RemedySpot.com

Re: What a Big Fat Mess here........

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is he on Buspar or anything for ANXIETY?? I can tell you that my son made it so we could not travel on vacations without getting him someone to stay with at home; which is not right! Anyway, he vomited before karate (loved it but threw up all the time on the way there), everything caused a migraine, etc. Anytime someone is talking of killing themselves, depression should be looked at too. Our son is now 13 and in 8th grade; he often will start drawing 'deathly' / 'evil' / killing type weird drawings and leaves 'em for us to see (probably NOT intentionally but we never see his stuff unless he does this!!!---so I would say it is pretty obvious)---and when we contact the psychiatrist, he adjusts something and that fixes it in a few days. So, if he IS medicated, I would look at interactions / what may be NOT working or not mixing (look in a nursing book at a book store---2007 one--that is what we do---current and NEW info); if not medicated, I would consider it because he cannot just 'fix' that on his own.

Our kids often have a reason they want to quit, and we tell our son all the time, you started it, you have to finish; if it is a class that is not required, let it go!! Our son was in vocal BY CHOICE last year, and hated it (was not what he thought it would be---shocker---he expected rock star quality day one--it was not!!!lol)....turned out he would have rather have had a study hall to do work at school, so we just changed it, that easy!

What is a neighborhood school??? Is that different than a public school? I would do some fast reading and learning myself tonight if I WERE YOU, and go in there with some LOADED SENTENCES OF LAWS AND RULES.....look at the law where you are about neighborhood school---there are a couple of GREAT PEOPLE on here that will let you know more about that, too; I am NOT familiar with neighborhood schools......sorry.....you have the meeting but I would consider a tape recorder in your pocket, document, document, document, and put everything in writing and send (EMAIL) it back to all of them, summarizing (you will see that from others on here often but it is true (it is going to be our saving grace!!!)....

Ruthie

( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........

refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

Also, I would have IEP accommodations for all the little things; notification (IF AND WHEN POSSIBLE) of subs (my 1st grader will quit school when there is a sub--we discovered last year in kindergarten already---teacher emails us when she KNOWS she will be gone or is leaving sick even----to tell us; our son's knowing is all it takes--it is her NOT being there that makes him refuse to go to school--and he is medicated---they HATE CHANGE!!!!----

If the school cannot have stable, consistent individuals to transport, seems that should be an accommodation then, where you may need a lawyer to get it done but have someone you hire privately to do it and they pay for it!! I would tell them WHAT YOU WANT and lay it out specifically; do not back down, and stand your ground. If they say we can't, say, I know you can, and I expect you to; if you have to, let them know you will see a lawyer to help you to make it so. Do whatever you have to do. Doesn't always work, but our lawyer is fixing our mess---like he said, we need a lawyer but they should have done everything we have asked for already as it is all very reasonable and appropriate requests; he is going to make 'em PAY now!!! They are going to be providing things we were happy to do outside of school, so that is what happens, I guess!! GOOD LUCK, dear.

Also, what does your son want??? I would ask that. And, he has Aspergers, right? Sounds like it.......just remember, the things that make sense to us, do not to them; example, our son really thinks you know already; example, he reports a migraine headache to school and thinks they will give him an Amerge (instead, they give him a Tylenol)....when we asked why he is so mad, they should have KNOWN---NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DAWNED ON HIM TO ASK FOR THE AMERGE PILL!! Seems sooooo obvious and simple doesn't it????

Good luck!

Ruthie

refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

Yes he is 15yrs old Dx'd with Asperger/Bipolar/Adhd/Chronic Motor Tics/OCD He now wants to go but do Commercial Arts. I hope he can get in then maybe he'll like to go. Betty RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: Also, I would have IEP accommodations for all the little things; notification (IF AND WHEN POSSIBLE) of subs (my 1st grader will quit

