RemedySpot.com

Re: School and my Son

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel

<truegrittle@...> wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30

<jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

I don't want to say,,,"Try some meds"....and I don't know if you have on anything....but my 11 1/2 yr old sounded like this. He just got angrier and angrier. He was on Focalin for ADHD symptoms. Anyway,,,,,,,we decided to try Respirdal for the anger since sometimes ADHD meds (which are usually stimulants) seem to almost cause aggression and anger and frustration...... It was a wonderful thing. I was a doubter. Totally. But we were to a point that our family was not a good family anymore. The other kids knew to be quiet whenever Ian was mad.........they didn't play anymore. Everyone seemed to just be on edge. It was awful. We also pulled him out of school at the end of 5th grade last year. That helped incredibly. We now see that it wasn't the work.......he does the work. It was simply the "surroundings" that tensed him up so badly that he

couldn't function as he thankfully, does now. Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know your whole situation.....but you may want to chat with your doc? Good luck and keep us posted. Robin <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was

upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then

it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Yep that is my son he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee@...> wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know we

are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

with our kids, they do know what they can get away with. then the next time you are firm and stand your grounds, they will learn that they can 'act out' a little longer to get their way. My son will try me too....hummm, I don't want myself or him to get stressed out over school work or homework either. He tries to get the answer from me instead of trying for himself. I'll tell him, if you don't want to do it, put your books away and you & I will see your teacher tomorrow, first thing. I make him responsible and tell him, He will have to explain to the teacher why the work isn't complete or if its wrong, and why it's wrong...(didn't understand) then he can do it after school with "his" teacher. I've stood by that since 1st grade. He's been doing his homework and when he says he doesn't understand a math problem. I'll write that- right on his worksheet 'that he doesn't understand it', please

explain it to him!. He does get good marks on all his test ''''because''' I don't give him the answers on his homework/and the teacher See's what he doesn't understand and explains it to him. by the time a test comes, he gets 100%. but his average is low because of his homework mark. For now, I feel this is OK, because he is learning and understanding his work. He is also being made responsible for his choices. My point is: IMO, it all starts at home. and in the real world, its not that easy, and he will have a harder time adjusting when things don't go >>>his way<<<... Don't feel bad for teaching & being firm with your son. Feel bad if the authorities have to do it... HUGS Rosejjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him.

I think that is what is so great about this group we can see that we are not the only one going thru this, there are others out there going thru the same sturggles, it is so easy to get overwelhemed just this morning he was dragging his feet so bad and he did not get his homework done again last night so now he will have that to do plus whatevre he gets tongiht and whatever he doesnt get done in class because he is distracted, it is like a never ending cycle and the semester is almost over and his grades are D and F's i just dont know how to help him anymore than i am, and than i feel so tired and than i feel guilty for feeeling so tired and frustrated, but you guys at least make me feel like i am not alone thanks kimberly <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: Yep that is my son he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know

we are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

, If your son is getting distracted in school, what are they doing to minimize the distraction? I also went through this with my son. (3rd grade) the work that wasn't finished in school was sent home with his homework.(easy day for teacher) So, it would take my son hours to do his home work. I called a meeting and asked why is his school work being sent home? (what is he doing in school)? they said they sent his school work home because he didn't finish it in class. I asked why? <<< if the class is distracting, the teacher doesn't have control of the class>>> After feeling the hate from their eyes staring at me !!! I didn't care.. they had to come up with a quiet spot for him to get that extra help with his school work. test are taken in an empty classroom, and

his school work needs to be completed in school, with help, in a quiet spot.. Yes, this does sound too simple..(when just reading my response) it wasn't... I had taken my son for a 4 hr.'''' CAPT '''' testing that justified what I was stating...they wrote up strategies and recommendations for my son, and the team at school to follow. They saw improvement and are still continuing it..he is still doing well. no more school work coming home... sad to say, we all have to do lots of research to help our kids, lots of paper work, appointments, and communicating with the school/teachers. or, the school will just put all the work out to us moms at home. Which I experienced already.. they will say, everybody has that same problem.. which doesn't make it right.. or there favorite in our school. " we don't see it' Which I will show them.. Rose kim galarza <kimbeebee@...> wrote: I think that is what is so great about this group we can see that we are not the only one going thru this, there are others out there going thru the same sturggles, it is so easy to get overwelhemed just this morning he was dragging his feet so bad and he did not get his homework done again last night so now he will have that to do plus whatevre he gets tongiht and whatever he doesnt get done in class because he is

distracted, it is like a never ending cycle and the semester is almost over and his grades are D and F's i just dont know how to help him anymore than i am, and than i feel so tired and than i feel guilty for feeeling so tired and frustrated, but you guys at least make me feel like i am not alone thanks kimberly <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Yep that is my son he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that

all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know we are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

