RemedySpot.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

>One of the greatest accomplishments of my life: Visiting the famous

>Fred at his house in England and driving him crazy for two days!

>

> Bring on the intros!

>

> -Marty

>

I once received a Christmas Card from Mr. Short, does that put me in the

FOF(Friend of Fred) clique?

My name is and I have been on and off this list too many times to

mention and I think I am currently subscribed under three e-mail addresses.

I initially subscribed probably in 96 when I was in college and had all

sorts of free time to read and respond. I am a twenty something achon

living in the Peoria, IL area. I work for a Center for Independent Living

assisting young adults with disabilities transition into adult life. I also

am working on a Masters Degree in Public Administration at the University of

Illinois. I spend way too much time lurking on #dwarfism on irc and am

currently the President of the Little Prairie Chapter.

Lourash

• 8 years later...

Dear friends,

A tragedy in our neighborhood recently alerted me to a danger I had never considered. A 16-year-old boy with Asperger's, the son of another mother I know, recently died in his sleep. The night before, she thought he had the flu and called the doctor, who asked if his fever was under 100 degrees and also asked if he was urinating and vomiting. (Perhaps he was checking to see if the boy was dangerously dehydrated?) Her answer was yes, so the doctor thought it would be OK for him to stay at home and come in the next day to be checked. It now looks as if the boy had sudden-onset juvenile diabetes. He was always thirsty and was going to the restroom frequently at school, but hadn't mentioned this to his mother -- and nobody at school had noticed these symptoms and alerted her. He had never mentioned them to her either. He probably died after going into a diabetic coma.

My own son often doesn't tell us when he isn't feeling well, but it's usually my husband who notices and asks if he's OK. I'm not writing this to scare everyone, but just to remind all of us (including myself) that we can't always depend on our kids to tell us if something is wrong.

Love to all of you (and your kids!),

Jill

• 2 years later...

Awesome congrats Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: Theresa Gottlieb <theresagottlieb@...>Sender: Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:32:13 -0600 < >Reply Subject: Re: [ ] New Topic YAY FOR GLORIA!  WHOOO HOOO!On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Gloria <gadamscan@...> wrote: Hay GangWell, I'm back from my Dr visit and guess what???  It looks like I'm going to live after all!!  LOLThe CT Scan showed that the little spot on the liver has not grown or done anything, so it's likely not cancer.This being sick for the last 10 days is really the shits; but, Dr. couldn't even hear it in my lungs now, because it's just about gone.  I hate taking antibiotics anyway and she knows that.So, now it's just that I have to get my energy back because the list of things to do is growing by the hour.Gloria

I am so glad that that burden has been lifted. All the waiting and stress may have your immune system going a little haywire. Get some rest and just dream about what adventer you want to do next. I am so happy for you, you derserve some good news after this past year.

Its a God thing you know.Beth

Hay GangWell, I'm back from my Dr visit and guess what??? It looks like I'm going to live after all!! LOLThe CT Scan showed that the little spot on the liver has not grown or done anything, so it's likely not cancer.This being sick for the last 10 days is really the shits; but, Dr. couldn't even hear it in my lungs now, because it's just about gone. I hate taking antibiotics anyway and she knows that.So, now it's just that I have to get my energy back because the list of things to do is growing by the hour.Gloria

Glad to hear your good news !

>

> Hay Gang

>

> Well, I'm back from my Dr visit and guess what??? It looks like I'm going to

> live after all!! LOL

>

> The CT Scan showed that the little spot on the liver has not grown or done

> anything, so it's likely not cancer.

>

> This being sick for the last 10 days is really the shits; but, Dr. couldn't

even

> hear it in my lungs now, because it's just about gone. I hate taking

> antibiotics anyway and she knows that.

>

> So, now it's just that I have to get my energy back because the list of things

> to do is growing by the hour.

>

> Gloria

>

Great news Gloria!!! I'm happy for you.

Debbie

>

> Hay Gang

>

> Well, I'm back from my Dr visit and guess what??? It looks like I'm going to

> live after all!! LOL

>

> The CT Scan showed that the little spot on the liver has not grown or done

> anything, so it's likely not cancer.

>

> This being sick for the last 10 days is really the shits; but, Dr. couldn't

even

> hear it in my lungs now, because it's just about gone. I hate taking

> antibiotics anyway and she knows that.

>

> So, now it's just that I have to get my energy back because the list of things

> to do is growing by the hour.

>

> Gloria

>