RemedySpot.com

success

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Congrats and I agree keep him. sorry for the pre-cancerous news... sacry but

sounds like you have someone you can trust.

Good Luck!

Patty

[ ] Success

My GI called me about an hour ago to tell me the results of my

blood test. The prednisone dosage I am taking now seems to be

working as my liver enzymes are normal. I will be tested again in

3 months.

He also gave me the biopsy report on the polyps he removed

from my colon last week. One was definitely pre-cancerous. He

told me that I will have to be monitored now every 3 years for

polyps as it takes a polyp 3-5 years to form.

I am so glad that he calls me when he knows that I will be home

from work. He has called me on Sunday afternoons and late

evenings. I appreciate that he makes an effort to give me the

results as soon as he can. I think this GI is a keeper.

• 6 years later...
Guest guest

I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed teacher, the school district psychologist/program director (also specializes in autism), the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP for my 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school credits so they are moving him to the running start college program (high school pays tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report once a day to the high school for the next two years.

Well, the speech pathologist was the original one that evaluated him and recognized my son was " different " , and helped us get the help to have him diagnosed with Aspergers. So, her evaluation 3 years ago showed some serious disconnect with communication. Today, she confirmed he's made tremendous strides and is very effective as a communicator. His biggest hangup now is accepting or recognizing he needs to communicate. Example of 3 years ago: he could not read body language, could not pick up on nuances or cues from voice tempo, feeling etc. He scored close to a zero on that part of the test. Now: he scores close to 100 and can read body language, picks up on tone of voice, etc. This is HUGE for us. His other communication levels have gone up tremendously as well.

So, I'm very happy at his successes and very encouraged he will be able to function somewhat successfully when he is ready to be on his own. This is a very happy day for us.

Oh, and they changed his classification from behavioral disorder (what they had to use until we got an official diagnosis) to autism/asperger's/highly functioning. They'd delayed in the past because it meant a change in case workers. Now they have provision by the IEP to keep him with the same case worker (who is wonderful).

I wish all of you similar successes. It's so hard seeing them struggle.

Deb S

Guest guest

Wonderful to hear! I would love to learn more about the test you're talking about the interventions they had in place to help your son learn more about appropriate communication. Can you share some details?

( ) success

I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed teacher, the school district psychologist/ program director (also specializes in autism), the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP for my 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school credits so they are moving him to the running start college program (high school pays tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report once a day to the high school for the next two years.

Well, the speech pathologist was the original one that evaluated him and recognized my son was "different", and helped us get the help to have him diagnosed with Aspergers. So, her evaluation 3 years ago showed some serious disconnect with communication. Today, she confirmed he's made tremendous strides and is very effective as a communicator. His biggest hangup now is accepting or recognizing he needs to communicate. Example of 3 years ago: he could not read body language, could not pick up on nuances or cues from voice tempo, feeling etc. He scored close to a zero on that part of the test. Now: he scores close to 100 and can read body language, picks up on tone of voice, etc. This is HUGE for us. His other communication levels have gone up tremendously as well.

So, I'm very happy at his successes and very encouraged he will be able to function somewhat successfully when he is ready to be on his own. This is a very happy day for us.

Oh, and they changed his classification from behavioral disorder (what they had to use until we got an official diagnosis) to autism/asperger's/highly functioning. They'd delayed in the past because it meant a change in case workers. Now they have provision by the IEP to keep him with the same case worker (who is wonderful).

Deb S

Guest guest

Wow Deb, he's made great progress! Sounds like the school has been

there for him with supports, that's great. And he should like that

college program, glad he'll be in it!

>

> I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed

teacher, the

> school district psychologist/program director (also specializes in

autism),

> the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP

for my

> 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school

credits so they

> are moving him to the running start college program (high school

pays

> tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report

once a day

> to the high school for the next two years.

>

Guest guest

Thank you. They fell on their faces last year, however end result is spectacular. I have hope for my son's future. I didn't two years ago. I expected he would only be able to work part time jobs and even then, perhaps losing them often because of his temper and anxiety issues.

Deb S

On 5/27/08, <@...> wrote:

Wow Deb, he's made great progress! Sounds like the school has been there for him with supports, that's great. And he should like that college program, glad he'll be in it!

>> I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed teacher, the> school district psychologist/program director (also specializes in autism),> the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP

for my> 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school credits so they> are moving him to the running start college program (high school pays> tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report

once a day> to the high school for the next two years.>

Guest guest

The test she had him take was some speech pathology test to determine how he was able or unable to communicate with others. I didn't get the name of it or the test results (probably should have). It has to be administered (at least here) by a licensed speech pathologist because the results and how to apply them come into play.

His teacher though has been using many techniques including something called the DEAR skill. He basically has been taught to recognize a problem, decide if he can do anything about it, if he can't he has to walk away. I think there is something about respect in there. The teacher this year has done a lot as has his meds. They've also been working on " Reality Acceptance "

He has a long way to go still but this is a huge improvement. The teacher did mention that because my son has such a high IQ he understands what he is supposed to do but implementation is the challenge.

