RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Parents of Aspie Teens (driving)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :)Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Sue I am dreading the day. He is not ready emotionally believe me. He thinks this is his rite & we owe him a car as soon as he is 16. It's not going to happen. I've told him over & over. He thinks he can just go here & there whenever he wants to even visiting his mom in Garfield. That neighborhood is all crimes & shootings + you don't dare go out of the house unless it's right to the car. I go the back way so I don't see any of the gangs on the street corner. Take care,Betty carolynsuelowerychattanooga <sue@...> wrote: The driving issue is SO hard. Our son didn't start until he was 18, even then, at 23 he's had at least 7 minor fender benders, always his fault. It scares me to death! Since he also has ADD, using the Daytrana patch is wonderful, so that if he has something to do after work, he can leave it on longer. Where pill medications would wear off about 2:00 p,m, and he'd have to take more, wait for it to take effect and then to get out of his system that night to sleep. Patch is more flexible. But in our area, if you can't drive...you are eliminated from so much stuff like a job or a social life. Other kids also usually have big social groups of friends to give them rides. Not so with our son, it is us or nobody.He has done defensive driving school twice, and the local driving instruction school (we paid for) to help train him. Every accident he had

is when he was unmedicated (just popped his pill and raced out the door before it started working) or in the last case, he had not eaten, had a fasting blood test at the doctor's office and then went to work. Guess how many times I TOLD him before he went to EAT something as soon as he was done, before he went to work? and of course, he didn't.Good luck,Sue> > I have a 15 year old. High school is a nightmare to say the least. > He is an aspie teen. Because he's a follower, he did start following> the wrong crowd. Thank goodness he is learning the hard way. If> you've had the same experience please post! I would like to hear how> other aspie teen parents are handling this. Thanks!!> > > > > > _____ > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try> <http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http:/mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8H> DtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20> it

now.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun. Betty ppanda65@... wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Betty, I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license... good for you ... Rose Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote: invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that

we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun. Betty ppanda65aol wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I care. Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Betty, I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license... good for you ... Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun. Betty ppanda65aol wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in

May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I sometimes laughingly tell Tyler (as I used to tell my now

grown kids), “This is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship and I am the

dictator.”

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Jewel

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:43 PM

Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Parents of Aspie Teens (driving)

Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I

care.

Betty

Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote:

Betty,

I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either,

that just got their license...

good for you ...

Rose

Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote:

invited his friend from his school

to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school

Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted

to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean

he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs

while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun.

Betty

ppanda65@... wrote:

My son has his permit and

hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him

out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving

lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be

ready by then. Pam :)

Start the year off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try

it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try

it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

Nice one!Betty <cindyelgamal@...> wrote: I sometimes laughingly tell Tyler (as I used to tell my now grown kids), “This is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship and I am the dictator.” From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of JewelSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:43 PM Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Parents of Aspie Teens (driving) Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I care. Betty Rose

<beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Betty, I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license... good for you ... Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license.

said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun. Betty ppanda65aol wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Betty, sometimes my kids tell me I'm mean too. and I say, " ain't I good at it "... LOL Yes, the first time I heard them say that to me. I felt crushed !!! NOW, forget it. Rose Jewel <truegrittle@...> wrote: Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I care. Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Betty, I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license... good for you ... Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's

no fun. Betty ppanda65aol wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Rose, I know what you mean. After raising 4 kids & now raising my grandson I am completely immune to being the mean one. Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Betty, sometimes my kids tell me I'm mean too. and I say, " ain't I good at it "... LOL

Yes, the first time I heard them say that to me. I felt crushed !!! NOW, forget it. Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I care. Betty Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Betty, I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license... good for you ... Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote: invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun. Betty ppanda65aol wrote: My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need

driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :) Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Amen sista!!! LOL I have said that too!! "what made you think our home was a democracy?" In response to .. "that's not fair" LOL

I love our kids.. I truly do.. Its those moments that you just have to write a book LOL

-- RE: ( ) Re: Parents of Aspie Teens (driving)

I sometimes laughingly tell Tyler (as I used to tell my now grown kids), “This is not a democracy. It is a dictatorship and I am the dictator.”

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of JewelSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:43 PM Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Parents of Aspie Teens (driving)

Yea I guess I/m mean. LOL says so. Like I care.

Betty

Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote:

Betty,

I wouldn't let my kids in someone Else's car either, that just got their license...

good for you ...

Rose Jewel <truegrittle > wrote:

invited his friend from his school to come over on Tuesday at 12:30 to play video games. They have no school Monday,Tuesday or Wensday. The kid just got his license & wanted to ride with him to the store that day but we said absolutly not. I mean he just got the license. said that we aren't allowed to act like goofs while he was visiting. Man....he's no fun.

Betty

ppanda65aol wrote:

My son has his permit and hasn't really pushed the driving issue too much. My husband has taken him out a few times to get acclimated. He will definitely need driving lessons. He has a driver's test date in May...but not sure if he will be ready by then. Pam :)

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

My kids used to call me the meanest mom in the world, until they had a

friend who had a mom that actually was mean. Since then when I say I am the

meanest mom in the world they tell me I am not.

Jolinna