school when there is a sub--we discovered last year in kindergarten already---teacher emails us when she KNOWS she will be gone or is leaving sick even----to tell us; our son's knowing is all it takes--it is her NOT being there that makes him refuse to go to school--and he is medicated---they HATE CHANGE!!!!---- If the school cannot have stable, consistent individuals to transport, seems that should be an accommodation then, where you may need a lawyer to get it done but have someone you hire privately to do it and they pay for it!! I would tell them WHAT YOU WANT and lay it out specifically; do not back down, and stand your ground. If they say we can't, say, I know you can, and I expect you to; if you have to, let them know you will see a lawyer to help you to make it so. Do whatever you have to do. Doesn't always work, but our lawyer is fixing our mess---like he said, we need a lawyer but they should have

done everything we have asked for already as it is all very reasonable and appropriate requests; he is going to make 'em PAY now!!! They are going to be providing things we were happy to do outside of school, so that is what happens, I guess!! GOOD LUCK, dear. Also, what does your son want??? I would ask that. And, he has Aspergers, right? Sounds like it.......just remember, the things that make sense to us, do not to them; example, our son really thinks you know already; example, he reports a migraine headache to school and thinks they will give him an Amerge (instead, they give him a Tylenol)....when we asked why he is so mad, they should have KNOWN---NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DAWNED ON HIM TO ASK FOR THE AMERGE PILL!! Seems sooooo obvious and simple doesn't it???? Good luck! Ruthie ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First

his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this

wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Autos.

Ruthie, He doesn't do well on Anxiety medicines. But this new Psych put him on a low dose of Celexa 10 mgs. This is his 5th day on it so it hasn't even started in his systeem yet. The school nurse was blaming his Celexa. I took her No way it is his new pill it's all Anxiety. He too was drawing killing images like knives,guns, & the word KILL in the school psychs office. Now he says he wants to change to Commercial Arts at the Vo Tech. He thinks he can create video games like real soon. Not! I think Neighboring schools mean like the Vo Tech school. He is in a special ed private school right now. He only has 8 kids in his classroom with a teacher & an aide. This meeting is at 11am tomorrow not much notice but they said they have to act fast because one can not just quit Vo tech. There are procedures to go through. I didn't have any time to

call an advocate though I left several messages to a few. They were already out of their office I guess. I will try again first thing in the morning. Hubby & I are going to our camp right after the meeting. is going right after school to his dad's for the weekend. We needed to get away for a couple of days. It's been nuts around here. Full moon ya know. Betty \\ RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: Is he on Buspar or anything for ANXIETY?? I can tell you that my son made it so we could not travel on vacations without getting him someone to stay with at home; which is not right! Anyway, he vomited before karate (loved it but threw up all the time on the way there), everything caused a migraine, etc. Anytime someone is talking of killing themselves, depression should be looked at too. Our son is now 13 and in 8th grade; he often will start drawing 'deathly' / 'evil' / killing type weird drawings and leaves 'em for us to see (probably NOT intentionally but we never see his stuff unless he does this!!!---so I would say it is pretty obvious)---and when we contact the

psychiatrist, he adjusts something and that fixes it in a few days. So, if he IS medicated, I would look at interactions / what may be NOT working or not mixing (look in a nursing book at a book store---2007 one--that is what we do---current and NEW info); if not medicated, I would consider it because he cannot just 'fix' that on his own. Our kids often have a reason they want to quit, and we tell our son all the time, you started it, you have to finish; if it is a class that is not required, let it go!! Our son was in vocal BY CHOICE last year, and hated it (was not what he thought it would be---shocker---he expected rock star quality day one--it was not!!!lol)....turned out he would have rather have had a study hall to do work at school, so we just changed it, that easy! What is a neighborhood school??? Is that different than a public school? I would do some fast

reading and learning myself tonight if I WERE YOU, and go in there with some LOADED SENTENCES OF LAWS AND RULES.....look at the law where you are about neighborhood school---there are a couple of GREAT PEOPLE on here that will let you know more about that, too; I am NOT familiar with neighborhood schools......sorry.....you have the meeting but I would consider a tape recorder in your pocket, document, document, document, and put everything in writing and send (EMAIL) it back to all of them, summarizing (you will see that from others on here often but it is true (it is going to be our saving grace!!!).... Ruthie ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have

a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Hi Betty,

It is not true that they cannot provide sped services at the vo-tech. It is ridiculous to put all these things in place for regular school and then expect him to do without in a different school. They are all obligated to provide him with the service and supports that he requires no matter what school building he is in.