Anyway, they keep referring to Reality acceptance in situations that he does not find fair and does not understand but has no control over.

Not sure that helps. I'll try to find out what DEAR stands for yet again (I always forget).

Deb S

On 5/27/08, MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote:

Wonderful to hear! I would love to learn more about the test you're talking about the interventions they had in place to help your son learn more about appropriate communication. Can you share some details?

( ) success

I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed teacher, the school district psychologist/ program director (also specializes in autism), the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP for my 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school credits so they are moving him to the running start college program (high school pays tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report once a day to the high school for the next two years.

Well, the speech pathologist was the original one that evaluated him and recognized my son was " different " , and helped us get the help to have him diagnosed with Aspergers. So, her evaluation 3 years ago showed some serious disconnect with communication. Today, she confirmed he's made tremendous strides and is very effective as a communicator. His biggest hangup now is accepting or recognizing he needs to communicate. Example of 3 years ago: he could not read body language, could not pick up on nuances or cues from voice tempo, feeling etc. He scored close to a zero on that part of the test. Now: he scores close to 100 and can read body language, picks up on tone of voice, etc. This is HUGE for us. His other communication levels have gone up tremendously as well.

Deb S

Guest guest

Hi Deb that is great news !!! wishing you both continued success !!! Rose MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: Wonderful to hear! I would love to learn more about the test you're talking about the interventions they had in place to help your son learn more about appropriate communication. Can you share some details? ( ) success I have to celebrate a success. I met with the school special ed teacher, the school district psychologist/ program director (also specializes in autism), the speech pathologist, and two counselors to review the latest IEP for my 18 year old son. He's essentially a sophomore in high school credits so they are moving him to the running start college program (high school pays tuition, I pay books and fees). He'll attend college and report once a day to the high school for the next two years. Well, the speech pathologist was the original one that evaluated him and

recognized my son was "different", and helped us get the help to have him diagnosed with Aspergers. So, her evaluation 3 years ago showed some serious disconnect with communication. Today, she confirmed he's made tremendous strides and is very effective as a communicator. His biggest hangup now is accepting or recognizing he needs to communicate. Example of 3 years ago: he could not read body language, could not pick up on nuances or cues from voice tempo, feeling etc. He scored close to a zero on that part of the test. Now: he scores close to 100 and can read body language, picks up on tone of voice, etc. This is HUGE for us. His other communication levels have gone up tremendously as well. So, I'm very happy at his successes and very encouraged he will be able to function somewhat successfully when he is ready to be on his own. This is a very happy day for us. Oh, and they changed his classification from

behavioral disorder (what they had to use until we got an official diagnosis) to autism/asperger's/highly functioning. They'd delayed in the past because it meant a change in case workers. Now they have provision by the IEP to keep him with the same case worker (who is wonderful). I wish all of you similar successes. It's so hard seeing them struggle. Deb S

Guest guest

Thank you. It's been a great day. :)

Deb S

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote:

Hi Deb

that is great news !!! wishing you both continued success !!!

Rose MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote:

( ) success

Deb S

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Wow Josh! That's an amazing success story! Congratulations my friend!

May I please post your message on our Success Stories page?

All human bodies are exactly the same, just like animals of the same species are

in the wild. As Dr. Weston A. Price writes in his book Nutrition and Physical

Degeneration:

" We humans have the same rigid restrictions regarding food selection as the

simpler forms of life when foods are evaluated from their chemical basis. " page

" Also, it is not necessary to adopt the foods of any particular racial stock,

but only to make our nutrition adequate in all its nutritive factors to the

primitive nutrition. Tooth decay is not only unnecessary, but an indication of

our divergence from Nature's fundamental laws of life and health. " page 415

Onward & upward!

Bee

>

> I posted some of my success recently and I just wanted to give an update for

anyone reading who is thinking about doing Bee's diet.

>

> First, I must say that Bee's diet is the only way to truly heal. End of story.

Stop searching the internet for answers and just do it. I've been searching for

answers for 15 years and stumbled upon Bee's site about 7 months ago. I devoured

all the information on her site 2 or 3 times and then I just went for it.

>

> I've only been on the diet for 5 months now, but I started on a low carb diet

9 months ago and gradually transitioned. Within the last 2 months I've noticed a

significant change in my brain. I have been reading books at a rate like never

before. My focus is excellent and my depression is much better. In addition, my

libido has shot through the roof. I'd like to say I feel like I'm 18 again, but

honestly I feel way better than that. I've never felt this good and that's

because I've been sick since I was born.

>

> I still have 32 months of healing to go, and I expect a lot more ups and

downs, but the changes I have seen so far are so significant I just had to share

them.

>

> Josh

>

Guest guest

I hear you . I do the cooking in our house and it can be difficult

sometimes. We don't have kids, but I can imagine!

Bee, please do post this in the success stories. Thank you so much.

Josh