Time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

Been real busy lately built a new barn put up new fence bread one of our

horses to a stud from california.Spring is here planted alot of

vegtables in the green house.

I am behind on the e-mail about 100 messages.

I'm feeling better I have lost 18 lbs of fat and gained 14 pounds of

muscle so far and am working out three to four times a week. My diet has

changed and this has helped.In the morning I have one cup oatmeal three

eggs scrambled rye toast with peanut butter and wheat germ. Then about I

have a supplement with all the vitamins and minerals that is either

300cal if I don't work out and 500cal if I do. Then for lunch I have a

10oz chichen breast a large potato and a salad with oil and viniger.

Then at 2:30 I have another supplement a 300 cal. and for dinner I have

more chichen and two servings vegtables. At 9:30 I have a big bowl of

cotage chess and a can of light surup peaches.

Thats it and taking all the supplements that told us about and it

must be working.

Thanks !!!!!

Raven

------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

time

TIME > > > > > > This was written by an 83-year-old woman to her friend. > > > The last line says it all. > > > > > > > > > Dear Bertha, > > > > > > I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm > > > sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing > > > about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with > > > my family and friends and less time working. Whenever > > > possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to > > > savor, not to endure. I'm trying to recognize these > > > moments now and cherish them. > > > I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and > > > crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, > > > getting the sink unstopped, or the first Amaryllis > > > blossom. > > > I wear my good blazer to the market. My theory is if I > > > look prosperous, I can shell out $28.49 for one small bag > > > of groceries. > > > I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but > > > wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at > > > the bank. > > > Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on > > > my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I > > > want to see and hear and do it now. > > > I'm not sure what others would've done had they known they > > > wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for > > > granted. > > > I think they would have called family members and a few > > > close friends. They might have called a few former friends > > > to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to > > > think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for > > > whatever their favorite food was. > > > I'm guessing; I'll never know. > > > It's those little things left undone that would make me > > > angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I > > > hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write > > > one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my > > > husband and parents often enough how much I truly love > > > them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or > > > save anything that would add laughter and luster to our > > > lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself > > > that it is special. Every day, every minute, every breath > > > truly is a gift from God. > > > If you received this, it is because someone cares for you. > > > If you're too busy to take the few minutes that it takes > > > right now to forward this, would it be the first time you > > > didn't do the little thing that would make a difference in > > > your relationships? I can tell you it certainly won't be > > > the last. > > > Take a few minutes to send this to a few people you care > > > about, just to let them know that you're thinking of them. > > > "People say true friends must always hold hands, but true > > > friends don't need to hold hands because they know the > > > other hand will always be there." > > > I don't believe in Miracles. I rely on them. > > > Life may not be the party we hoped for, > > > but while we are here we might as well dance.

• 4 years later...

I know this is a pretty weird question, but do any of

you have issues with time with your aspies? Does it

cause any anxiety or breakdowns?

I feel that the pace here is just way too much. Our

middle and high schools start at 8:55. So the kids

don't have to get up early in the morning, but they do

because I have to have someone to watch the toddler

while I take the youngest to the bus at 7:10.

So they have all this time in the morning that they

waste waiting to leave to go to school. Somehow it

always passes without much done between 6:45 and 8am.

They don't get home until after 4pm. By the time we

finish dinner, they seem to have only a little time

before they have to be in bed and done for the day.

With them getting home so late, it makes it hard to

get projects done and such. There just seems to be so

much going on. We don't have anything on Monday nights

usually. Tuesday I have choir, so we have to kind of

speed things up to be done so I can get off to choir

practice. Wed. the kids were doing bible studies, but

we decided to not do the new one and get a break.

However, Tom goes to the prayer meeting at church, so

again, we are rushed to get through so he can leave.

Thursday nights Casey has hand bell practice and Tom

has his accountability group. So we really have to

rush because Casey's practice is at 5:45 until 7:15.

Tom leaves at 6:20.

The kids have block scheduling, which is supposed to

help because they don't have homework every night in

every subject. (You'd think that since they are in

class for 90 min. they'd be able to get it all done.)

So they have 4 subjects one day and 4 the next.

I ask because had 2 assignments not turned in

this 9-week period. (Of course, I wasn't notified

until the last day of the marking period). I'm just

wondering if he felt like he had no time to get all

the stuff done. He had two projects due the week

before exams. (Stupid teachers for doing that.) He

didn't get one done. I dont' know why. I don't know

why he didn't think he had to do them. I got a call

from his English teacher on Friday (it was a teacher

workday for them to grade exams and get the grades

done) regarding his lack of a journal. At first he

told me he did it and turned it in. When I questioned

why the teacher was asking for it, he said he lost it.

I asked him why he didn't say anything to anyone. He

said he tried to get help and no one would help him.

The teacher said he never asked. (He does have

self-advocacy skills in his IEP.) She said he could

turn it in today. But we had plans for him to be gone

over the weekend. If she'd had let me know earlier, he

could have worked on them Friday while they had the

day off and before he left to go to Snow Camp.