(()) here's a couple of hugs for you hon. I would google Asperger Syndrome & print it out for the husband & teacher. That's what I did for everyone since they thought he could help the way he was...Not! That helped them know what to expect & how to deal with it. As far as homework mine did not get it & would not absolutely refused any type of homework. Lots of Asperger kids meltdown with homework issues because as my grandson used to say," I do work all day at school then I am done, I come home so my time at home is for home not school stuff & my brain is tired." We have it in his IEP "No Homework." Keep up the good work. Take care,Betty <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just

know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Rose, good for you.! You are fighting the fight. We have to. Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: , If your son is getting distracted in school, what are they doing to minimize the distraction? I also went through this with my son. (3rd grade) the work that wasn't finished in school was sent home

with his homework.(easy day for teacher) So, it would take my son hours to do his home work. I called a meeting and asked why is his school work being sent home? (what is he doing in school)? they said they sent his school work home because he didn't finish it in class. I asked why? <<< if the class is distracting, the teacher doesn't have control of the class>>> After feeling the hate from their eyes staring at me !!! I didn't care.. they had to come up with a quiet spot for him to get that extra help with his school work. test are taken in an empty classroom, and his school work needs to be completed in school, with help, in a quiet spot.. Yes, this does sound too simple..(when just reading my response) it wasn't... I had taken my son for a 4 hr.'''' CAPT '''' testing that justified what I was stating...they wrote up

strategies and recommendations for my son, and the team at school to follow. They saw improvement and are still continuing it..he is still doing well. no more school work coming home... sad to say, we all have to do lots of research to help our kids, lots of paper work, appointments, and communicating with the school/teachers. or, the school will just put all the work out to us moms at home. Which I experienced already.. they will say, everybody has that same problem.. which doesn't make it right.. or there favorite in our school. " we don't see it' Which I will show them.. Rose kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: I think that is what is so great about this group we can

see that we are not the only one going thru this, there are others out there going thru the same sturggles, it is so easy to get overwelhemed just this morning he was dragging his feet so bad and he did not get his homework done again last night so now he will have that to do plus whatevre he gets tongiht and whatever he doesnt get done in class because he is distracted, it is like a never ending cycle and the semester is almost over and his grades are D and F's i just dont know how to help him anymore than i am, and than i feel so tired and than i feel guilty for feeeling so tired and frustrated, but you guys at least make me feel like i am not alone thanks kimberly <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Yep that is my son he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and

turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know we are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Kim, has 3 F's and has a 1.6 GPA. He has homework club and we just got him a tutor that we found on craigslist.com and she helps him finish his homework and look over his to do list? He just started this but I think its working, (crossing my fingers)kim galarza <kimbeebee@...> wrote: I think that is what is so great about this group we can see that we are not the only one going thru this, there are others out there going thru the same sturggles, it is so easy to get overwelhemed just this morning he was dragging his feet so bad and

he did not get his homework done again last night so now he will have that to do plus whatevre he gets tongiht and whatever he doesnt get done in class because he is distracted, it is like a never ending cycle and the semester is almost over and his grades are D and F's i just dont know how to help him anymore than i am, and than i feel so tired and than i feel guilty for feeeling so tired and frustrated, but you guys at least make me feel like i am not alone thanks kimberly <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Yep that is my son he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know we are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Thank you Betty. My husband baught him self a book but I don't think has really read it also I sent him the web sight for NLD I am not sure if he read that either he is busy but he should take the time to try. Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote: (()) here's a couple of hugs for you hon. I would google Asperger Syndrome & print it out for the husband & teacher. That's what I did for everyone since they thought he could help the way he was...Not! That helped them

know what to expect & how to deal with it. As far as homework mine did not get it & would not absolutely refused any type of homework. Lots of Asperger kids meltdown with homework issues because as my grandson used to say," I do work all day at school then I am done, I come home so my time at home is for home not school stuff & my brain is tired." We have it in his IEP "No Homework." Keep up the good work. Take care,Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just

ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at

the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Does your son go to Counseling? If so maybe dad can sit in with him. Betty <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: Thank you Betty. My husband baught him self a book but I don't think has really read it also I sent him the web sight for NLD I am not sure if he read that either he is busy but he should take the time to try.

Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: (()) here's a couple of hugs for you hon. I would google Asperger Syndrome & print it out for the husband & teacher. That's what I did for everyone since they thought he could help the way he was...Not! That helped them know what to expect & how to deal with it. As far as homework mine did not get it & would not absolutely refused any type of homework. Lots of Asperger kids meltdown with homework issues because as my grandson used to say," I do work all day at school then I am done, I come home so my time at home is for home not school stuff & my brain is tired." We have it in his IEP "No Homework." Keep up the good work. Take care,Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a

ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great

kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make

your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

No he doesn't. Its hard to find a child counseler in Brentwood but I read that there is a lot in Seattle WA were we will be moving in June. Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote: Does your son go to Counseling? If so maybe dad can sit in with him. Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Thank you Betty. My husband baught him self a book but I don't think has really read it also I sent him the web sight for NLD I am not sure if he read that either he is busy but he should take the time to try. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: (()) here's a couple of hugs for you hon. I would google Asperger Syndrome & print it out for the husband & teacher. That's what I did for everyone since they thought he could help the way he was...Not! That helped them know what to expect & how to deal with it. As far as homework mine did not get it & would not absolutely refused any type of homework. Lots of Asperger kids meltdown with homework issues because as my grandson used to say," I do work all

day at school then I am done, I come home so my time at home is for home not school stuff & my brain is tired." We have it in his IEP "No Homework." Keep up the good work. Take care,Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much

stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

That's good. Get him in. betty <jjgonzalez30@...> wrote: No he doesn't. Its hard to find a child counseler in Brentwood but I read that there is a lot in Seattle WA were we will be moving in June. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: Does your son go to Counseling? If so maybe dad can sit in with him. Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Thank you Betty. My husband baught him self a book but I don't think has really read it also I sent him the web sight for NLD I am not sure if he read that either he is busy but he should take the time to try. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: (()) here's a couple of hugs for you hon. I would google Asperger Syndrome & print it out for the husband & teacher. That's what I did for everyone since they thought he could help the way he was...Not! That

helped them know what to expect & how to deal with it. As far as homework mine did not get it & would not absolutely refused any type of homework. Lots of Asperger kids meltdown with homework issues because as my grandson used to say," I do work all day at school then I am done, I come home so my time at home is for home not school stuff & my brain is tired." We have it in his IEP "No Homework." Keep up the good work. Take care,Betty <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: I know I am trying. I just feel so bad when he is just so angry. At times he comes home from school so angry and can't even really tell me why he is so

angry and it just ruins his whole night. Today he was upset at his teacher for telling me that he wasn't completing his homework. But I told him that is her job and it is my job to make sure he gets an education. But as he is getting older the attitude is getting so much stronger... My husband travels a lot and since we just got the diagnosed of having Aspergers and NLD he still doesn't quite understand. He thinks our son will just know not to do certain things and I tell him he just doesn't understand why you are being so mean. right now I am just have a ruff time. Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: No matter how tired you are you must stuck to your guns. Believe me they need to know that you mean business or they think they can take over & you don't want that. Can you let your

husband deal with him at the end of the night? If not then it's up to you to stand firm. He needs to know you are going to. Take care,Betty jjgonzalez30 <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him. Looking for last

minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Stick to your guns as you know you are doing what is good for him. Another idea, though, is to start letting him know why he has to do what he has to do. They did this is middle school with my ds and it helped a lot. He was not always doing his work and so his sped teacher would chat with him and tell him why he had to do that assignment. She would say, "I know you hate writing poetry but in order to pass 8th grade, you have to pass English class and in order to do that, you have to do this assignment." Then she would help him organize and get it done. But it went a lot smoother once he was cooperating.

Maybe find some fun things you can do with him as well so you are not "always" the "enforcer" but also having fun times with him as well. You could try to combine those two things and have something set up to where if he does something he is giving you a hard time about for the week, you will do something special with him on the weekend.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) School and my Son

My 12 year old son just dislikes school, homework and me telling him what to do. He is a great kid but now I have to be firm and stick to what I need him to do.. But he hold a grudge and I am the only one he does this to and by the end of the night I am just so tired and feel so bad. I at times just let him have his way which I know isn't good but I am just not sure what to do with him.

What a day to ask that question. This has been one hell of a day. I don't know if it affects others,,,,,,,but 2 days before a full moon, our household goes totally insane. Yes,,,,,it is hard on some days. Sometimes,,,,it's great and then we're done just "like that". Other days is just awesome. BUT,,,,,,,,,the thing is,,,when it's too much,,,,at least he's here and not there being sent to a room to get him away from others. At least here,,,,,I can let him take the break that helps him and not just the break that makes him angry and sad and embarrassed and look like a fool to the rest of the school. So,,,,,,,,,,the honest answer for us is,,,,,yes. It's hard sometimes. But it's totally worth it. Robin Essenfeld <lessen@...> wrote: For those of you homeschooling, is getting them to do the work a problem? <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Kim, has 3 F's and has a 1.6 GPA. He has homework club and we just got him a tutor that we found on craigslist.com and she helps him finish his homework and look over his to do list? He just started this but I think its working, (crossing my fingers)kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: I think that is what is so great about this group we can see that we are not the only one going thru this, there are others out there going thru the same sturggles, it is so easy to get overwelhemed just this morning he was dragging his feet so bad and he did not get his homework done again last night so now he will have that to do plus whatevre he gets tongiht and whatever he doesnt get done in class because he is distracted, it is like a never ending cycle and the semester is almost over and his grades are D and F's i just dont know how to help him anymore than i am, and than i feel so tired and than i feel guilty for feeeling so tired and frustrated, but you guys at least make me feel like i am not alone thanks kimberly <jjgonzalez30 > wrote: Yep that is my son

he loses his homework or he left it some were or he finished it and turned it in when he hasn't.kim galarza <kimbeebee > wrote: Wow are you at my house, we deal with the same thing all night long every night after school and than the weekends are the same things, sometimes it seems that all we do is deal with trying to get him to do his school work and than alot of times he loses it before he can turn in it and than we have to start all over again, but I know that we just have to keep on him and let him know we are not going to give up so he cant either kimberly Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.