RemedySpot.com

new concerns

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Betty, what are the symptoms of the Chronic Motor Tic Disorder?

Recently our son has started some new behaviors that concern us. We are waiting to get him in to see a neurologists but when I searched the internet for answers Tourette's kept coming up. I had originally thought it was probably OCD. I guess it could be a number of things and maybe more than one. I just never new TS could be gross motor because I had only heard of verbal Tourette's. These changes seemed to happened over night. He completely quit playing video games,which he loves and he started touching objects around the house then he added hopping and jumping over things. It progressed and took over his life. He spent an hour and a half touching every ornament on the Christmas tree and any spare time he had he would go around inside or outside and touch everything. He would hop over cracks, hop up stairs and getting dressed or getting ready for bed took hours to accomplish. He said he was doing all this for the "strange holiday" and it would all stop on January 1, 2008. He also picks up everything with two hands. Most everything did stop like he said on January 1 but there are some things he still does. He just started playing his games again this Monday but he still touches some things and uses two hands to pick any thing up. I have read that new disorders can show up during puberty so I assume that is what is happening. I am just thankful he does not do anything to hurt himself or others. Hopefully we will get some answers soon.

Sorry so long.

HopeStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Tourette stuff (which can come and go) is statistically most common but ask your neurologist if it could be a post-strep thing like Sydenham's chorea or a similar entity PANDAS pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder. Also, make sure it is not a new medication side effect. All of these disorders overlap.

( ) new concerns

Betty, what are the symptoms of the Chronic Motor Tic Disorder?

Recently our son has started some new behaviors that concern us. We are waiting to get him in to see a neurologists but when I searched the internet for answers Tourette's kept coming up. I had originally thought it was probably OCD. I guess it could be a number of things and maybe more than one. I just never new TS could be gross motor because I had only heard of verbal Tourette's. These changes seemed to happened over night. He completely quit playing video games,which he loves and he started touching objects around the house then he added hopping and jumping over things. It progressed and took over his life. He spent an hour and a half touching every ornament on the Christmas tree and any spare time he had he would go around inside or outside and touch everything. He would hop over cracks, hop up stairs and getting dressed or getting ready for bed took hours to accomplish. He said he was doing all this for the "strange holiday" and it would all stop on January 1, 2008. He also picks up everything with two hands. Most everything did stop like he said on January 1 but there are some things he still does. He just started playing his games again this Monday but he still touches some things and uses two hands to pick any thing up. I have read that new disorders can show up during puberty so I assume that is what is happening. I am just thankful he does not do anything to hurt himself or others. Hopefully we will get some answers soon.

Sorry so long.

Hope

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

I know it is not a side effect because he takes no medication but I will ask about the other disorders. I have never heard of them before. Thanks.

Hope, just wanted to add that I have a son with OCD (my Aspie) and

what you stated could be OCD. Glad some things have lessened! OCD

is sooo illogical!

Has he had strep or anything lately? Saw someone mentioned PANDAs

and that type OCD is when OC behaviors begin after a recent strep

(or some other) illness. My son's OCD isn't the PANDAS type though

and it seemed to happen overnight too.

> These changes seemed to happened over night. He completely quit

playing

> video games,which he loves and he started touching objects around

the house then

> he added hopping and jumping over things. It progressed and took

over his

> life. He spent an hour and a half touching every ornament on the

Christmas tree

> and any spare time he had he would go around inside or outside

and touch

> everything. He would hop over cracks, hop up stairs and getting

dressed or

> getting ready for bed took hours to accomplish. He said he was

doing all this for

> the " strange holiday " and it would all stop on January 1, 2008.

He also picks

> up everything with two hands. Most everything did stop like he

said on

> January 1 but there are some things he still does. He just

started playing his

> games again this Monday but he still touches some things and uses

two hands to

> pick any thing up. I have read that new disorders can show up

during puberty

> so I assume that is what is happening. I am just thankful he does

not do

> anything to hurt himself or others. Hopefully we will get some

answers soon.

> Sorry so long.

> Hope

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

No, he has been well and he has rarely been sick in the past. He is usually the one in the house that stays well when the rest of us gets a virus.

Well twists (spins) & pulls at the waist of his pants,picks at his nails, scratches his head real fast,pulls at the shoulders of his shirt & rearranges his private parts,moves from one leg to another back & forth & rolls his shoulders constantly. Although Jon also has OCD tendencies. Has been doing this all for years. Much less now since the Depakote. Your's sounds more like OCD but may be TS mixed in. I hope you get your answers soon. Good luck,Betty jade2674@... wrote: Betty, what are the symptoms of the Chronic Motor Tic Disorder? Recently our son has started some new behaviors that concern us. We are waiting to get him in to see a neurologists but when I searched the internet for answers Tourette's kept coming up. I had originally thought it was probably OCD. I guess it could be a number of things and maybe more than one. I just never new TS could be gross motor because I had only heard of verbal Tourette's. These changes seemed to happened over night. He completely quit playing video games,which he loves and he started touching objects around the house then he added hopping and jumping over things. It progressed and took over his life. He spent an hour and a half touching every ornament on the Christmas tree and any spare time he had he would go around inside or outside and touch

everything. He would hop over cracks, hop up stairs and getting dressed or getting ready for bed took hours to accomplish. He said he was doing all this for the "strange holiday" and it would all stop on January 1, 2008. He also picks up everything with two hands. Most everything did stop like he said on January 1 but there are some things he still does. He just started playing his games again this Monday but he still touches some things and uses two hands to pick any thing up. I have read that new disorders can show up during puberty so I assume that is what is happening. I am just thankful he does not do anything to hurt himself or others. Hopefully we will get some answers soon. Sorry so long. Hope Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.