RemedySpot.com

RE: Living in Texas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would be so depressed!! When I lived in Oklahoma I think I

suffered from seasonal depression – the winters can be very dreary with

cloudy days for weeks on end, dead brown grass, etc.

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008

12:04 PM

Subject: Re: ( )

Living in Texas

OMG LOL come on up Hon.. I am in Ontario Canada... And its Dark here by

4;10

I swear.. I go crazy with the ice cold fridged temps

and would love some

Heat LOL

We should house swap and home school for the seasons LOL

-- ( ) Living in Texas

I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer

heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I

think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder

climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try

it now.

OMG !!! its so cold here I don't want to go out... I HATE SNOW !!! I wish my house was inside a sonar room... I love the summer and want a house next to a beach so I don't have to spend money on gas, a parking spot.. and winter clothes...My kids are dressed like little Eskimos in the winter...I have so many layers of clothes and coats on, my seat belt doesn't fit. hahaha...Some days it goes way below zero and forget the wind chillllllllllll.........LOL If people wouldn't freeze and came outside, they are friendly here too. but its just too cold to even go from your house to the car.... RosePatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

LOL that's home in NY. well we can always go to the mall, shop and then hit Starbucks for a latte to warm up. hahah - until summer. and our summer's aren't always the best either. we have May showers sometimes till August... and I've seen left over snow for Easter. kind of hard for the kids to find the " Easter eggs " .. <cindyelgamal@...> wrote: I would

be so depressed!! When I lived in Oklahoma I think I suffered from seasonal depression – the winters can be very dreary with cloudy days for weeks on end, dead brown grass, etc. From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of ChrisSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:04 PM Subject: Re: ( ) Living in Texas OMG LOL come on up Hon.. I am

in Ontario Canada... And its Dark here by 4;10 I swear.. I go crazy with the ice cold fridged temps and would love some Heat LOLWe should house swap and home school for the seasons LOL -- ( ) Living in Texas I would love a few days of snow. I hate the

summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hee hee!! I'm reading all these posts and smiling. I LOVE winter!!!! We get it all, here. Cold winters, warm summers and awesome spring and falls. I wish we got MORE snow. Your comment about dressing up your kids like little eskimo's.......hee hee. I love it~~~ RobinRose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: OMG !!! its so cold here I don't want to go out... I HATE SNOW !!! I wish my house was inside a

sonar room... I love the summer and want a house next to a beach so I don't have to spend money on gas, a parking spot.. and winter clothes...My kids are dressed like little Eskimos in the winter...I have so many layers of clothes and coats on, my seat belt doesn't fit. hahaha...Some days it goes way below zero and forget the wind chillllllllllll.........LOL If people wouldn't freeze and came outside, they are friendly here too. but its just too cold to even go from your house to the car.... RosePatti Journey <pjpoo78363 > wrote: I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to

compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

OMG LOL come on up Hon.. I am in Ontario Canada... And its Dark here by 4;10

I swear.. I go crazy with the ice cold fridged temps and would love some

Heat LOLWe should house swap and home school for the seasons LOL

-- ( ) Living in Texas

I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hey - anything below about 65 and I'm in the house. I think I should have been a bear - I would love to hibernate all winter and not come out till its warm. I also think I have seasonal affective disorder and hibernation would solve that problem too! :)

trish

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AM Subject: ( ) Living in Texas

I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj

THAT IS AWESOME !!! GO SUMMER that is a beautiful name.<cmcintosh5@...> wrote: Trish!!! Have you tried the lights? I also go tanning.. Honestly I know tanning Is controversial

yet.. I really love the mood boost it gives me! It helps get me through the winter PS I named my daughter... Summer.. Because its the only way I can have summer 24/7 and still Live in Canada LOL -- RE: ( ) Living in Texas Hey - anything below about 65 and I'm in the house. I think I should have been a bear - I would love to hibernate all winter and not come out till its warm. I also think I have seasonal affective disorder and hibernation would solve that problem too! :) trish -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AM Subject: ( ) Living in Texas I would love a few days of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better education for my child. pj Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Trish!!! Have you tried the lights? I also go tanning.. Honestly I know tanning

Is controversial yet.. I really love the mood boost it gives me! It helps get me through the winter

PS I named my daughter... Summer.. Because its the only way I can have summer 24/7 and still

Live in Canada LOL

-- RE: ( ) Living in Texas

Hey - anything below about 65 and I'm in the house. I think I should have been a bear - I would love to hibernate all winter and not come out till its warm. I also think I have seasonal affective disorder and hibernation would solve that problem too! :)

trish

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AM Subject: ( ) Living in Texas

Maybe I should try tanning. I have a lot of the natural lights around the house, but it's just not the same without the summer smells - fresh mowed grass, the cool of an air conditioner, watermelon, fresh veggies, I could go on and on!

trish

RE: ( ) Living in Texas

trish

I respectfully disagree about encouraging tanning in a tanning bed. It causes skin cancer and prematurely ages you. There has to be another way!

