RemedySpot.com

Re: help and school

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you've thought about homeschooling him..........at least get some info on it. We took Ian out after last year and he's a new kid. We're a new family. We were at the end.....honestly. For us, anyway, taking him out of a situation that was only negative for him,,,whether we tried to help or not,,,,or whether he needed to "learn" how to be like everyone else or not,,,,,,,took away the stress. He talks to us, now. He smiles....jokes. He does his work..........sometimes with prodding.....but he's doing incredibly well. (We do a virtual public school,,,so we just follow the curriculum). Anyway,,,,,sometimes a change won't make it worse.....it might make it better. Good luck and keep us posted. RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

i wish I could home school but I almost dislike school as much as he does so me try and teach him (that would just be child abuse) because we would just go to the mall and movies and that would be it. Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

your life and your son's may just get better with home schooling

hugs

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Author Ben

From: pjpoo78363@...Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:22:27 -0800Subject: ( ) help and school

I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school.

I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him.

Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today!

How do you do the virtual school at home? Who would I contact? Patti

Re: ( ) help and school

If you've thought about homeschooling him......... .at least get some info on it.

We took Ian out after last year and he's a new kid. We're a new family.

We were at the end.....honestly.

For us, anyway, taking him out of a situation that was only negative for him,,,whether we tried to help or not,,,,or whether he needed to "learn" how to be like everyone else or not,,,,,,,took away the stress.

He talks to us, now.

He smiles....jokes.

He does his work........ ..sometimes with prodding.... .but he's doing incredibly well. (We do a virtual public school,,,so we just follow the curriculum).

Anyway,,,,,sometime s a change won't make it worse.....it might make it better.

Good luck and keep us posted.

RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363 (DOT) com> wrote:

I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school.

I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him.

Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

, LOL, the mall and movies does sound like a nice treat... hahaha I also hate school, but that makes me stronger to 'push' my kids to get a good/better education. Also, that's why I couldn't home school either. But Ruthie has lots of great ideas on homeschooling. Ruthie - you go girl.. !!!! for me, after the mall, I will have to get a large latte...My kids order a hot chocolate 'not to hot' with whipped cream...but as a treat after taking test and doing their best. At the end of the year, last day of school, we all look at the report cards together. If they did excellent with attendance, and their best with their grades... We have a special spot, a really cool ice cream restaurant (which is inside an old farm house) that we only go to at their last day of school. we go there and have a special treat...that spot is special for us because we only go once a

year. They also love going there too. I remind them of that reward every once in a while when things get tough. Rose <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: i wish I could home school but I almost dislike school as much as he does so me try and teach him (that would just be child abuse) because we would just go to the mall and movies and that would be it. Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make

your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

First,,,you'd need to see if your state has them. I'd google "virtual school and then your state". If you have one,,,,,,even if it's NOT in your area,,,,,,,,call them and ask away!!!! I believe you'd have to enroll in the 1st 2 weeks of Feb (Open enrollment = school choice laws). Even if you choose NOT to do it,,,,enroll. You can always stay where you are. They are considered public schools,,,,,,,,,,,so you'd simply be changing your school district (on paper). If you have any more q's....feel free to ask. Have a great day! RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: How do you do the virtual school at home? Who would I contact? Patti Re: ( ) help and school If you've thought about homeschooling him......... .at least get some info on it. We took Ian out after last year and he's a new kid. We're a new family. We were at the

end.....honestly. For us, anyway, taking him out of a situation that was only negative for him,,,whether we tried to help or not,,,,or whether he needed to "learn" how to be like everyone else or not,,,,,,,took away the stress. He talks to us, now. He smiles....jokes. He does his work........ ..sometimes with prodding.... .but he's doing incredibly well. (We do a virtual public school,,,so we just follow the curriculum). Anyway,,,,,sometime s a change won't make it worse.....it might make it better. Good luck and keep us posted. RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363 (DOT) com> wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going

to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Ok so I am not alone on the mall and Starbucks LOL thanks Rose..Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: , LOL, the mall and movies does sound like a nice treat... hahaha I also hate school, but that makes me stronger to 'push' my kids to get a good/better education. Also, that's why I couldn't home school either. But Ruthie has lots of great ideas on homeschooling. Ruthie - you go girl.. !!!! for me, after the mall, I will have to get a large latte...My kids order

a hot chocolate 'not to hot' with whipped cream...but as a treat after taking test and doing their best. At the end of the year, last day of school, we all look at the report cards together. If they did excellent with attendance, and their best with their grades... We have a special spot, a really cool ice cream restaurant (which is inside an old farm house) that we only go to at their last day of school. we go there and have a special treat...that spot is special for us because we only go once a year. They also love going there too. I remind them of that reward every once in a while when things get tough. Rose <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: i wish I could home school but I almost dislike school as much as he does so me try and teach him (that would just be child

abuse) because we would just go to the mall and movies and that would be it. Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

As a new home-schooling mom this year of my 2nd grader, I must admit that the first 4 months were tough. I had always worked, and quit to homeschool, which I've always wanted to do, and to get projects done around the home. I started the year with a NEW ATTITUDE for myself, and it has made such a difference in my day to day activities, including the schooling. We still also volunteer at the school 1/2 day per week. My son actually is MUCH better!! The stress of school and all it entails has virtually disappeared!! Don't let other people make your decisions for you, if you feel you want to, at least give it a shot. Good luck. J. Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I go through the same thing with my son, he is good about doing his homework, but the going to school, I feel like such a failure when my husband calls me later in the day and ask me if he went to school. I feel so drained at the end of the day too, I've thought of home schooling him, my mom keeps telling me I wouldn't have a life of my own if I do, she lives with me and she sees what I go through sometimes with him. Just need to let off some steam. haha thanks Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.