RemedySpot.com

son won't do anything, won't listen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We give our son an allowance. He empties all the trash bags and put new ones in the plastic trash bins, empties the dish washer, takes his dirty clothes to the wash room, helps put his clean clothes up, and helps me carry groceries from the car. And does anything else I might need help with. He still does not know how to make a bed good, but we are still working on that.

If he starts forgetting or just not doing these chores I tell him I will take a dollar off his allowance. And that usual gets him back on track. We think the allowance gives him an incentive to help around here. When he does something he shouldn't we take phone privileges away, or his video games, tv, etc. and this all helps him to get back on track. He's really a very cooperative kiddo, but they all has their moments.haha

His dad has tried to teach him to cut the lawn with a riding lawn mower, but he tends to ride over the already mowed parts and doesn't pay attention to where he is going, so sometimes it's almost not worth him doing it, but his dad is not giving up yet, he likes to help his dad.

But he'd rather be indoors. take care, pj

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.