( ) Living in Texas

I live in Texas but still love to doze in a tanning bed once or

twice a week. I am a nurse and don’t think this small amount of

tanning is detrimental. I was an OR director when I worked and one of the

plastic surgeons also told me he did not think tanning for 15 minutes twice a

week would damage my skin. Sun and tanning beds can cause skin cancer and

skin damage, e.g., premature aging, but that is when you do it to the extreme –

daily or even 4-5 times a week or if you go to the tanning bed once or twice a

week plus spend an excessive amount of time in the sun.

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Chris

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:19 PM

Subject: Re: ( ) Living in Texas

As I said.. It is controversial ~ However when dealing

with the seriousness of seasonal affective disorder.. You have to live it ..

To realize how debilitating it can be.

Many of us experience waking in the dark.. Going to work

in offices and places where we seldom see the grey outside.. And come home in

the dark.. Its quite an issue for those who are up north during the deep

winter months.

-- Re: ( ) Living in Texas

I respectfully disagree about

encouraging tanning in a tanning bed. It causes skin cancer and

prematurely ages you. There has to be another way!

( ) Living in Texas

I would love a few days

of snow. I hate the summer heat and humidity. I really have nothing

to compare it with. I think Texans are real friendly. But I

would love to live in a milder climate, and a state with a better

education for my child. pj

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

I work for a national voluntary organization focused on cancer and I've heard the opposite. No amount of exposure to tanning beds is safe. Sounds like you're not taking it to the extreme, which is good, but it's kind of like smoking a handful of cigarettes every day. Won't be as dangerous as smoking a pack but not good for you nonetheless. My friendly opinion ...

( ) Living in Texas

Honestly Trisha its worth the try. Also Dig out that bbq! Yes.. You are right foods etc are an issue

In the whole body feel of summertime. My fav... Grilled pineapple! Also you can get some great frozen fruit that work fantastic as a smoothie starter! Paint your nails fluorescent orange.. Seriously that's what I do.. Then off to the tanning salon. Your body is warm all over.. And you just feel wonderful! If you have never tanned before.. Ask them what minutes they would suggest and take their advice. But ENJOY!

It keeps me from becoming an alcoholic here ROFLOL

-- RE: ( ) Living in Texas

trish

As I said.. It is controversial ~ However when dealing with the seriousness of seasonal affective disorder.. You have to live it .. To realize how debilitating it can be.

Many of us experience waking in the dark.. Going to work in offices and places where we seldom see the grey outside.. And come home in the dark.. Its quite an issue for those who are up north during the deep winter months.

I respectfully disagree about encouraging tanning in a tanning bed. It causes skin cancer and prematurely ages you. There has to be another way!

( ) Living in Texas

My dad and aunt both died from lung cancer as well. I took care of my dad and my cousin took care of my aunt. Its an awful disease. Sorry for being off topic....

I work for a national voluntary organization focused on cancer and I've heard the opposite. No amount of exposure to tanning beds is safe. Sounds like you're not taking it to the extreme, which is good, but it's kind of like smoking a handful of cigarettes every day. Won't be as dangerous as smoking a pack but not good for you nonetheless. My friendly opinion ... ( ) Living in Texas

Thanks Christie and Chris! I'm fortunate to work for a wonderful organization. I spent about 8 years of my career with them specifically working in a tobacco cessation program that I still have ties to in my new position. Quitting smoking is HARD, but more than a million people do it every year. I say that to give hope to anyone reading this who's currently smoking. On average, it takes between 3-5 SERIOUS quit attempts before a person quits. People are often surprised to hear that statistic, but it's also another source of hope.

Sorry to hear about the cancer in both of your families and - so proud to see you are an ex-smoker! Means you'll be around for your children much longer. Take care!

( ) Living in Texas

That is great work you do. My father died of lung cancer and so did several members of my family who were extreme smokers. I am smoke free for 8 years now.! Keep up the great work Hon.

I can see both sides.. Trust me I can.

I work for a national voluntary organization focused on cancer and I've heard the opposite. No amount of exposure to tanning beds is safe. Sounds like you're not taking it to the extreme, which is good, but it's kind of like smoking a handful of cigarettes every day. Won't be as dangerous as smoking a pack but not good for you nonetheless. My friendly opinion ... ( ) Living in Texas

That is really good. Yes I agree that smoking is really hard to quit. My mom has been trying to quit a lot of times. My dad didn't stop until he couldn't go outside to smoke anymore.

My aunt also kept smoking. I thankfully never really smoked. I did try it and I didn't like it. So I never did it again, and don't plan on it. I am happy that you are working for that organization. That's really good of you. Thanks, take care.

Thanks Christie and Chris! I'm fortunate to work for a wonderful organization. I spent about 8 years of my career with them specifically working in a tobacco cessation program that I still have ties to in my new position. Quitting smoking is HARD, but more than a million people do it every year. I say that to give hope to anyone reading this who's currently smoking. On average, it takes between 3-5 SERIOUS quit attempts before a person quits. People are often surprised to hear that statistic, but it's also another source of hope.

Sorry to hear about the cancer in both of your families and - so proud to see you are an ex-smoker! Means you'll be around for your children much longer. Take care!

( ) Living in Texas