RemedySpot.com

What's going on with my son

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a 4 year old boy who's name is . He has been diagnosed with PDD-Nos. His attitude lately has been extremely unlike him. In all honesty, I can't figure out what is causing him to act this way. He has been really clingy, fussy, cranky, and whinny. He used to love going to school and now he doesn't want to. He really doesn't want to go anywhere, He hardly eats anything and he used to be really good about eating. He would eat anything you put in front of him and he loved his veggies. Now it's really hard to get him to eat much of anything. Yesterday at his daycare class, he kicked a teacher. He has never ever done that before, or even tried to do that. He argues about everything and yes I know that is a normal kid thing. His daycare teacher says that she has a hard time getting him to do his work because he's really spaced out or kind of dreamy. It's also really hard to get him to bed at night he'll lay there and lay there and not go to sleep, and when he

does he doesn't get much sleep cause we gotta be up and to work by 7:30. He goes to daycare class and then goes to pre-k and then he has to go back to daycare till I get off at 6:00. Then we go home, eat dinner, he gets to play a little bit and then we get a bath and then it's to bed, I usually let him watch a movie or cartoons for a little bit to kind of wind him down. Then I end up having to turn it off just so he'll go to bed. His Pre-k teacher says that he won't sit still, he won't follow directions, he's picking on other kids, or calling them names or arguing with them. Like I said, he loves going to school and now he gets up in the morning saying he doesn't wanna go. I'm gonna try the picture schedule and getting him back on a routine to see if that will help. If not then I don't know what I'm gonna do. Any ideas or suggestion???? Thanks everyone.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.