> Should I keep my son home until I can home school

> him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me

> not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out

> now? PJ

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Last year before we found our new school, we did a "trial run" on homeschooling with a schedule and some educational websites just to see how it would be. I already knew I couldn't homeschool - that trial confirmed it, but it also made both kids realize that they didn't necessarily want homeschooling, they just didn't want to be where they were at the time.

But I promised them and myself and I will keep the promise that they will NEVER EVER go back to one of the public schools in this district, if we have to hire a private teacher or whatever it takes. I will never put them in that situation again!

trish

PS - I think I missed something somewhere - why do you have to wait for the paperwork before you can begin homeschooling?

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:58 PM Subject: ( ) should I keep him home tomorrow

Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out now? PJ

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Patti, I'm so sorry you and your son have it so hard at your school. If you just pull him out, Your son is still on the schools payroll. they just keep marking him absent. in some states, like here in NY, if your child is out more that 20 times or days in a row, I'm not sure how that worded, they can call DSS. You really should talk to someone. Do you have an autism support group near you. If your son is that upset, instead of going to school, bring him to his doctor/therapist. this way, you have documentation on how upset he is to the point where he is traumatized.. I really suggest you get that documented... So, if anything does happen, you did what you needed to do to protect your son. Please get in touch with Ruthie..Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out now? PJ Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Take him out now. If they have any understanding of your son, they'll see why you're doing it. You may ask the teacher/s to give you the workbooks of his. You paid for them. That can keep you going for a while. Google your states' Homeschool Association. They'll tell you EVERYTHING. The laws, the resources. We did a Virtual School. That's a different route. You have to enroll for that. If you'd like more info on that, let me know. Good luck. I wish I had pulled him the minute we made the decision. I kept him in for 3 months after I knew we'd homeschool. Makes me sad to think about it. It DID pacify him a bit,,,,,,knowing he'd be home SOON,,,,but it wasn't necessary for me to keep him in. Oh well. We learn. Again,,,,,,good luck. I'm excited for you and your son. It's an

amazing thing when you see a change in your child the minute you take the stress away. I remember it like yesterday. Yay!! for you!!!!!!!! RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out now? PJ Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

When we first looked into hs'ing last year,,,,,I talked with a man from the Wis Homeschooling Assoc and he said that you get on line with your states' DPI (Dept of Pub Instruct) and you can have the 1 page you need mailed to you that day. Fill it out,,,send it in and "presto"...... He told us that you can wait to get a reply and then pull him or just pull him and go in and let the teachers know your plans. Most of the time,,,,they understand what your child has been going through and will even give the workbooks, etc. Good luck!!!!! Robinsandra jenkins <jenkins472002@...> wrote: The only problem that I see with that is that the homeschooling paperwork can take weeks for the state toapprove (you may be looking at 2 months) and theschool can get you for truancy. Get started on thepaperwork right away. I have been having the sameproblem at my son's school. --- Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote:> Should I keep my son home until I can home school> him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me> not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out> now? PJ> > > >__________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

You need to contact his school ASAP & tell them you want a meeting ASAP. I forget how old he is. Something isn't right here. Betty Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him

out now? PJ Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008

8:58 PM

Subject: ( ) should

I keep him home tomorrow

Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is

rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to

take him out now? PJ

Never miss a thing. Make

your homepage.

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:58 PMTo:

Subject: ( ) should I keep him home tomorrow Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out now? PJ Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

How can I help? Let me know...I will check back first thing in the morning....And, I have lots of suggestions---what state are you in? Ruthie

Re: ( ) should I keep him home tomorrow

Patti,

I'm so sorry you and your son have it so hard at your school. If you just pull him out, Your son is still on the schools payroll. they just keep marking him absent. in some states, like here in NY, if your child is out more that 20 times or days in a row, I'm not sure how that worded, they can call DSS. You really should talk to someone. Do you have an autism support group near you. If your son is that upset, instead of going to school, bring him to his doctor/therapist. this way, you have documentation on how upset he is to the point where he is traumatized.. I really suggest you get that documented... So, if anything does happen, you did what you needed to do to protect your son.

Please get in touch with Ruthie..Patti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote:

Should I keep my son home until I can home school him, tonight he is rubbing his hands and begging me not to send him back. Will it hurt to take him out now? PJ