>

> Could the pepsin in the HCl supplement be causing headaches? I was

> previously using one without pepsin and this new one does have pepsin

in it.

==>I do not know.

Bee

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

After reading GAPS, I bought some Betaine HCl w/ Pepsin for my daughter. I was wondering if it's use is for aiding digestion for those kids who are constipated or does it need to be a regular necessity for any GAPS kid? My daughter is not autistic, but does have gut dysbiosis, candida which in turn causes her allergies, eczema, etc. Since starting this diet, she has been eating like a horse (which I'm excited about), so I didn't know if a digestive enzyme was still necessary. I guess I'm still confused on it's purpose.

Kandee

Mom to Hannah, Grace and

Guest guest

Dear Kandee,

I asked a similar question of Dr. Natasha, about whether digestive enzymes were necessary and which kind she recommends.

This is her exact reply:

"Digestive enzymes are a crutch and are not compulsory for majority of people. They are useful in periods when people travel and cannot follow the diet strictly. You can get Betain HCl and a broad spectrum digestive enzymes formula from many supplement companies. There is no need for expensive brands."

I hope that helps. Good luck!

[ ] Pepsin

After reading GAPS, I bought some Betaine HCl w/ Pepsin for my daughter. I was wondering if it's use is for aiding digestion for those kids who are constipated or does it need to be a regular necessity for any GAPS kid? My daughter is not autistic, but does have gut dysbiosis, candida which in turn causes her allergies, eczema, etc. Since starting this diet, she has been eating like a horse (which I'm excited about), so I didn't know if a digestive enzyme was still necessary.. I guess I'm still confused on it's purpose.

Kandee

Mom to Hannah, Grace and