Sounds like he needs a lot of help. Someone has to take the time to help him work his locker, for starters. That needs to be a service written in the IEP since they cannot bother to do it without having it in writing. He may need an aide in the vo-tech classes due to there being so many students in the classes. Homework needs to be reduced or eliminated. Get that in his IEP and let the sped director know that you expect this person to coordinate this with all his teachers at all the schools he attends.

I would go to the meeting with a list of requests of things he needs. If they say he can't have sped services, ask for their reasons in writing. I would then call the state and ask them to look at the situation - a school refusing to comply with the IEP. We have a vocational school here that kids can go to and they provide all the sped services there as required.

I would request an aide to help guide him at the vo-tech school because he is obviously not coping well there at all and he needs help. Put your requests in writing in your follow up letter as well.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Betty,

Also do not try to make decisions right away - sounds like the school wants to "hurry up" and change things. But you have to be careful what is being changed. Unless they start providing the supports and services he needs, changing him to another class is not really going to fix anything.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Exactly. I think he would be doing the same thing all over again. They're really pushing this Vo Tech half day thing. thanks, Betty Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Betty, Also do not try to make decisions right away - sounds like the

school wants to "hurry up" and change things. But you have to be careful what is being changed. Unless they start providing the supports and services he needs, changing him to another class is not really going to fix anything. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework

from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Roxanna, thanks for the advise. I wrote it down & in the morning I hope to get a call back from one of the advocates that I tried to have come to the IEP. I don't think with it being such a short notice that anyone could come. Our school district's Special Ed Director said they can not sent with an aid & the Vo Tech said the same thing. In his IEP it is written "No Homework" because he freaks out when he has it. But Vo Tech sends it home with him. So the school district is saying he has to do it because he won't get his credits to graduate. Double talk is what it is. Betty Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Hi Betty, It is not true that they cannot provide sped services at the vo-tech. It is ridiculous to put all these things in place for regular school and then expect him to do without in a different school. They are all obligated to provide him with the service and supports that he requires no matter what school building he is in. Sounds like he needs a lot of help. Someone has to take the time to help him work his locker, for starters. That

needs to be a service written in the IEP since they cannot bother to do it without having it in writing. He may need an aide in the vo-tech classes due to there being so many students in the classes. Homework needs to be reduced or eliminated. Get that in his IEP and let the sped director know that you expect this person to coordinate this with all his teachers at all the schools he attends. I would go to the meeting with a list of requests of things he needs. If they say he can't have sped services, ask for their reasons in writing. I would then call the state and ask them to look at the situation - a school refusing to comply with the IEP. We have a vocational school here that kids can go to and they provide all the sped services there as required. I would request an aide to help guide him at the vo-tech school because he is obviously not coping well there at all and he needs help. Put your requests in writing in your follow up letter as well. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education

supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Sounds like they just need to be patient with your son, and let the medications work for him. If it is too bad, perhaps hospitalize him for a brief time in the mental health unit? But, I would certainly not let them take him out, etc. He is have some mental health problems right now, and that sounds like what these kiddos do!! And, a full-moon....I started laughing; we are NOT alone on that one, it sounds like; our two special boys go crazy; our 6 year old has been doing and saying things this full-moon we have never heard before (and hope not to again!!). It is some weird stuff! KIDS.

Honestly, I would tell the school that 11 a.m. TOMORROW IS TOO SOON, and that you are not willing to come without an advocate or an attorney, and no one is available to come that quickly; therefore, you need to reschedule, and they need to do that; you HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE SOMEONE THERE ON YOUR BEHALVES as well as YOUR SON'S!!! That is what I would suggest!!

We have a meeting Tuesday with our school, and we have an attorney and a former teacher from our middle school that now tutors (tutors our son, too) going with us; if EITHER was NOT available, we were going to reschedule! YOU DO HAVE THAT RIGHT; you should not have to have such short notice; they have to give you ample time, and if your son really is going crazy right now, it IS okay to put them in the hospital for their safety. You do need to say, "'ny,' is a danger to his self and others.'" OTHERWISE, you will probably be taking him home or back to the private school if he lives there....THAT is the buzz sentence!

