the rule. We have always had major problems though if he didn’t

understand that he had broken the rule i.e. him jumping on the chair after he

was told not to jump on the couch. We had a major problem with this when

visiting relatives. They would see it as him just being a “smart-alecky”

and I was letting him get away with it. They just didn’t understand

that he really didn’t put the two together. At the time I had

nothing to explain (no diagnosis) it except that that was just how his brain

worked. I would always explain to them that they had to tell him not to

jump on the furniture if that was what they meant.

I was surprised though when I took away

his computer privileges for getting a C+ in history (the reason for the grade

was that he had not even attempted a major assignment or he would have had a B+

or A). He started to lose it but I explained to him that the C wasn’t

the issue. The issue was that he hadn’t even attempted the

assignment. I expect them to do their best and will accept what ever

grade that ends up with, but not even attempting an assignment is not doing

your best.

I always have trouble with his siblings

getting on the computer or watching tv when they are grounded from it. I

don’t have that problem with him though. He is happy with a book

though if he can’t play on the computer.

Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:01 PM

Subject: Re: ( )

Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to

handle

That's exactly how my son

is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something

taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if

he feels it was injustly taken away, we could certainly have a meltdown.

But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the consequence.

I think your son and my son are a lot alike. I've noticed it in your postings since I started participating in this group awhile ago. Your example below about not jumping on the couch/chair/furniture is right on with how my son thinks. I'm sure we do look like we are being pushovers in some instances but we know our children best. Have a great day!

Re: ( ) Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to handle

That's exactly how my son is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if he feels it was injustly taken away, we could certainly have a meltdown. But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the consequence.

Hello, on accepting consequences of behavior, my daughter,17,always did this well, too well. If I said "If you don't brush your teeth, you are not going" , She would have a meltdown because her teeth were not brushed at the moment and she assumed I ment now, this second. I should have said "Go brush your teeth , and then you can go. " Jerri MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: I think your son and my son are a lot alike. I've noticed it in your postings since I started participating in this group awhile ago. Your example below about not jumping on the couch/chair/furniture is right on with how my son thinks. I'm sure we do look like we are being pushovers in some instances but we know our children best. Have a great day! Re: ( ) Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to handle That's exactly how my son is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if he feels it was injustly taken away, we could certainly have a meltdown. But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the

consequence.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

>>>>>>>>>>>>My son has always been that way. He has always “willing” accepted the consequences if he knows he broke the rule. We have always had major problems though if he didn’t understand that he had broken the rule i.e. him jumping on the chair after he was told not to jump on the couch. We had a major problem with this when visiting relatives. They would see it as him just being a “smart-alecky” and I was letting him get away with it. They just didn’t understand that he really didn’t put the two together. At the time I had nothing to explain (no diagnosis) it except that that was just how his brain worked. I would always explain to them that they had to tell him not to jump on the furniture if that was what they meant.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ****That is exactly what happened to us this past summer. I told my son not to swim alone in the lake while he went for a walk. When he came home all 'wet'. I was so upset and told him he would not be allowed to go out alone for a walk again. He didn't understand that at all. I explained it is because you went in that lake after I told you not to !!, He said he never went into the lake. I said your all wet. He was so happy to PROVE to me he did listen and he didn't go into the lake. He went in another child's yard and went into their

pond. He told me I never said anything about a pond. I then said he can't go into any water, not even a puddle. Like you, don't jump on the furniture covers everything, couch, chair, bed etc... for us, don't go into the water covers: ponds, lakes, rivers, creeks etc... Just relating to your post.****** "smile"... MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: I think your son and my son are a lot alike. I've noticed it in your postings since I started participating in this group awhile ago. Your example below about not jumping on the couch/chair/furniture is right on with how my son thinks. I'm sure we do look like we are being pushovers in some instances but we know our children best. Have a great day! Re: ( ) Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to handle That's exactly how my son is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if he feels it was injustly taken away, we could

certainly have a meltdown. But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the consequence.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

The really tricky part is having one kid who usually can't make that leap and a younger child who can. Then you don't know who's on first, who's on second, etc... Gets crazy! So you just have to remember to break it down to the most black/white it can be in the first place. Funny how I know this but still trip up and am not clear enough sometimes. It use to frustrate me so much but now it tickles me more than anything (unless it was something dangerous - then I definitely get flustered!)

