RemedySpot.com

Re: Great Pysch Appointment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh my!!! Poor ! He sounds a lot more mature than his mother.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) Great Pysch Appointment

had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty

that's good to hear Betty

hugs

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Author Ben

From: truegrittle@...Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:24:19 +0000Subject: ( ) Great Pysch Appointment

had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

He goes every week so he can't forget anything he needs to say. Thanks,Betty Lowry <flyballmom@...> wrote: that's good to hear Betty hugs Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." Author Ben From: truegrittle Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:24:19 +0000Subject: ( ) Great Pysch Appointment had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about

his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Actually more mature then both of his parents put together. Thanks,Betty Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Oh my!!! Poor ! He sounds a lot more mature than his mother. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) Great Pysch Appointment had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other

night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

He sounds like a wonderful boy. I'm so glad he got it out. We all seem to feel better when that happens. He made a very grown-up decision. He's very lucky to have you. Robintruegrittle <truegrittle@...> wrote: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a

long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take

care,Betty

Thanks Robin. He sure is a keeper. Take care,Betty and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: He sounds like a wonderful boy. I'm so glad he got it out. We all seem to feel better when that happens. He made a very grown-up decision. He's very lucky to have you. Robintruegrittle <truegrittle > wrote: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say

& do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

I really believe in therapy! I'm so glad got to "let it all out"! I'm sure he feels much better now!

That is an awful thing to say around the children. She needs therapy, too!

Deb

In a message dated 1/10/08 12:25:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, truegrittle@... writes:

had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns

& his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy

can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new

Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings.

I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other

night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not

listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out

of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth &

blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it

finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in

saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych

explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or

how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared

for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her.

The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so

much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!

Take care,Betty

Debbie Salerno

Maine Coon Rescue

Board Member

DNA Manager

Eastern Regional Director

Vice President

www.mainecoonrescue.com

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

http://www.animalrescuelinks.org

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

I wonder if, when says he loves his mother and wants to visit with her. If that means, She is 's mother., and he knows she needs help, so he wants to visit with her to help her? (because she is his mom)? Just a thought. I haven't been on this site daily but do check in once in a while. this post was the first I've read about athan. So, If I'm way off, sorry. Rosetruegrittle <truegrittle@...> wrote: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants

but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi Rose, you could be right about that. He says he knows she is not a good mother but he loves her still. (Unconditional love) And I said I wouldn't have it any other way He is way smarter then she is. Take care,Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: I wonder if, when says he loves his mother and wants to visit with her. If that means,

She is 's mother., and he knows she needs help, so he wants to visit with her to help her? (because she is his mom)? Just a thought. I haven't been on this site daily but do check in once in a while. this post was the first I've read about athan. So, If I'm way off, sorry. Rosetruegrittle <truegrittle > wrote: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other

kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty Never miss a thing. Make your

homepage.

Most definitely. Betty debmetsfan@... wrote: I really believe in therapy! I'm so glad got to "let it all out"! I'm sure he feels much better now!That is an awful thing to say around the children. She needs therapy, too!DebIn a message dated

1/10/08 12:25:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, truegrittle writes: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it

finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,BettyDebbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberDNA ManagerEastern Regional DirectorVice

Presidentwww.mainecoonrescue.com ~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.- Ralph Waldo Emerson~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~http://www.animalrescuelinks.org**************Start the year off

right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

As a person that took foster parenting classes to be licensed foster parents and an abuse survivor myself (and therapized to the max.....), I can say the following:

1. It is TOTALLY NORMAL to love your parent, even if they are abusive; not EVERYTHING about them is abusive!!

2. It is okay to HATE the abusive part but love the person / respect them for whom they are.

3. She IS his mom, and no one else can ever understand that feeling; imagine how YOU would feel if your children did not want to see you? Or, how that makes you feel when they say they don't want to??

4. IS a part of his mom; find the good parts and point 'em out, but EVERYONE IS A PART OF THE PERSON WE HATE OR WHATEVER----in cases like this---but to say she is bad, is saying JONATHAN is bad----you may not agree, but if you think about it, it is sooooo true----and to do that beats beating it up----to keep him from her will make him do things you are not wanting (ever told your child not to date the creep and they do anyway? Or, someone told YOU growing up to avoid so-and-so, and you did not (wished later you had but you did not??)...that is what happens when we work to keep people away.