A part of me thinks I should have kept him home from

Snow Camp, but he just finished 4 days of exams (2

exams a day except one day), and I felt he really

needed the break, and hey-if I can get him out of the

house and 4 hours away, that is a big thing for him,

so he is going. I gave him a notebook and the list of

topics his teacher emailed to me so he can get the

journal entries done. I don't know if he got them

done. I asked him and he said he did. I don't know if

he did.

I just wonder if he feels the time constraint. I know

I have a hard time with all 4 kids and keeping up with

what they are doing because it is so diverse. Casey

already brought home her courses for next year for me

to sign to work on next year's classes. The parent

night for them is in Feb. She will be going to a

different school this year, so we have to start all

over again with new student stuff. And here it's only

Jan./Feb. And I'll have to be working on 's soon

because they come home in March for next year-even

though his IEP is in May, so we don't really know if

he'll go on to certain classes until then. I don't

know how they can start placement when they don't even

know if the kids are going to pass for the year.

Sorry to ramble, but I just wonder if any of you feel

the pace of school/life is hard on your kids.

-Melinda H

Melinda, You all have too much going on, you need to slow down. I should talk. LOL I thought we were bad. With all their spare time in the AM they could be doing some of that homework or Monday nights to catch up. Believe me I know how hectic live gets. gets all gooned out with every thing going on sometimes so I try to even out the day with less if I can. Good Luck, Betty Hall Melinda <mlndhall@...> wrote: I know this is a pretty weird question, but do any ofyou have issues with time with your aspies? Does itcause any anxiety or breakdowns?I feel that the pace here is just way too much. Ourmiddle and high schools start at 8:55. So the kidsdon't have to get up early in the morning, but they dobecause I have to have someone to watch the toddlerwhile I take the youngest to the bus at 7:10. So they have all this time in the morning that theywaste waiting to leave to go to school. Somehow italways passes without much done between 6:45 and 8am. They don't get home until after 4pm. By the time wefinish dinner, they seem to have only a little timebefore they have to be in bed and done for the day.With them getting home so late, it makes it hard toget projects done and such.

There just seems to be somuch going on. We don't have anything on Monday nightsusually. Tuesday I have choir, so we have to kind ofspeed things up to be done so I can get off to choirpractice. Wed. the kids were doing bible studies, butwe decided to not do the new one and get a break.However, Tom goes to the prayer meeting at church, soagain, we are rushed to get through so he can leave.Thursday nights Casey has hand bell practice and Tomhas his accountability group. So we really have torush because Casey's practice is at 5:45 until 7:15.Tom leaves at 6:20. The kids have block scheduling, which is supposed tohelp because they don't have homework every night inevery subject. (You'd think that since they are inclass for 90 min. they'd be able to get it all done.)So they have 4 subjects one day and 4 the next. I ask because had 2 assignments not turned inthis 9-week period. (Of course, I

wasn't notifieduntil the last day of the marking period). I'm justwondering if he felt like he had no time to get allthe stuff done. He had two projects due the weekbefore exams. (Stupid teachers for doing that.) Hedidn't get one done. I dont' know why. I don't knowwhy he didn't think he had to do them. I got a callfrom his English teacher on Friday (it was a teacherworkday for them to grade exams and get the gradesdone) regarding his lack of a journal. At first hetold me he did it and turned it in. When I questionedwhy the teacher was asking for it, he said he lost it.I asked him why he didn't say anything to anyone. Hesaid he tried to get help and no one would help him.The teacher said he never asked. (He does haveself-advocacy skills in his IEP.) She said he couldturn it in today. But we had plans for him to be goneover the weekend. If she'd had let me know earlier, hecould have worked on them

Friday while they had theday off and before he left to go to Snow Camp.A part of me thinks I should have kept him home fromSnow Camp, but he just finished 4 days of exams (2exams a day except one day), and I felt he reallyneeded the break, and hey-if I can get him out of thehouse and 4 hours away, that is a big thing for him,so he is going. I gave him a notebook and the list oftopics his teacher emailed to me so he can get thejournal entries done. I don't know if he got themdone. I asked him and he said he did. I don't know ifhe did. I just wonder if he feels the time constraint. I knowI have a hard time with all 4 kids and keeping up withwhat they are doing because it is so diverse. Caseyalready brought home her courses for next year for meto sign to work on next year's classes. The parentnight for them is in Feb. She will be going to adifferent school this year, so we have to start

allover again with new student stuff. And here it's onlyJan./Feb. And I'll have to be working on 's soonbecause they come home in March for next year-eventhough his IEP is in May, so we don't really know ifhe'll go on to certain classes until then. I don'tknow how they can start placement when they don't evenknow if the kids are going to pass for the year.Sorry to ramble, but I just wonder if any of you feelthe pace of school/life is hard on your kids.-Melinda HTake care, Betty

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.