RemedySpot.com

new to the group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son, 8 is HF Asperger's. He is also ADHD and has Dysgraphia. He is extremely bright and strong in both Math and Reading. He is blowing academics out of the water at school and in fact is bored because his Reading level is so high and he finishes all the work b4 the other kids. He doesn't take any meds and needs no academic support. He receives SP, OT and PT. He is ackward socially and that is the one area where it is obvious that he is Asperger's. Other than that he functions quite well in school and other types of situations. The reason I decided to join is because he has started with OCD like behaviors or are they Asperger behaviors? He thinks his butt is dirty all the time and cleans it constantly. He goes through one roll ot TP per day. We are at our wit's end not knowing what to do. So, we have started monitoring every time he goes to the bathroom and give him a small amount of TP and a wet washcloth. This stops him from

rubbing himself raw but his discomfort continues. He tells me "but Mom, why do I still feel dirty?". I tell him that it isn't real. Thankfully, we can entertain him so that he sort of forgets about it for a while. He went through a stage where he yanked his hair out but that resolved within a couple of weeks and he stopped on his own. What should we do? Do we need to take him to the Peds? Psychologist? Psychiatrist? Does he need therapy for this or medication? Are there ways to help him with this? I am afraid that it is starting to interfere with his quality of life. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.