RemedySpot.com

Re: reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!?

This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class.

The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids.

Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha

If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help.

Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy!

trisha rice

Trisha,

where in Texas are you from, I would love to have my child attend a school like this.pj

RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!?

This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class.

The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids.

Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha

If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help.

Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy!

trisha rice

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I totally agree with Trisha regarding how much difference an

appropriate educational setting makes for our kids. We, too, live in

Texas and I became totally disillusioned with the public school system in this

state as far as education for kids like my youngest. The final straw was

at an ARD meeting last May to address some issues. The assistant

principal, who was already on my last nerve, made this statement at the

meeting, “I will meet with all of Tyler’s teachers today to make

sure they understand and are following his IEP.” FOR THE LOVE OF

PETE, THIS WAS LESS THAN THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE END OF SCHOOL. WHAT DO

YOU MEAN, “MAKE SURE HIS TEACHERS UNDERSTAND AND ARE FOLLOWING HIS

IEP”???? Well, to make a very long story short, we put Tyler in a

private school this year that is specifically designed for kids with Aspergers,

POS, ADHD, etc. He has blossomed in this school and is so much happier

– and so are his father and me!! Now, don’t get

me wrong, we still have issues, concerns, etc., but Tyler likes school, is

making A’s and B’s in a rigorous curriculum, and feels good about

himself. There are no more than 4-6 students per class, they get two

breaks as well as 45 minutes for lunch and to go outside or whatever. The

teachers truly care about these kids and it shows! Finally, I have hope

that Tyler will be able to go to college (though probably live at home - he

lives with his dad - for at least the first two years), get a job, and live on

his own at some point. I just wish we had done this years ago.

I feel so fortunate that I am blessed and his father and I can

afford to send him to a private school. I am also saddened to think of

the many kids whose parents cannot afford to send them to a school that will

meet their needs. But, this school does offer scholarships and I am

actively involved in planning the auction that is set for next month to help

provide money for the scholarship fund.

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Trisha Rice

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:49 PM

Subject: RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy

reply!

Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly

because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some

things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him

when he was done, but he said, " not yet - I want to do an extra

page. " How many of your kids say that?!?

This school is based on research over many years. They have

replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have

2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30

minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise

teacher sometimes lets them " earn " an extra recess. Each

student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular

basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher

has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in

that class.

The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no

student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing

to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to

siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids

will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps

keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids.

Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the

difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as

stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I

am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these

days. More like 22/7 hahaha

If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life

miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in

placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst

place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get

the school district to help.

Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how

fabulous it is to see my kids happy!

trisha rice

- where in Texas are you and did you go through due process?

trisha

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:56 PM Subject: RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

I totally agree with Trisha regarding how much difference an appropriate educational setting makes for our kids. We, too, live in Texas and I became totally disillusioned with the public school system in this state as far as education for kids like my youngest. The final straw was at an ARD meeting last May to address some issues. The assistant principal, who was already on my last nerve, made this statement at the meeting, “I will meet with all of Tyler’s teachers today to make sure they understand and are following his IEP.” FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, THIS WAS LESS THAN THREE WEEKS BEFORE THE END OF SCHOOL. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, “MAKE SURE HIS TEACHERS UNDERSTAND AND ARE FOLLOWING HIS IEP”???? Well, to make a very long story short, we put Tyler in a private school this year that is specifically designed for kids with Aspergers, POS, ADHD, etc. He has blossomed in this school and is so much happier – and so are his father and me!! Now, don’t get me wrong, we still have issues, concerns, etc., but Tyler likes school, is making A’s and B’s in a rigorous curriculum, and feels good about himself. There are no more than 4-6 students per class, they get two breaks as well as 45 minutes for lunch and to go outside or whatever. The teachers truly care about these kids and it shows! Finally, I have hope that Tyler will be able to go to college (though probably live at home - he lives with his dad - for at least the first two years), get a job, and live on his own at some point. I just wish we had done this years ago.

I feel so fortunate that I am blessed and his father and I can afford to send him to a private school. I am also saddened to think of the many kids whose parents cannot afford to send them to a school that will meet their needs. But, this school does offer scholarships and I am actively involved in planning the auction that is set for next month to help provide money for the scholarship fund.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Trisha RiceSent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:49 PM Subject: RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

trisha rice

I live in Bedford, right next to DFW airport between Dallas and Fort Worth and the school is in Arlington, about 12-13 miles from our house. Our middle son asked if we were worried about the gas expense since prices are still so high, but it is worth every penny to have them so comfortable!

