RemedySpot.com

this is so sad to read about what our kids have to go through

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated. I think all of this should be emailed to the people who are running for President. Let them tell us what they are going to do for our children. I doubt it would help anyway.

A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and families that desperately needed help.

They finally told me not to send anymore to that site and then blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something to help us.

I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at least try. Someone needs to address our children, instead of ignoring us all. Patti

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Well, good for you! There is a saying:

'The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do

nothing'.' - Edmund Burke

One voice can lead to a collective soul striving for what is right so

don't give up the challenge!

Velvet

A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all

those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that

was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I

started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted

for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and

families that desperately needed help.

> They finally told me not to send anymore to that site and then

blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran

again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the

other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something

to help us.

> I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at

least try. Someone needs to address our children, instead of

ignoring us all. Patti

Patti, you did more than I did. At least you tried. If one of those people were running for President and had a child with autism. "then that would make a difference". RosePatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated. I think all of this should be emailed to the people who are running for

President. Let them tell us what they are going to do for our children. I doubt it would help anyway. A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and families that desperately needed help. They finally told me not to send anymore to that site and then blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something to help us. I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at least try.

Someone needs to address our children, instead of ignoring us all. Patti Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

You're hitting it right on. But,,,we all may make a bigger/better difference if we go to our local legislatures. Although NCLB (No Child Left Behind) is a Federal law....as well as all of the Disability Acts, the follow-thrrough takes place locally. It is your school who decides if they want to hire an aide or send their teachers to workshops to learn more about the differences of kids with AS or Autism Spectrum Disorders. It's our schools' who decide to blame the behavior on our kids without acknowledging that they need to provide a better environment for them (which is what was "put into law" by the Federal Government. It's our schools' who should fire the ridiculous "teachers" that are doing more harm than good. It's our schools' who should realize that maybe the best thing that they could do, is listen more to the parents? Anyway,,,,, I totally agree with you. We have to continue to be involved,,,,,,,,But on EVERY level. Teachers at the school, School Board meetings, local elections, distirict elections, State Reps and Senators, etc. *** Our son "does" WIVA (Wisconsin Virtual School) and we just had to go and meet at Madison this last week to make our voices heard as to WHY they shouldn't shut it down. One of our States' Legistlators is making quite a case as to how much time a parent can spend "teaching" before it's not a Public Virtual School anymore. Anyway,,,,,,,we (over 1100 teachers, parents and kids) had to go and "say our piece" to our local Reps. Hopefully,,,,,it will work. But,,,,bottom line,,,,,,,you are right on. We all have to stay involved. Maybe if we're not ok with the teachers,,,,or the school,,,,,we should take it to the Superintendant. If you get nowhere there,,,,,,take it to the School Board, or just keep

going up the chain. Thanks for bringing up a great topic. RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated. I think all of this should be emailed to the people who are running for President. Let them tell us what they are going to do for our children. I doubt it would help anyway. A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and families that desperately needed help. They finally told me not to send anymore to that site and then blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something to help us. I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at least try. Someone needs to address our children, instead of ignoring us all. Patti Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I agree with you too, don't stop at the Principle either. Had I known this I would have gotten more help for my son. The superintendent told me how much he loved my son and what a fine boy he was, at the end of the school year. My son's last year there. I never knew. lol

Re: ( ) this is so sad to read about what our kids have to go through

HNCLB (No Child Left Behind) is a Federal law....as well as all of the Disability Acts, the follow-thrrough takes place locally.

It is your school who decides if they want to hire an aide or send their teachers to workshops to learn more about the differences of kids with AS or Autism Spectrum Disorders. It's our schools' who decide to blame the behavior on our kids without acknowledging that they need to provide a better environment for them (which is what was "put into law" by the Federal Government.

It's our schools' who should fire the ridiculous "teachers" that are doing more harm than good.

It's our schools' who should realize that maybe the best thing that they could do, is listen more to the parents?

Anyway,,,,,

I totally agree with you.

We have to continue to be involved,,,, ,,,,But on EVERY level. Teachers at the school, School Board meetings, local elections, distirict elections, State Reps and Senators, etc.

Our son "does" WIVA (Wisconsin Virtual School) and we just had to go and meet at Madison this last week to make our voices heard as to WHY they shouldn't shut it down. One of our States' Legistlators is making quite a case as to how much time a parent can spend "teaching" before it's not a Public Virtual School anymore.

