RemedySpot.com

Re: Help! Where do I go from here?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello & welcome. This group is a very caring one & someone will always have an answer for you. Feel free to jump right in & comment or venting is another way to blow off steam here. What went on last night? Exactly what was he doing? W are raising our now 15yr old Grandson was is dx'd with Asperger/Bipolar/OCD?Chronic Motor Tic Disorder. Take care,Betty D <sparkyz5@...> wrote: I have a seven year old son with an amazingly high IQ who was recently diagnosed with Asperger's. The big

clue was my son's lack of socialization with the other children ... previous teachers kept telling us he was immature, but never offered any reasons for his preference to play alone. several doctors later we finally had our questions answered. I thought we as his aprents were on the right track and working on educating ourselves. he has a therapist who is helping him develop social skills (still working on getting a good OT). Last night he had what was either a nightmarish anxiety attack that lasted 2 hours or some sort of seizure. the neurologist is scheduling him for an EEG. I thought I was handling everything so well, but after I finally was able to get him to sleep ... well lets say I had my own meltdown. My 18 year old suggested a support group, but Ihaven't been able tolocate one here in San . I happened to luck on this group - I finally feel not so alone! Any and all information is welcomed and greatly

appreciated!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Debbie,

I'm in Austin, TX. I'm here for you if you need me. Going through the tests can be hard emotionally, but I'd be happy to be part of your support system. Email me at smacalli@... if/when you need me.

Take care,

( ) Help! Where do I go from here?

I have a seven year old son with an amazingly high IQ who was recently diagnosed with Asperger's. The big clue was my son's lack of socialization with the other children ... previous teachers kept telling us he was immature, but never offered any reasons for his preference to play alone. several doctors later we finally had our questions answered. I thought we as his aprents were on the right track and working on educating ourselves. he has a therapist who is helping him develop social skills (still working on getting a good OT). Last night he had what was either a nightmarish anxiety attack that lasted 2 hours or some sort of seizure. the neurologist is scheduling him for an EEG. I thought I was handling everything so well, but after I finally was able to get him to sleep ... well lets say I had my own meltdown. My 18 year old suggested a support group, but Ihaven't been able tolocate one here in

San . I happened to luck on this group - I finally feel not so alone! Any and all information is welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Welcome! Feel free to join in anytime you like! We definitely do parent meltdowns here. <G>

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) Help! Where do I go from here?

I have a seven year old son with an amazingly high IQ who was recently diagnosed with Asperger's. The big clue was my son's lack of socialization with the other children ... previous teachers kept telling us he was immature, but never offered any reasons for his preference to play alone. several doctors later we finally had our questions answered. I thought we as his aprents were on the right track and working on educating ourselves. he has a therapist who is helping him develop social skills (still working on getting a good OT). Last night he had what was either a nightmarish anxiety attack that lasted 2 hours or some sort of seizure. the neurologist is scheduling him for an EEG. I thought I was handling everything so well, but after I finally was able to get him to sleep ... well lets say I had my own meltdown. My 18 year old suggested a support group, but Ihaven't been able tolocate one here in San . I happened to luck on this group - I finally feel not so alone! Any and all information is welcomed and greatly appreciated!