Where are you?

trish

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:14 PM Subject: Re: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

Trisha,

where in Texas are you from, I would love to have my child attend a school like this.pj

trisha rice

I am down in South Texas, 45 miles from Corpus Christi

trisha rice

Patti, I am in central texas, Corpus is about 3 hrs from me. What town are u in, I was raised down that way about an hr from Corpus. DebbiePatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I am down in South Texas, 45 miles from Corpus Christi RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say

that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7

these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Patti, I am in central texas, Corpus is about 3 hrs from me. What town are u in, I was raised down that way about an hr from Corpus. DebbiePatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I am down in South Texas, 45 miles from Corpus Christi RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say

that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7

these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Kingsville

trisha rice

Debbie - I'm in central Texas, too. Austin, specifically. I grew up in a small town about half-way between Houston and San off I-10 though. I also have some cousins who grew up in Ingleside all of their lives (near Corpus.)

trisha rice

Sugar Land which is a suburb of

Houston.

No, we did not go thru due process.

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008

1:14 AM

Subject: RE: ( )

reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply!

- where in Texas are you and did you go through due

process?

trisha

RE: ( )

that class.

placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country

to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district

to help.

Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous

it is to see my kids happy!

trisha rice

Off Topic, I bet the weather there right now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do you like living in Texas? Rose,Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Kingsville RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to

work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that

class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as

stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you

how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

The Weather in the UK is poor and very Wet.Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Off Topic, I bet the weather there right now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do you like living in

Texas? Rose,Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Kingsville RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2

recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek

it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change

in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

It has been cold for us the last week –

highs in the upper 40’s, lowers 50’s. I actually like these

temps. I am originally from central Oklahoma where winters can be nasty.

In fact, this winter they have had snow several times and had a horrible ice

storm in December. For the most part, I love the weather here –

grass stays green all year round, leaves on trees for the most part (seems like

some of the trees here do loose all their leaves in January but within 3-4

weeks are budding again), green plants, some plants that flower during the

winter, etc. Now, that said, the summers can be a little brutal.

Summers are hot and very humid – or at least that is the case here in Houston. Traffic

can also be a pain and there are lots of people here – Houston metro area is over 5 million people. But,

there is lots to do here – I love the museums, theater, etc.

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008

8:44 AM

Subject: Re: ( )

Off Topic,

I bet the weather there right now is

beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete opposite

from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do you like

living in Texas?

Rose,

Patti Journey

<pjpoo78363 > wrote:

Kingsville

Thank you so much! He didn't feel

well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed)

but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I

would check it for him when he was done, but he said, " not yet - I want to

do an extra page. " How many of your kids say that?!?

This school is based on research over

many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old

light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30

minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of

3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them

" earn " an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and

there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be

something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she

says she has 12 different reading levels in that class.

The founder has decided it will be a

total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability

if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give

a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that

families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the

typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as

typical kids.

Sorry for the long post, but folks, you

won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school

day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and

joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well,

just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha

If your kid is miserable at school and

making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making

some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm

in Texas -

the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get

Again - Sorry for the long post, but I

just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy!

trisha rice

!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

Hi , I am in Red Rock, close to Bastrop. About 30 miles from Austin. I am kinda new to the posting here, but I run a support group here in my area, I have a son who is 9 on the spectrum. Tell me a bit about u. Great to meet u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Debbie MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: Debbie - I'm in central Texas, too. Austin, specifically. I grew up in a small town about half-way between Houston and San off I-10 though. I also have some cousins who grew up in Ingleside all of their lives (near Corpus.) RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra

recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district

to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

, I can handle that ... about the traffic, Same in NY, but depends where you live, you can hit so much traffic to the other end of NY where you have to travel for 30 minutes (no traffic) to food shop. either way, its cold here...When I read post - posted from others from other states, I always wonder how the weather is there? and, If its boring or lots to do. <cindyelgamal@...> wrote: It has been cold for us the last week – highs in the upper 40’s, lowers 50’s. I actually like these temps. I am originally from central Oklahoma where winters can be nasty. In fact, this winter they have had snow several times and had a horrible ice storm in December. For the most part, I love the weather here – grass stays green all year round, leaves on trees for the most part (seems like some of the trees here do loose all their leaves in January but within 3-4 weeks are budding again), green plants, some plants that flower during the winter, etc. Now, that said, the summers can be a little brutal. Summers are hot and very humid – or at least that is the case here in Houston. Traffic can also be a pain and there are lots of people here – Houston metro area is over 5 million people. But,

there is lots to do here – I love the museums, theater, etc. From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of RoseSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:44 AM Subject: Re: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Off Topic, I bet the weather there right now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do you like living in Texas? Rose,Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: Kingsville RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so

much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student

works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12 students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical

kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable

as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha

rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. ! Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

