of them were very slow

to come out and the adult tooth behind was set back. But now they seem to

be moving into place on their own.

Out of seven children in my family, six had braces on their teeth, so i

imagine odds are we'll be paying the orthodontist soon.

Sigh....

Jeanbrendananddanny's(ds)momage8

• 7 years later...

Don't know if this might help, but I've attached a picture of my daughter who is six and just lost her second front tooth about 3 weeks ago. You can tell in the pic she's missing both. thinks it's cool to be missing her two teeth and she eats and eats and eats. Today for lunch she's having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, fruit snacks, and a juice box. For breakfast she ate a bagel, one piece of turkey bacon, and some grapes. Maybe if you share this story w/ your son and show him the pic, he'll feel better because you have a real life example? I know most of our kids are very concrete thinkers so having a related picture and story might help?

The other child in the picture is my son, Dylan (11, Aspergers.)

Have a good day!

( ) Loose tooth

My son has an extremely loose front tooth. It should have come out before now. I just found out my son has been going out of his way to make sure it stays in because he is missing a tooth next to it. He is really scared that once it falls out he will not be able to eat anymore. I can't convince him otherwise. I know the tooth will eventually just fall out but I am worried about the effect it will have on him until he discovers he can still eat. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you so much! I'll talk to him again and show him the picture after school. I really appreciate your taking the time to send it.

( ) Loose tooth

My son has an extremely loose front tooth. It should have come out before now. I just found out my son has been going out of his way to make sure it stays in because he is missing a tooth next to it. He is really scared that once it falls out he will not be able to eat anymore. I can't convince him otherwise. I know the tooth will eventually just fall out but I am worried about the effect it will have on him until he discovers he can still eat. Any suggestions? Thanks!

cute kids, missing teeth and all!!

( ) Loose tooth

He finally pulled the tooth and found out he can still eat! Thank you!

( ) Loose tooth

My son had 2 permanent teeth erupt on the bottom before any baby teeth came out. The day before his scheduled oral surgery to pull the 4 over-crowded baby teeth, one of the teeth was just hanging by a thread but he refused to pull it. He was really panicking. Finally at dinner time he bit into some pizza and out it popped. I was glad because then we only had to pay for 3 extractions instead of 4. We called him shark boy because he had 2 rows of teeth. It was pretty weird looking!>> He finally pulled the tooth and found out he can still eat! Thank you! > > > ( ) Loose tooth> > > My son has an extremely loose front tooth. It should have come out before now. I just found out my son has been going out of his way to make sure it stays in because he is missing a tooth next to it. He is really scared that once it falls out he will not be able to eat anymore. I can't convince him otherwise. I know the tooth will eventually just fall out but I am worried about the effect it will have on him until he discovers he can still eat. Any suggestions? Thanks! >

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! <lisa_leonard@...> wrote: He finally pulled the tooth and found out he can still eat! Thank you! ( ) Loose tooth My son has an extremely loose front tooth. It should have come out before now. I just found out my son has been going out of his way to make sure it stays in because he is missing a tooth next to it. He is really scared that once it falls out he will not be able to eat anymore. I can't convince him otherwise. I know the tooth will eventually just fall out but I am worried about the effect it will have on him until he discovers he can still eat. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

My mother used to care for a young man that never lost any of his baby teeth. It is unusual how some peoples teeth come in. My brother in law lost two sets of baby teeth before getting his permanent ones.

( ) Loose tooth> > > My son has an extremely loose front tooth. It should have come out before now. I just found out my son has been going out of his way to make sure it stays in because he is missing a tooth next to it. He is really scared that once it falls out he will not be able to eat anymore. I can't convince him otherwise. I know the tooth will eventually just fall out but I am worried about the effect it will have on him until he discovers he can still eat. Any suggestions? Thanks! >