RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello:)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi! I am , mom to Alonzo (6 HFA, 5 NT, Lucas almost 4! NT). That is absolutely disgusting that they have taken so long to move on your child's IEP! Where do you live? I hope your atty can expedite the situation!! Let us know how it goes!margie <margieeeeee@...> wrote:

Greetings:) I have been a member for some time but don't believe I have posted as of yet. I'm a single mom, partially homeschooling my 11 yr. old daughter...I just hired a new atty and am anticipating a CSE meeting any day now...My daughter and I re-entered this school district in January...and I have been waiting since May for them to implement her IEP...I'm usually too busy and exhausted to post or even talk much about the stress involved but I suppose I find myself in need of parents of likemindedness...if that's a word,lol. Just saying hello:)~Margie__________________________________________________

Hi Margie,

I hope you will find some time to write to us, as you say you, "find myself in need of parents of likemindedness...." Yes, I agree, we do need one another. I have been the mom to a severely disabled young man now for 40 years, and what I tend to do is to stuff my feelings and just be tough, and "handle" it. I don't really like to share my burdens, and when I do I tend to go a little overboard. Sorry everybody. It is just me trying to stabilize myself. I stuff, stuff, stuff, and then talk too much, because I think somewhere deep inside of myself that I am not supposed to share.

Goes back to that co-dependant thing a few of us were talking about a week or so ago. I think I am in the throes of it right now, and have been stuffing my feelings too much again, and tending to the needs of others. I have found that a person can get really off balance if they do that too much.

Because the fact of the matter is that we are here, and we DO CARE, and we welcome any of you who need to vent and share your feelings. Please do it! And don't feel guilty. I am talking to myself here too!

It hurts to have a child with serious problems, it really hurts in so many ways, some not so obvious. I am hurting right now because my son Jeff told me on the phone the other day that his son stutters. Well he got his son on the phone and he could barely speak to me, his name is Timmy. I have known for awhile that he has a speech problem. He is very bright, way advanced that way, but can't talk well. He is now in kindergarten and is six years old. Since I have a disabled son I am very patient with people who do not talk well, and figured out what he was trying to say. He wanted a remote airplane for Christmas. He was so frustrated trying to get the words out, it was just heart breaking.

I have never mentioned to Jeff any of my concerns about Timmy, but asked him the other day if he had ever heard about Asperberger's, and he said he had. Jeff is also very intelligent, is a software engineer with a master's degree, and he is very sensitive so I don't dare say much. Anyway he said he didn't think Timmy had it, he just stutters. So I said that maybe speech therapy would help him. And I also reminded him that his brother was autistic, and also a cousin on his dad's side was autistic. And I don't think he wanted to hear that, and I didn't either.

Yep! Venting helps a lot! Now I have to go and get my grandson, , from pre school, now there is one little boy who will talk your ear right off!

Love,

Carolyn in Oregon

Hello:)

Greetings:) I have been a member for some time but don't believe I have posted as of yet. I'm a single mom, partially homeschooling my 11 yr. old daughter...I just hired a new atty and am anticipating a CSE meeting any day now...My daughter and I re-entered this school district in January...and I have been waiting since May for them to implement her IEP...I'm usually too busy and exhausted to post or even talk much about the stress involved but I suppose I find myself in need of parents of likemindedness...if that's a word,lol. Just saying hello:)~Margie

>From: " Carolyn " <charper777@...>

Welcome Margie!

...... what I tend to do is to stuff my feelings and

>just be tough, and " handle " it. I don't really like to share

>my burdens, and when I do I tend to go a little overboard.....

Carolyn - I could have written exactly the same words. When I am under

stress I tend to isolate and when I finally can't take it anymore and just

HAVE to talk to someone - I tend to gush ....

>Sorry everybody. It is just me trying to stabilize myself. I

>stuff, stuff, stuff, and then talk too much, because I think

>somewhere deep inside of myself that I am not supposed to

>share.