WOW !! way out there too. I wonder where it's HOT... it's all white (snow) here right now. lol - would be great for someone who loves lots of snow, skiing, ice fishing, snow tubing, ice skating, snow moble riding, I would like all that but replace the word snow with water... LOL at the beach, in the hot sun I do take my kids to do all those things, but I sit in the car with the heat so high the snow melts all around me. hahaha <kevin8@...> wrote: The Weather in the UK is poor and very Wet.Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Off Topic, I bet the weather there right now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do you like living in Texas? Rose,Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: Kingsville RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy reply! Thank you so much! He didn't feel well today (really truly because I did the no TV

or games test and he passed) but we brought home some things to work on from school, and I just told him I would check it for him when he was done, but he said, "not yet - I want to do an extra page." How many of your kids say that?!? This school is based on research over many years. They have replaced all fluorescent lighting with regular old light bulbs. They have 2 recesses (morning and afternoon), plus 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 20-30 minutes outside after that, for a total of 3 breaks per day! And his wise teacher sometimes lets them "earn" an extra recess. Each student works at his own pace, and there is no homework assigned on a regular basis (occasionally there will be something to do at home). His teacher has an aide and 12

students and she says she has 12 different reading levels in that class. The founder has decided it will be a total inclusion school - no student will be turned away because of a disability if the parents are willing to work with them. Towards that end, they give a significant discount to siblings who attend, because they figure that families with special needs kids will seek it out, and making it easier for the typical siblings to attend helps keep the balance between typical and not as typical kids. Sorry for the long post, but folks, you won't believe the difference

it has made in our home life now that his school day is not as stressful and downright miserable for him. We laugh and joke again, and I am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days. More like 22/7 hahaha If your kid is miserable at school and making you and your life miserable as well, please seriously consider making some kind of change in placement for your kid's sake and your sanity. I'm in Texas - the worst place in the country to have a special needs kid and try to get the school district to help. Again - Sorry for the long post, but I just can't tell you how fabulous it is to see my kids happy! trisha rice Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

My husband lived in London for a year doing a fellowship after

his surgical residency. He said the same thing!! He said he had to put money

in the register to get heat.

Behalf Of

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:51 AM

Subject: Re: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy

reply!

The Weather in the UK is poor and very Wet.

Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote:

Off Topic,

I bet the weather there right

now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete

opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do

you like living in Texas?

Rose,

Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote:

Kingsville

that class.

trisha rice

Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend,

Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try

it now.

I forgot to put in my post that I really miss fall as that is my

favorite season and we really don’t have one here.

Behalf Of Rose

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:35 AM

Subject: RE: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy

reply!

I can handle that ... about the traffic,

Same in NY, but depends where you live, you can hit so much traffic to the

other end of NY where you have to travel for 30 minutes (no traffic) to

food shop. either way, its cold here...When I read post - posted

from others from other states, I always wonder how the weather is there?

and, If its boring or lots to do.

<cindyelgamal@...> wrote:

It has been cold for us the last week – highs in the upper 40’s,

lowers 50’s. I actually like these temps. I am originally from

central Oklahoma where winters can be nasty. In fact, this winter they

have had snow several times and had a horrible ice storm in December. For

the most part, I love the weather here – grass stays green all year round,

leaves on trees for the most part (seems like some of the trees here do loose

all their leaves in January but within 3-4 weeks are budding again), green

plants, some plants that flower during the winter, etc. Now, that said,

the summers can be a little brutal. Summers are hot and very humid – or

at least that is the case here in Houston. Traffic can also be a pain and

there are lots of people here – Houston metro area is over 5 million people.

But, there is lots to do here – I love the museums, theater, etc.

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rose

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:44 AM

Subject: Re: ( ) reward system ---trisha--long but happy

reply!

Off Topic,

I bet the weather there right

now is beautiful !!! no snow, and above freezing, The complete

opposite from here in NY...Just curious, other from the public schools, how do

you like living in Texas?

Rose,

Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote:

Kingsville

that class.

am not constantly depressed, sad and worried. Well, just not 24/7 these days.

More like 22/7 hahaha

trisha rice

Be a better friend,

Be a better friend,

!

Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try

it now.

Never miss a thing. Make

your homepage.

One of my old high school/college friends currently lives in Bastrop and I'm from the big ol' town of Weimar! Small world, huh??? My son is 11 and was recently diagnosed w/ Aspergers. He's also been diagnosed in the past w/ Sensory Integration Disorder, ADD, ADHD, language problem, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, um, I think that's it. I don't really think he has all of those things wrong w/ him though. I think each specialist I took him to could agree that something was different, but they just couldn't definitively confirm it. Asperger's seems to fit the best (or SID). All I know is when I read some of these posts on here, it's like I could've written them myself. So

I know I'm onto something! My son has a mild form of Aspergers though, from what I can tell. He also has moderate reflux problems, allergies, migraines, etc... His body is just sensitive to its' environment, that's for sure!

I'm a single mom who also has a 6-yr-old daughter. I work for a national non-profit and have the flexibility to work from home most of the time which is a huge saving grace for my family.

So glad to have a "neighbor" on here !

trisha rice