RemedySpot.com

Re: HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is home-schooling a possibility?? J. (MI) melly217 <melly217@...> wrote: Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the

desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Robin I'm from NY. I didn't respond because nothing sounded right to me either. I don't know where in NY she is from, but doesn't matter. everything isn't right and she will need to contact the autism society or state ed. "a 9 year old in 7th grade"??hummm. (some law suit if he got hurt) sounds like a school will try anything with anyone that doesn't know their rights !!! so sad, Rose and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: Hi.I'm not in

NY,,,,,,,,but I just want to let you know how sorry I am for you and your son. Keep fighting and learning and fighting. Can you contact your states' autism society? Something doesn't sound right. Actually,,,,,nothing sounds right. Keep us posted. Robin melly217 <melly217 > wrote: Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for

sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

It IS sad. I'm blown away every day by other peoples' stories. We really didn't fight much here. They offered services. Had to deal with a shitty teacher once.................in the end, Ian just needed to get out. This stuff breaks my heart. Maybe the ads that should be running on the TV are ones that simply say,,,,, "If you have a child with.............(and list all of the autism spectrum disorders)......then call us at any time for help or information. We can help." ........and then flash the States' phone number. Some schools should be ashamed. RobinRose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Robin I'm from NY. I didn't respond because nothing sounded right to me either. I don't know where in NY she is from, but doesn't matter. everything isn't right and she will need to contact the autism society or state ed. "a 9 year old in 7th grade"??hummm. (some law suit if he got hurt) sounds like a school will try anything with anyone that doesn't know their rights !!! so sad, Rose and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs > wrote: Hi.I'm not in NY,,,,,,,,but I just want to let you know how sorry I am for you and your son. Keep fighting and learning and fighting. Can you contact your states' autism society? Something doesn't sound right. Actually,,,,,nothing sounds right. Keep us posted. Robin melly217 <melly217 > wrote: Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my

poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Dear :

You should pull your child out of the public school system before is too late. Your son must have a proper educational setting now. It is very damaging to go through experimentation. He is not emotionally disturbed now but he might be on that spot in the future. What you explain in your message is very similar to what we experienced,and I wish to have pulled my child out of the public shool system at your son's age or before. It was so painful to see what she went through and I finally decided that my child cannot wait to see what it works. I am very glad for my decision.

Blessings

Ana

sage-----

Sent: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 6:21 pm

Subject: ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

Hello everyone,

I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years

old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i

was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He

was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then

September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The

first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The

second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.

We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the

placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli

his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because

it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing

it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if

i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.

On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school

and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the

end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have

anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any

type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York

please let me know.

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

I agree with , take your child out of that school. Home school him, it is not as bad as you think it might be. My son is so much happier. And it's only been a few days since we started this. I wish I had done this at your son's age also, my son now acts like a bully and has the same bad attitude as the kids that teased him at school, we are working on that every day. He seems to be mellowing out with every day.

( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a

placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Yes Yes Yes! I agree! My son was in class (for ED kids by the way - what a disaster!) learning lots of new words, slang, cuss words, racial epithets and, etc. I wouldn't take him to see a movie with that kind of language in it, but I was sending him to get an education in that environment. Some of the ARD committee sat dumbfounded when I pointed that out. Now, after being out of that environment, he is back to a kind hearted (most of the time) and helpful young man. Please get him out of that environment, even if only for a trial. I really think you will notice a difference in a few short days!

trish

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:39 PM Subject: Re: ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

I agree with , take your child out of that school. Home school him, it is not as bad as you think it might be. My son is so much happier. And it's only been a few days since we started this. I wish I had done this at your son's age also, my son now acts like a bully and has the same bad attitude as the kids that teased him at school, we are working on that every day. He seems to be mellowing out with every day.

Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dear melly, What a pickle with the NYschool system.! Perhaps the best thing to do is to take your child out of the school and home school him. I know that seems drastic and scary, but there is so much help available on-line now. I often thought of home-schooling my girl, but somehow, the right help always rescued us. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Jerri.Trisha Rice <rice.trish@...> wrote: Yes Yes Yes! I agree! My son was in class (for ED kids by

the way - what a disaster!) learning lots of new words, slang, cuss words, racial epithets and, etc. I wouldn't take him to see a movie with that kind of language in it, but I was sending him to get an education in that environment. Some of the ARD committee sat dumbfounded when I pointed that out. Now, after being out of that environment, he is back to a kind hearted (most of the time) and helpful young man. Please get him out of that environment, even if only for a trial. I really think you will notice a difference in a few short days! trish -----Original Message-----From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Patti JourneySent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:39 PM Subject: Re: ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!! I agree with , take your child out of that school. Home school him, it is not as bad as you think it might be. My son is so much happier. And it's only been a few days since we started this. I wish I had done this at your son's age also, my son now acts like a bully and has the same bad attitude as the kids that teased him at school, we are working on that every day. He seems to be mellowing out with every day. ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!! Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have