5. I do agree it sounds like these VISITS SHOULD BE SUPERVISED NOW, and I would suggest asking the therapist PRIVATELY (not in front of ) about that, and what she / he thinks....you would want THEIR support.

Good luck, Betty...I pray for all of you every day.....Ruthie

Re: ( ) Great Pysch Appointment

I wonder if, when says he loves his mother and wants to visit with her. If that means, She is 's mother., and he knows she needs help, so he wants to visit with her to help her? (because she is his mom)? Just a thought. I haven't been on this site daily but do check in once in a while. this post was the first I've read about athan. So, If I'm way off, sorry.

Rosetruegrittle <truegrittle > wrote:

had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Betty, I'm sure what you just said is true in lots of situations. But not in every. wants to see his parents, even though they do have issues. there are children that are abused and do ask questions and don't want anything to do with their parents. with proper explaining "age appropriate" children can understand that a parent is sick right now, and for their safety, its best to keep away and give them time to get professional help. I'm assuming there is no physical abuse but the mental/emotional abuse is just as bad and will stay with a child for a very long time. continuing to visit a parent that says abusive things to a child like "killing herself" also can make the child feel responsible, maybe to stay their longer to protect the parent from harm. (causing more emotional stress on themselves) The choice shouldn't be the child's at such a traumatic time. It should be the psychiatrist and the

Guardian. If the visits need to continue because of the emotional state of the child. This should be explained in court (parents condition) ask the court to ordered counseling for the parent and supervisor visits. Its sad because either way, it still effects this child. If the child continues visits, its emotional for this child "seeing a mentally sick parent" and if this child stops visits for a while to give the parent a chance to "get well". this child feels he needs to be there to protect the parent, worries, and its still emotional for him. <<<<< Maybe if all visits were to stop, (temporary) until both "parents & child" focus on therapy and themselves, and at a later date, meet again with supervised visits?.>>>>>nothing 'bad' has to be said about the parents, just that the parents need professional help at this

time. glad to hear the child is getting help. RoseBRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: As a person that took foster parenting classes to be licensed foster parents and an abuse survivor myself (and therapized to the max.....), I can say the following: 1. It is TOTALLY NORMAL to love your parent, even if they are abusive; not EVERYTHING about them is abusive!! 2. It is

okay to HATE the abusive part but love the person / respect them for whom they are. 3. She IS his mom, and no one else can ever understand that feeling; imagine how YOU would feel if your children did not want to see you? Or, how that makes you feel when they say they don't want to?? 4. IS a part of his mom; find the good parts and point 'em out, but EVERYONE IS A PART OF THE PERSON WE HATE OR WHATEVER----in cases like this---but to say she is bad, is saying JONATHAN is bad----you may not agree, but if you think about it, it is sooooo true----and to do that beats beating it up----to keep him from her will make him do things you are not wanting (ever told your child not to date the creep and they do anyway? Or, someone told YOU growing up to avoid so-and-so, and you did not (wished later you had but you did not??)...that is what happens when we work to keep people away. 5. I do agree it

sounds like these VISITS SHOULD BE SUPERVISED NOW, and I would suggest asking the therapist PRIVATELY (not in front of ) about that, and what she / he thinks....you would want THEIR support. Good luck, Betty...I pray for all of you every day.....Ruthie Re: ( ) Great Pysch Appointment I wonder if, when says he loves his mother and wants to visit with her. If that means, She is 's mother., and he knows she needs help, so he wants to visit with her to help her? (because she is his mom)? Just a thought. I haven't been on this site daily but do check in once in a while. this post was the first I've read about athan. So, If I'm way off, sorry. Rosetruegrittle <truegrittle > wrote: had a good long talk with his psych yesterday about meltdowns & his mother & all the Christmas stress he had. I am so happy can be open to this new psych & also to be able to open up for his new Therapist. We were in there for a long time talking about

his feelings. I found out about why Jon was crying at the table the other night...Jon's mom couldn't handle the other kids fighting & not listening so she had a meltdown & was screaming & crying.. really out of control I guess & said she felt like putting a gun in her mouth & blowing her head off. This was a few months ago that she said that & it finally came out. She has multi dx's herself but she was wrong in saying that around the kids even if she did feel that way. Psych explained to Jon that we can't change people or what the say & do or how they act. Psych told to visit if he wants but be prepared for anything. said he loved his mother & wanted to visit her. The Dr said that was ok to love her & want to visit. feels so much better getting that load of his chest. Poor guy!Take care,Betty Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.