Re: ( ) Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to handle

That's exactly how my son is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if he feels it was injustly taken away, we could certainly have a meltdown. But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the consequence.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Mine does that too! I tell him he can't go if... and he has a meltdown. He must only hear the "he can't go" part. I have to remember how to word my sentences. Someone once said to say "When you... than you can..."Jerri Caspillo <motherbird11@...> wrote: Hello, on accepting consequences of behavior, my daughter,17,always did this well, too well. If I said "If you don't brush your teeth, you are not going" , She would have a meltdown because her teeth were not brushed at the moment and she assumed I ment now, this second. I should have

said "Go brush your teeth , and then you can go. " Jerri MacAllister <smacalli > wrote: I think your son and my son are a lot alike. I've noticed it in your postings since I started participating in this group awhile ago. Your example below about not jumping on the couch/chair/furniture is right on with how my son thinks. I'm sure we do look like we are being pushovers in some instances but we know our children best. Have a great day! Re: ( ) Re: Help! My son has asperger's with adhd and I need some advice on how to handle That's exactly how my son is too. Although he usually won't meltdown anymore if he has something taken away b/c he knows if it's gone, he deserved the consequence. Now if he feels it was injustly taken away, we could certainly have a meltdown. But I try to be super-fair about it and listen to him prior to the consequence. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

The only reason you have allergies and asthma is because you are not aware of the information in this book.

http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Asthma-Allergies-Lupus-Eradicate/dp/096299426X

This man was a Godsend, with his discovery and research, and again there is not way to patent water and celtic salt. You will not believe the testimonial letters to Dr. "Batman" from other MD's thanking him for removing and healing their children/grandchildren/ themselves of asthma and allergies.

The body has asthma and allergies because the body is "dehydrated"... and the only simple recourse is the get more water into the body, and a little salt. Yes, water, not juice, not gatorade, not milk, not coffee, not tea, not carbonated drinks.

I have personal experience with my now 15 year old grandson. He pooh poohed this at first, but 2

years ago playing football in the summer with NO BREATHING PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER caused him to believe. If he goes for some time without sufficient water intake and a little salt he can have a minor "attack", but if he drinks a large glass of water and places a little natural salt on his tongue, his attack subsides without any meds. The information is out there.

Dr. Batmangelij wrote many letters to the Government, presented many lectures world wide, attended many conferences world wide, but our young children still suffer tremendously from this disease - lack of sufficient water intake - but there is big money in it.

Read the book, judge the man, and start to make up your own minds. Never, never, never believe what anyone in "authority" tells you... unless of course that man is the big man upstairs, and the simple answer for asthma and allergies is "WATER"...

Take care,

Gene

From: aljuarez@... <aljuarez@...>Subject: Consequences Date: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 2:04 AM

bob luhrs writes: > I don't think beck's stuff gives anything horrific unless you have AIDS, etc and are debilitated. That's why need the Ozonated water, colloidal silver, pulser, etc. Normally the blood cleaner would be ideal for most people's infections and the dieoffs minimal..very minimal.*sigh* No, it may not GIVE you anything but that's why it would help if there were clear, very specific step-by-step instructions. Instead, there are conflicting instructions on various websites and generalities. Even though I have several health issues, I was thinking I was ready to give it a try and quickly get to the 2 hour a day level. WRONG! My respiratory problems, allergies and asthma with chronic bronchitis, got worse then they had in YEARS. I didn't have to see the doctor once last year except for routine monitoring of my diabetes and get new prescriptions but suddenly my allergies are worse

than ever, my asthma went out-of-whack and I got bronchitis which NOW has turned into pneumonia. Did the Beck protocol "cause" this? No. But I'm 100% certain it added to the stress on my liver which, in turn, blew the respiratory stuff out of proportion and may have set into play a sort of "domino effect." With hindsight, I would have done some SERIOUS liver cleansing and nourishing before starting. Do I think everyone needs this? Probably not but I would think it didn't hurt. Just like it wouldn't hurt folks to warn us that pH balance is very important and those of us who are very acidic are likely to get lesions from using the units. I'm learning as I go along and some of my friends are waiting, watching, thinking of doing the protocol, too, but leery of spending the money until they see some positive results. Yes, Bob Beck talked about how he dropped weight doing the protocol and

it was effortless, he wasn't deliberately dieting but his metabolism changed or whatever. Well, I've lost 10 lbs. in about 7 weeks of being on the protocol on and off but whether it's due to the protocol or due to the fact I keep getting sick is anyone's guess. I think it's the protocol because I've had bronchitis many, many, many times in my life and never lost a pound due to the illness so it seems a little stranged that this year things are suddenly different but, on the other hand, I never got pneumonia before. I'll just have to take it one step at a time and hope for the best. -