another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this. More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail! Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Ok I also agree and our public school situation seems like heaven to

yours but the decision to home school has been great and my son's twin

sister who is standing over my shoulder reading as I type adds it

" greatly helped our situation!! " It{home school } is not as hard as

you would think though state laws vary, however lot of great support

books and info specific to home schooling aspie kids!! He loves it

and it has dramatically decreased family stress. Katy

Yes Yes Yes! I

agree! My son was in class (for ED kids by the way - what a

disaster!) learning lots of new words, slang, cuss words, racial

epithets and, etc. I wouldn't take him to see a movie with that kind

of language in it, but I was sending him to get an education in that

environment. Some of the ARD committee sat dumbfounded when I pointed

that out. Now, after being out of that environment, he is back to a

kind hearted (most of the time) and helpful young man. Please get him

out of that environment, even if only for a trial. I really think you

will notice a difference in a few short days!

>

> trish

>

> Re: ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

>

>

> I agree with , take your child out of that school. Home

school him, it is not as bad as you think it might be. My son is so

much happier. And it's only been a few days since we started this. I

wish I had done this at your son's age also, my son now acts like a

bully and has the same bad attitude as the kids that teased him at

school, we are working on that every day. He seems to be mellowing

out with every day.

>

> ( ) HELP A 4TH GRADE ASPIE PLEASE!!

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years

> old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i

> was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He

> was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then

> September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The

> first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The

> second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.

>

> We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the

> placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli

> his " school " decides to place him with a 7th grade class because

> it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing

> it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if

> i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.

>

> On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school

> and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the

> end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have

> anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any

> type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York

> please let me know.

>

> Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

>

>

>

>

> More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

They need to put together a placement that is appropriate for him or send him to another school that can do that. You should investigate schools in your area that might have a better program/placement option including private schools. Also, start to consider alternative kinds of educational placements such as tutoring (provided by the school) or having the school create a classroom for him (and kids with similar issues) that might be very small (i.e. not mainstreamed.) Think outside the box.

At any rate, I would not wait around any longer for a placement. Find out what options you think would work best and push for them asap. Go over the head of the people you currently are working with because they are wasting your child's time and his education. He is entitled to receive a free/appropriate public education and that isn't tossing him in a room to teach himself.

You may even consider finding legal help for your situation because he has been without an appropriate placement for so long. Whatever is happening now, document everything in writing. Write a letter outlining what has happened so far and what you want to see happen immediately. Then be sure and CC copies of your correspondence to everyone up the food chain.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Hello everyone,I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli his "school" decides to place him with a 7th grade class because it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York please let me know.Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

Take him out and home school him. If he has an IEP and the NY school system r

is not providing for his needs file a formal complaint with the State and

threaten

to do the same with the Federal Government. I suspect they will act pretty fast

to find help for your son to prevent their losing federal $$$.

It is time that parents fight back. Statistics say 1 in 150 (new numbers)

children

are born with autism. When will our Pub.Sch.System adapt to teach them? Never

if we do make a lot of noise. One way is to prevent $$ from going into their

pocket book.

There is a lot of home school families in WA state. We are now beginning to

have

alternative classes that are visual, hands on, etc.

Dee

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I am writing in need of some serious help for my ds. He is 9 years

> old and was diagnosed 2 years ago. During our first IEP meeting i

> was told that he would be in a collaborative team teaching class. He

> was already in the 3rd grade. We moved schools and it worked. Then

> September came and the 4th grade CTT class had 32 kids in it! The

> first day my poor ds hid under the desk becuase of the noise. The

> second day he pushed a child for sitting too close to him.

>

> We have another meeting and it was decided that this was not the

> placement for him. While we were waiting for a placement for Eli

> his " school " decides to place him with a 7th grade class because

> it's smaller. So Eli has been picking up his work everyday and doing

> it ON HIS OWN!! I was told all we could do is wait it out to see if

> i either get the Nickerson Letter or a placement.

>

> On the 60th day they send me a placement. I go to look at the school

> and it is a class for emotionally disturbed children!! I am at the

> end of my rope. The Board of Education in New York does not have

> anything for our children! I am in for the fight of my life and any

> type of help would work. If you know of any schools in New York

> please let me know.

>

> Thank you soooo much for taking the time to read this.

>