While that may not be what you want to do, we have had to do it with our 13 year old before, from there he went to treatment 'cuz he was more than any two humans could handle alone in a home setting; he is back home now, and has been for almost 10 months but we did put him up in 'psyche ward' for an entire week (he chose the length based on his behaviors) the end of August; we HATE it but we do it; it was a huge wake up call to him, too, and they tweaked meds and got him calmed down, and he was a little rowdy a couple weeks within the stay but is nearly a different person now, just a typical Aspies teen right now, and is NOT a danger to himself or anyone else!!!

HANG IN THERE MOM......YOU CAN DO IT.....and, enjoy your getaway with your husband.

Betty--This was the person I was hoping would respond to you. ROXANNA is going to save all of our kids; her advise ROCKS!!! I would still ask to move the meeting to a time that YOU can take someone with you, and I am sure that Roxanna would probably support that, too, as you then have 'witnesses,' and surely they can do it on Monday or Tuesday, when YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO GO WITH YOU!! Ruthie

Betty---I would certainly CALL AND RESCHEDULE and take an advocate with you, dear! Otherwise, like Roxanna already taught me, they SCHOOLS) CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT--they are---she is RIGHT! We are going through this stuff (a bit different, but garbage NONE THE LESS!!! Take an advocate; reschedule!! They have to be understanding and sensitive to your needs, too, and 24 hours notice (or less) is hardly acceptable time to expect you to be prepared. They WILL have to provide the services, and they will probably tell you they can't and whatever they want; that is why we finally have a lawyer / our son's rights ARE being violated and we are trying to stop it but our name doesn't say ATTORNEY in front or behind it, so we say the right things but they are not doing it (our lawyer said we could not be doing anything and saying anything any better / he is just appalled with how we are being treated and ignored, and that they are doing NOTHING). Hang in there, Betty!! It WILL get better.

Wow, yes. Sounds like a load of bull. They can provide what he needs - period. Ask them to show you the information in writing that says they cannot provide sped services. That would be interesting to read, huh! Mostly because it doesn't exist. Makes you want to ask, "Does the IDEA have anything to do with this?" lol

Let us know what happens. I do not appreciate sudden meetings like this unless it is to add services that a child obviously needs. Somehow I don't get the feeling that this place is planning that. I hope you get someone to come but if not, take notes and don't be pressured into anything sudden! Anything they tell you - ask for it in writing.

We have a vo-tech program here in our county for all the county high schools. You don't have to attend if you don't want to. I am not sure why they say he has to or he won't graduate. You know, as a student with a disability, he does not have to graduate right away but he can stay in special education for several more years recieving services. So if it takes him a few years longer to acquire the number of credits to graduate, then that is just what it takes. Many kids here with AS/HFA delay graduation to take necessary classes, basic living skills, or vo tech at school expense. This is the way the law works for our kids because they sometimes need more time and/or more services.

It also sounds as if they did not bother to provide any sort of transitioning services for him but rather, just stuck him in a program and he is left on his own. This is just a recipe for disaster! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck today!

RoxannaAutism Happens

Thought about homeschooling?

Much better for the child and a whole lot less frustration for the parents !!

I tried the rat race and IEP crap. I even tried 4 different schools in four

years before coming to the right decision to homeschool.

Just a thought !@!

>>> " Roxanna " <madideas@...> 9/28/2007 7:17 AM >>>

Wow, yes. Sounds like a load of bull. They can provide what he needs - period.

Ask them to show you the information in writing that says they cannot provide

sped services. That would be interesting to read, huh! Mostly because it

doesn't exist. Makes you want to ask, " Does the IDEA have anything to do with

this? " lol

Let us know what happens. I do not appreciate sudden meetings like this unless

it is to add services that a child obviously needs. Somehow I don't get the

feeling that this place is planning that. I hope you get someone to come but if

not, take notes and don't be pressured into anything sudden! Anything they tell

you - ask for it in writing.

We have a vo-tech program here in our county for all the county high schools.