I certainly know the feeling. I agree that somewhere we (or at least some

of us) feel that we are not allowed to share our feelings - that we are

supposed to just " handle " it - be strong and never feel vulnerable. The

only problem with that is that to do that we would have to be superhuman and

we aren't

> Goes back to that co-dependant thing a few of us were

>talking about a week or so ago. I think I am in the throes

>of it right now, and have been stuffing my feelings too much

>again, and tending to the needs of others. I have found that

>a person can get really off balance if they do that too

>much.

I agree.

> Because the fact of the matter is that we are here, and

>we DO CARE, and we welcome any of you who need to vent and

>share your feelings. Please do it! And don't feel guilty. I

>am talking to myself here too!

>

> It hurts to have a child with serious problems, it

>really hurts in so many ways, some not so obvious. I am

>hurting right now because my son Jeff told me on the phone

>the other day that his son stutters.

>

> I have never mentioned to Jeff any of my concerns about

>Timmy, but asked him the other day if he had ever heard

>about Asperberger's, and he said he had. Jeff is also very

>intelligent, is a software engineer with a master's degree,

>and he is very sensitive so I don't dare say much. Anyway he

>said he didn't think Timmy had it, he just stutters. So I

>said that maybe speech therapy would help him. And I also

>reminded him that his brother was autistic, and also a

>cousin on his dad's side was autistic. And I don't think he

>wanted to hear that, and I didn't either.

But it needed to be said. Let him mull over what you said and you may be

amazed that sooner or later he will come back to you and thank you for

mentioning it when you did.

Things here are up in the air. Sara is getting very close to having the

baby. (head is engaged in pelvis and she is in a lot of pain from the

pressure) - has been going through his second 36 hour reading spree -

online - so was monopolizing the computer (if it is like it was last time he

will now sleep on and off for 15-20 hours). His blood sugar yesterday was

402 and the diabetic educator said that the meds that he is taking will take

6-12 weeks to get the blood sugar down. I had a flat on my car and took it

in to get repaired only to find out that it needs two tie rods and a ball

joint. $300 ..... Oh my. (If I didn't have bad luck - I'd have no luck

at all! Grin)

I can only echo what Carolyn said ... please feel free to vent any time. It

helps you (and us) keep our sanity. Believe me - withdrawing or isolating

at the time that you need help and support just isn't the way to go.

Hugs

• 3 years later...

Hi ,Your son's dx is almost carbon copy of my dd's. I add depression and obsessive conduct but they develop more or less over time. School was source of depression. If I had known better by the time she was 6-7, I would have her placed in a different school. I know that every AS child is different and I am not telling you to follow my recipe. I never found a proper path for her in public school and by te time she was 12 depression was very deep, to the point that she was not functioning. I pulled her out of the public school system as soon as I could. One yr. Residential treatment helped then she was homeschooled until I found a private school. I found a small school, no special education, academically challenging but also very caring. It was difficult to cope with her emotional issues, specially since she refuses meds, counseling. We are dealing day by day. She is 17 now and a full time student, living in campus, no special services, she still refuses to have any. She got her first mid term grades and she got A in 5 courses and B+ in Math. The problem comes whe she is bored and depression, anger, and anxiety come all together. I have to be at the other side of the phone line (good I am my own boss). You have to be patient and do a lot of research to find the best for your son. God bless you and your family. AnaSent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedFrom: "aspiemom8" <brandybratbrandybrat@...>Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:20:00 -0000< >Subject: ( ) Hello:) Hiya! I am a new member and I thought I should take just a moment to introduce myself. My name is ; I live in West Texas with my amazing husband, Mark and three awesome children. Kelby is almost 14, Blake is 8 and Allie is 16 months old. In the last two weeks my son, Blake has been diagnosed with Aspergers, Auditory Processing Disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder. Needless to say I have been attempting to absorb as much information as I can possibly wrap my head around. The only firm conclusion I have made is that West Texas has a very limited number of resources. I look forward to learning as much as I possibly can, putting that information to good use and becoming a valuable asset in the creative futures of our children. Sincerely,