Anyway,,,,,, ,we (over 1100 teachers, parents and kids) had to go and "say our piece" to our local Reps. Hopefully,,, ,,it will work.

But,,,,bottom line,,,,,,,you are right on. We all have to stay involved.

Maybe if we're not ok with the teachers,,,, or the school,,,,,we should take it to the Superintendant. If you get nowhere there,,,,,,take it to the School Board, or just keep going up the chain.

Thanks for bringing up a great topic.

RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363 (DOT) com> wrote:

Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated. I think all of this should be emailed to the people who are running for President. Let them tell us what they are going to do for our children. I doubt it would help anyway.

A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and families that desperately needed help.

They finally told me not to send anymore to that site and then blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something to help us.

I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at least try. Someone needs to address our children, instead of ignoring us all. Patti

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Me too. I was so happy that my son actually wanted to try band,,,,,,,that I pushed it and pushed it. When he (and another kid in his class) FINALLY told me what the "teacher" was saying,,,that band was better off without him and that he should "shut up".....I was blown away. Never really trusted the "district" after that. Man,,,,,if I had had the "balls" I have now, back then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would have fought a lot more. People should have lost jobs. Robin Patti Journey <pjpoo78363@...> wrote: I agree with you too, don't stop at the Principle either. Had I known this I would have gotten more help for my son. The superintendent told me how much he loved my son and what a fine boy he was, at the end of the school year. My son's last year there. I never knew. lol Re: ( ) this is so sad to read about what our kids have to go through HNCLB (No

Child Left Behind) is a Federal law....as well as all of the Disability Acts, the follow-thrrough takes place locally. It is your school who decides if they want to hire an aide or send their teachers to workshops to learn more about the differences of kids with AS or Autism Spectrum Disorders. It's our schools' who decide to blame the behavior on our kids without acknowledging that they need to provide a better environment for them (which is what was "put into law" by the Federal Government. It's our schools' who should fire the ridiculous "teachers" that are doing more harm than good. It's our schools' who should realize that maybe the best thing that they could do, is listen more to the parents? Anyway,,,,, I totally agree with you. We have to continue to be involved,,,, ,,,,But on EVERY level. Teachers at the school, School Board meetings, local elections, distirict elections,

State Reps and Senators, etc. *** Our son "does" WIVA (Wisconsin Virtual School) and we just had to go and meet at Madison this last week to make our voices heard as to WHY they shouldn't shut it down. One of our States' Legistlators is making quite a case as to how much time a parent can spend "teaching" before it's not a Public Virtual School anymore. Anyway,,,,,, ,we (over 1100 teachers, parents and kids) had to go and "say our piece" to our local Reps. Hopefully,,, ,,it will work. But,,,,bottom line,,,,,,,you are right on. We all have to stay involved. Maybe if we're not ok with the teachers,,,, or the school,,,,,we should take it to the Superintendant. If you get nowhere there,,,,,,take it to the School Board, or just keep going up the chain. Thanks for bringing up a great topic. RobinPatti Journey <pjpoo78363 (DOT)

com> wrote: Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated. I think all of this should be emailed to the people who are running for President. Let them tell us what they are going to do for our children. I doubt it would help anyway. A few years ago I was on another asperger site and I read all those sad stories about single mom's and all the financial help that was being taken away from them. It made me see red!!!! So I started forwarded some of those emails to President Bush, and I voted for him. I wanted him to see what was happening to our children and families that desperately needed help. They finally told me

not to send anymore to that site and then blocked my emails. lol But before they did that, Before he ran again for President, I told him if he expected my vote or any of the other parents that had disabled children he needed to doing something to help us. I guess I'm a dummy to think it would help, but I had to at least try. Someone needs to address our children, instead of ignoring us all. Patti Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Nothing surprises me anymore and I trust noone in the school district here. My son was humiliated by a gym teacher in the third grade. They defended the teacher even though two children witnessed the interaction and went to the principal about it. I ended up having to get help from the Federation of Children with Special Needs and remove him from the class.

( ) this is so sad to read about what our kids have to go through

Day after day I read about how bad the schools are and how our precious children are being treated.

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Health

Fit for Life

Getting fit is now

easier than ever.

Wellness Spot

A resource for Curves

and weight loss.

Lawn & Garden

ideas and tips

for a green thumb.