You don't have to attend if you don't want to. I am not sure why they say he

has to or he won't graduate. You know, as a student with a disability, he does

not have to graduate right away but he can stay in special education for several

more years recieving services. So if it takes him a few years longer to acquire

the number of credits to graduate, then that is just what it takes. Many kids

here with AS/HFA delay graduation to take necessary classes, basic living

skills, or vo tech at school expense. This is the way the law works for our

kids because they sometimes need more time and/or more services.

It also sounds as if they did not bother to provide any sort of transitioning

services for him but rather, just stuck him in a program and he is left on his

own. This is just a recipe for disaster! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck today!

Roxanna

Autism Happens

refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completely

lost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking about

wishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in school

etc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want to

go to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.

First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back so

he has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a new

van & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker to

get it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class he

takes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver to

come back home. He gets homework from school + homework from Vo

Tech. In this last IEP it says " Special Education supports &

services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in the

neighborhood school. " WHY??? The school called me today & has asked

us if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does not

go to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He just

started 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.

Although I have made several calls. said the new principal

said she was very upset with him & me because I said if this was

going to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Tech

this year & next year he can start.

What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....

Betty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homework in itself was a BIG issue. He would run around the table screaming that he already did school work,that his brain was tired & home was not school. Oh the meltdowns! I would consider homeschooling as a very last resort. What about socializing with other kids when you homeschool? Thanks, Betty Diane <diane.martin@...> wrote: Thought about homeschooling? Much better for the child and a whole lot less frustration for the parents !!I tried the rat race and IEP crap. I even tried 4 different schools in four years before coming to the right decision to homeschool.Just a thought !@! >>> "Roxanna" <madideaszoominternet (DOT) net> 9/28/2007 7:17 AM >>>Wow, yes. Sounds like a load of bull. They can provide what he needs - period. Ask them to show you the information in writing that says they cannot provide sped services. That would be interesting to read, huh! Mostly because it doesn't exist. Makes you want to ask, "Does the IDEA have anything to do with this?" lolLet us know what happens. I do not appreciate sudden meetings like this unless it is to add services that a child obviously needs. Somehow I don't get the feeling that this place is planning

that. I hope you get someone to come but if not, take notes and don't be pressured into anything sudden! Anything they tell you - ask for it in writing. We have a vo-tech program here in our county for all the county high schools. You don't have to attend if you don't want to. I am not sure why they say he has to or he won't graduate. You know, as a student with a disability, he does not have to graduate right away but he can stay in special education for several more years recieving services. So if it takes him a few years longer to acquire the number of credits to graduate, then that is just what it takes. Many kids here with AS/HFA delay graduation to take necessary classes, basic living skills, or vo tech at school expense. This is the way the law works for our kids because they sometimes need more time and/or more services. It also sounds as if they did not bother to provide any sort of transitioning services for him but rather, just stuck him in a

program and he is left on his own. This is just a recipe for disaster! Let us know how it goes!Good luck today!RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech.

He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11

tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty---------------------------------------------------------- oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Roxanna, they did take a day to take those kids that were going to Vo Tech for a tour. Last year! He told me this morning," Grittle don't let them talk you into anything!" LOL smart kkid huh? I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for all your help. Betty PS. By the way...we are his grandparents with full custody now for the last 10yrs. Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Wow, yes. Sounds like a load of bull. They can provide what he needs - period. Ask them to show you the information in writing that says they cannot provide sped services. That would be interesting to read, huh! Mostly because it doesn't exist. Makes you want to ask, "Does the IDEA have anything to do with this?" lol Let us know what happens. I do not appreciate sudden meetings like this unless it is to add services that a child obviously needs. Somehow I don't get the feeling that this place is planning that. I hope you get someone to come but if not, take notes and don't be pressured into anything sudden! Anything they tell you - ask for it in writing. We have a vo-tech program here in our county for all the county high schools. You don't have to attend if you don't want to. I am not sure why they say he has to or he won't graduate. You know, as a student with a disability, he does not have to graduate right away but he can stay in special education for several more years recieving services. So if it takes him a few years longer to acquire the number of credits to graduate, then that is just what it takes. Many kids here with AS/HFA delay graduation to take necessary classes, basic living skills, or vo tech at school expense. This is the way the law works for our kids because they sometimes need more time and/or more services. It also sounds as if they did not bother to provide any sort of transitioning services for him but rather, just

