RemedySpot.com

Re: help were falling apart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

its sounds like counselling is in order.....having an aspie child is hard enough without having the added stress of a blended family and parents who differ on their approach.

its important you and hubby are on the same page , very important.

in addition the whole family can benefit from counselling.

Good Luck and hugs

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Author Ben

From: kimbeebee@...Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 01:53:43 +0000Subject: ( ) help were falling apart

hey everyone,was just wondering how you guys handle the conflict in the family that comes from dealing with all that goes with AS kids, we are a blended family on top of all this and my kids sometimes feel i am spending too much time helping my aspie step son and not enough time helping them but he needs my help more sometimes, and than his dad thinks we should handle things one way and i feel another, how can we come together and be there for each other and for my stepsonhelp.kimberly Books, DVD's, gadgets, music and more. Shop online with Sympatico / MSN Shopping today!

, Maybe counseling for the whole family would be helpful. A blended family plus an Asperger step son & a dad not budging wow.... Counseling can do wonders. Take care,Betty kimbeebee <kimbeebee@...> wrote: hey everyone,was just wondering how you guys handle the conflict in the family that comes from dealing

with all that goes with AS kids, we are a blended family on top of all this and my kids sometimes feel i am spending too much time helping my aspie step son and not enough time helping them but he needs my help more sometimes, and than his dad thinks we should handle things one way and i feel another, how can we come together and be there for each other and for my stepsonhelp.kimberly

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

FAMILY THERAPY! Just make sure it's someone who is very knowlegeable in Aspergers. We went to one who said she was but after a few sessions I saw she wasn't at all. She tried telling my husband and I how we should be raising him and books to read that were definitly NOT for an aspie kid.kimbeebee <kimbeebee@...> wrote: hey everyone,was just wondering how you guys handle the conflict in the family that comes from dealing with all that goes with AS kids, we are a blended family on top of all this and my kids sometimes feel i am

spending too much time helping my aspie step son and not enough time helping them but he needs my help more sometimes, and than his dad thinks we should handle things one way and i feel another, how can we come together and be there for each other and for my stepsonhelp.kimberly

Family therapy, for sure. My son had play therapy w/ our psychologist for 30 minutes w/ me in the room and then I met w/ her privately for 30 minutes to talk about discipline, how to take care of myself, etc... It was so helpful for us both. We did it for 3 years and I can't say enough about it.

Re: ( ) help were falling apart

FAMILY THERAPY! Just make sure it's someone who is very knowlegeable in Aspergers. We went to one who said she was but after a few sessions I saw she wasn't at all. She tried telling my husband and I how we should be raising him and books to read that were definitly NOT for an aspie kid.kimbeebee <kimbeebee (DOT) com> wrote:

hey everyone,was just wondering how you guys handle the conflict in the family that comes from dealing with all that goes with AS kids, we are a blended family on top of all this and my kids sometimes feel i am spending too much time helping my aspie step son and not enough time helping them but he needs my help more sometimes, and than his dad thinks we should handle things one way and i feel another, how can we come together and be there for each other and for my stepsonhelp.kimberly

My son's therapist for the past year, whom also does family therapy with us for 5-15 minutes of the session beginning or end (depending now)---we are soooo therapized---done it for years----but his therapist....ROCKS----and HAS AN ASPERGERS SON OF HIS OWN THAT IS A PRODUCTION DIRECTOR (or something amazing like that for one of our two local TV stations----CBS station, actually)---so he not only knows everything about it, he has walked in our shoes and told us often when things are illegal, get a lawyer, etc., etc., etc.....he is amazing!!!! We discovered his son was aspergers though, about 3 months after meeting him; he never told us that until my son was ready to hear it.

Ruthie