stuck him in a program and he is left on his own. This is just a recipe for disaster! Let us know how it goes! Good luck today! RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to

continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have

a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Thanks Ruthie, we are going BUT I don't have to sign a thing. If I don't agree I will reschedule. I am still calling the Advocate at 9am this morning. Take care,Betty RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: Betty---I would certainly CALL AND RESCHEDULE and take an advocate with you, dear! Otherwise,

like Roxanna already taught me, they SCHOOLS) CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT--they are---she is RIGHT! We are going through this stuff (a bit different, but garbage NONE THE LESS!!! Take an advocate; reschedule!! They have to be understanding and sensitive to your needs, too, and 24 hours notice (or less) is hardly acceptable time to expect you to be prepared. They WILL have to provide the services, and they will probably tell you they can't and whatever they want; that is why we finally have a lawyer / our son's rights ARE being violated and we are trying to stop it but our name doesn't say ATTORNEY in front or behind it, so we say the right things but they are not doing it (our lawyer said we could not be doing anything and saying anything any better / he is just appalled with how we are being treated and ignored, and that they are doing NOTHING). Hang in there, Betty!! It WILL get better. ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub.

Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year

& next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

My husband is going with me + will be there too. I still am going to call our advacate by 9 this AM. Thanks Ruthie, Betty RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: Betty--This was the person I was hoping would respond to you. ROXANNA

is going to save all of our kids; her advise ROCKS!!! I would still ask to move the meeting to a time that YOU can take someone with you, and I am sure that Roxanna would probably support that, too, as you then have 'witnesses,' and surely they can do it on Monday or Tuesday, when YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO GO WITH YOU!! Ruthie ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........

refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has

askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

I WOULD NOT recommend it for our kids; sounds like your son is exactly like my 13 year old; we would go NUTS doing it!! We need the break from each other. I would certainly do tutoring (using tutors as the teachers for 'homeschooloing' idea). And, I would get a lawyer (not sure if an advocate you refer to can do the same thing--if so, do that---) but the SCHOOL CAN JUST PAY FOR IT--you should NOT have to; so, if you go that route, I guess it is homeschooling, just make sure the school pays for it, and follow the proper channels so you do not have to pay for it. You do not have to pay for it, and I would advocate first and make the school do the right things; otherwise, you may have a lawsuit; your child's right is to be in school!! You may be fixing things for other parents....we are finding out we are one of several families, at least 24, in our school advocating right now. Ruthie

( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty---------------------------------------------------------- oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

How did things turn out with the school?? Just curious; I know it may be a day or two (thinking you were getting away for the weekend)...but let us know.

Ruthie

( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty---------------------------------------------------------- oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Hey, I'm always for witnesses. <G> Kind of think I should be wearing a cape now....LOL

RoxannaAutism Happens

You should be (wearing a cape), Roxanna....you are soooo valuable, and KNOW what you are talking about!! We sure appreciate you....thanks again. Ruthie

Well the meeting went like this.. The Vo Tech person,our Principal, the school counselor, me & my DH. They wanted to go till at least January to get his 1 & 1/2 credits but he said No & he wouldn't budge. They said they would get someone to help him with his locker & still he said No he hated it. The Vo Tech lady said she knows the teacher was having trouble with some of the students & she was yelling & not for to take it personal still he said he wasn't going. She said she knows that that class is very loud & busy. He said he was not going & that was that. After them trying to talk him into going he broke down & started crying. I said to him that it was ok & that he probably wasn't the first person to quit going to Vo Tech,there was always next year if he wanted to try then,that maybe he wasn't ready. He was so relieved. Right now he is obsessing about what

he wants for Christmas...he wants a Wii. He usually starts every year around this time,every single day & goes on so much about it that he ends up crying then apologizing.Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: LOL, he is too funny. I remember who you are! They took the kids for a tour here too but my ds did not go. He told them he didn't want to go and they just let it slide. I was really ticked off when I found out later because

he ALWAYS says he doesn't want to do things that are different. You have to approach him differently and kind of push gently to get him to go and participate. They did not even bother. So it took us 2 years longer before he would go out to the "career center" and attend classes. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind

in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo

Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Hi Ruthie, thanks for asking. He told them at the meeting he was quiting & he stuck by that even though they said they would get someone to help him with his locker. The Vo tech person said she found out that the teacher was yelling at some kids in that class ( of 33) but she had talked to her & for not to take it personaly. She said if he went till Jan. he could get his 1 & 1/2 credits still he said he was not going & ended up crying ... that's when they knew he was done. But before that they were really trying to talk him into going. He is very relieved now. So today he has started his anual obessing about what he wants for Christmas. He always starts around this time every year. He goes on & on till he upsets himself so much he ends up crying his eyes out. Sigh....... RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: How did things turn out with the school?? Just curious; I know it may be a day or two (thinking you were getting away for the weekend)...but let us know. Ruthie ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular

teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start

him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty---------------------------------------------------------- oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos. Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

• 4 months later...

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Look at the friends your children currently have and consider if your child would be better off without their influence. The only friends you will lose through homeschooling are the ones you want to give up. You can still play with neighbors, church friends, scouting friends, soccer or Little League or T-ball friends, etc. Here is something I found helpful online when I was making the decision to homeschool: Socialization and Children with Asperger Syndrome Anybody who has been homeschooling more than twenty minutes knows that the most popular probing question from the masses is: "And what about socialization?" This is an especially bothersome question for families affected by Asperger Syndrome who want to homeschool. Since lack of social skills is one of the hallmarks of the child with AS, people

naturally assume that keeping a child home instead of exposing him to the social climate of school will just worsen the situation. The reverse is true, in my opinion, for the following reasons: 1. School has people, but that doesn't make it social. In fact, it is usually fairly anti-social since kids can be very cruel and bullies seem to be an ever-present part of the school experience. What is social about exposing our children to daily torment? Nothing. Children with Asperger Syndrome are natural targets for bullies and the situation frequently results in a tantrum, depression or violence, all of which could have been prevented by avoiding this "social" atmosphere. 2. Homeschooling does not mean denying social experiences. To the uninitiated, homeschooling conjures a picture of cloistering your child at home all the time. For most homeschoolers, nothing could be further from the truth. There are trips to the library and the park,

gatherings with other homeschoolers, and lessons and clubs that tie in with the child's interests. And, we still live in neighborhoods, still have extended family and friends, church and other social obligations. Homeschooling does not mean restricted movement but rather greater flexibility. 3. Social experiences tend to be more positive when done through home education. As homeschooling parents, we can monitor social gatherings to keep them positive. That is, we can pick and choose the activities, watch for bullies and intervene, head off other kinds of trouble, and teach our children with spontaneous social lessons "in the moment," (or make a note to discuss things later). In short, we are on deck. Finally and perhaps most importantly, we can steer our children gently homeward before sensory overload undermines the whole event. In school, our kids do not get the luxury of this kind of protection or customized teaching. It's usually a case of "sink or swim."

Our kids tend to do more sinking than swimming. 4. Homeschoolers may get more social opportunities out of their day. When we homeschooled, my son was in the comfort zone of his home surroundings for mornings of academic work, and that still left him with some energy in the afternoons and evenings to try other things. Parks department classes, bowling league, swimming lessons, and Boy Scouts were just some of the things he tried. When we stopped homeschooling and put him into a regular school, however, these fell away. He was too burned out from the school day to do anything else, and quit all outside activities. Although he'd wanted to try public school and did fine academically, the tradeoff was that he gained some very negative social experiences and lost some very positive ones. 5. The idea that our kids need the classroom experience of having positive role models around them every day is suspect. It's true that positive role models are better

than negative ones, but just placing our kids alongside peer-age so-called normal kids does not mean that they will intuitively pick up on proper behavior. In fact, their condition of Asperger Syndrome means they will NOT pick things up intuitively. Things like social graces, body language and speech pragmatics must be consciously, deliberately, and specifically taught, bit by bit. Unless the child has a one-to-one aide to provide full-time tutelage in these things and allow ample rehearsal time, not many social skills will be picked up. Contrast that with the home environment, where the parent does have the time and patience to teach these things and can provide a safe place for rehearsing them. 6. Finally, we need to measure by a different yardstick. Our kids with Asperger Syndrome do not typically need or want the same level of social interaction than their neurologically typical peers do. Not everyone wants to be surrounded by others all day long, have

large parties, or a dozen friends. Many of us (self included) cherish solitude, are happiest in our own company and function better with fewer social interactions. This is not abnormal, only different, and it should be honored. It is far better to have a little interaction and look forward to more another day, than to have too much interaction and suffer devastating consequences. In short, parents can rest easy that their home education program is probably doing more for their child's socialization than a public school counterpart could. The only dark side, and there is a dark side, is that our children will probably never be totally at ease in social situations and will always have a few challenges, no matter what we do. Asperger Syndrome is, after all, a lifelong condition. And because of that, there will always be someone ready to proclaim why our child seems socially inept. "It must be because he was homeschooled!" they will cluelessly proclaim. Sometimes,

you just can't win. Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote: Homework in itself was a BIG issue. He would run around the table screaming that he already did school work,that his brain was tired & home was not school. Oh the meltdowns! I would consider homeschooling as a very last resort. What about socializing with other kids when you homeschool? Thanks, Betty Diane <diane.martinmail (DOT) wvu.edu> wrote: Thought about homeschooling? Much better for the child and a whole lot less frustration for the parents !!I tried the rat race and IEP crap. I even tried 4 different schools in four years before coming to the right decision to homeschool.Just a thought !@! >>> "Roxanna" <madideaszoominternet (DOT) net> 9/28/2007 7:17 AM >>>Wow, yes. Sounds like a load of bull. They can provide what he needs - period. Ask them to show you the information in writing that says they cannot provide sped services. That would be interesting to read,

huh! Mostly because it doesn't exist. Makes you want to ask, "Does the IDEA have anything to do with this?" lolLet us know what happens. I do not appreciate sudden meetings like this unless it is to add services that a child obviously needs. Somehow I don't get the feeling that this place is planning that. I hope you get someone to come but if not, take notes and don't be pressured into anything sudden! Anything they tell you - ask for it in writing. We have a vo-tech program here in our county for all the county high schools. You don't have to attend if you don't want to. I am not sure why they say he has to or he won't graduate. You know, as a student with a disability, he does not have to graduate right away but he can stay in special education for several more years recieving services. So if it takes him a few years longer to acquire the number of credits to graduate, then that is just what it takes. Many kids here with AS/HFA delay graduation to take

necessary classes, basic living skills, or vo tech at school expense. This is the way the law works for our kids because they sometimes need more time and/or more services. It also sounds as if they did not bother to provide any sort of transitioning services for him but rather, just stuck him in a program and he is left on his own. This is just a recipe for disaster! Let us know how it goes!Good luck today!RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) What a Big Fat Mess here........ refuses to continue with going to Vo Tech. He completelylost his mind in his regular class yesterday. He was talking aboutwishing he could kill himself,throwing up the day before in schooletc. The school Psych called me 3 times & said he does not want togo to Vo Tech anymore. He has had a lot of changes this semester.First his regular teacher was in a bad car wreck & broke his back sohe has a sub. Second they have a new principal. Third he has a newvan & a new driver. Fourth at Vo Tech he can't operate his locker toget it opened. Fifth they have a lot of students in the class hetakes there. Sixth he gets yet another van & different van driver tocome

back home. He gets homework from school + homework from VoTech. In this last IEP it says "Special Education supports & services required in Jon's IEP can not be provided in theneighborhood school." WHY??? The school called me today & has askedus if we can have a meeting with them at 11 tomorrow. If he does notgo to Vo Tech then he will not get credits to graduate. He juststarted 10th grade. I can not get an advocate for tomorrow morning.Although I have made several calls. said the new principalsaid she was very upset with him & me because I said if this wasgoing to start him to talk & act out then he wasn't going to Vo Techthis year & next year he can start.What would you all have said & done? I need some fast help here....Betty---------------------------------------------------------- oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web

links. Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.