RemedySpot.com

Too many nuts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After all this talk on nuts I had to jump in a share some personal experience just in case it would help someone else. I have stopped eating a whole lot of nuts currently because I believe they can be hard on the system while healing. Pecanbread suggests doing nut flours and butters can be earlier on the gut because they are much more digestible. Even after soaking all my nuts I began feeling very bogged down after eating them. I had been eating them allot because I craved them, but then I realized it was because I wasn't getting sufficient amounts of fat in my diet. I know that eating clarified butter (ghee) is not allowed on GAPS until later on in the diet but I choose to begin consuming large amounts with the advice of a wise friend. Butter is sooooo soothing on the intestines and also nourishes a constantly hungry body. As soon as I incorporated the ghee (no other dairy) I began feeling

amazing!!! My constant hunger pains flew out the window and to my surprise my forever loose stools have now become harder. My body was truly starving for FATS. This decision would not be for everyone and I should say that I had been following a SCD diet for a few months before I added the ghee. I eat a spoonful before each meal and with a meal. I also use lots of olive oil and coconut oil. But I have taken most nuts out because for one thing I don't desire them anymore and for another I think they were a little too hard on my gut. So lots of fats, meat and eggs, stocks, sauted veggies and some fruits and squash. BTW, I read that one of your son's stools has pieces of almonds still intact...that means he is not chewing enough and he is not digesting the nut all the way. Try more nut flours or creams instead. Hope this comes across the right way....just sending some thoughts...I know this will not be

best for everyone.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

thank you for sharing because it does help a lot to hear what others have gone

through. i

thought we needed more fats (mothers gut) but i didn't know how to get them into

our

diet. we've tried purity farms ghee a while ago and it didn't work but i have

some raw

butter that i'm going to use to make our own and try that. my son is the one

with nuts in

the poo ( ha ha ) and he's only 2 so he doesn't chew anything very well. we

started the

gaps diet because lots of food was coming out whole like all oats, blueberries,

pea's, nuts,

carrots lots of stuff. but since we cut out all grain nothing comes out whole

except if i give

him whole nuts. but i agree we need more fat, but how can we do that?

thanks

> After all this talk on nuts I had to jump in a share some personal experience

just in case

it would help someone else.

>

> I have stopped eating a whole lot of nuts currently because I believe they

can be hard

on the system while healing. Pecanbread suggests doing nut flours and butters

can be

earlier on the gut because they are much more digestible. Even after soaking all

my nuts I

began feeling very bogged down after eating them. I had been eating them allot

because I

craved them, but then I realized it was because I wasn't getting sufficient

amounts of fat in

my diet. I know that eating clarified butter (ghee) is not allowed on GAPS until

later on in

the diet but I choose to begin consuming large amounts with the advice of a wise

friend.

Butter is sooooo soothing on the intestines and also nourishes a constantly

hungry body.

>

> As soon as I incorporated the ghee (no other dairy) I began feeling

amazing!!! My

constant hunger pains flew out the window and to my surprise my forever loose

stools

have now become harder. My body was truly starving for FATS. This decision would

not be

for everyone and I should say that I had been following a SCD diet for a few

months

before I added the ghee. I eat a spoonful before each meal and with a meal. I

also use lots

of olive oil and coconut oil. But I have taken most nuts out because for one

thing I don't

desire them anymore and for another I think they were a little too hard on my

gut. So lots

of fats, meat and eggs, stocks, sauted veggies and some fruits and squash.

>

> BTW, I read that one of your son's stools has pieces of almonds still

intact...that means

he is not chewing enough and he is not digesting the nut all the way. Try more

nut flours

or creams instead.

>

> Hope this comes across the right way....just sending some thoughts...I know

this will

not be best for everyone.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

I realized my dairy-allergic 4yo daughter was not getting enough fats. I was

vegetarian when she was born (still ate dairy, eggs and fish, though), but

I managed to turn her off to red meat by not giving it to her at a young age.

So she was eating chicken, fish sticks, lots of veggies, but not much fat.

I've started giving her CLO/Butter Oil blend from Radiant Life and we use

Ghee in cooking. She has no reactions to it. I also make her smoothies

with berries, bananas and whole coconut milk and she loves it. This is how

I get the CLO into her as well as now the Bio-Kult. I also add dolomite for

calcium since she can't have dairy. You can also add coconut milk to

any soups you make and that will help add fat. Also try recipes that

have avocado in them. I once heard of someone making chocolate pudding

with avocados. We tried it here but it was rejected. I think I would have to

work the avocados in starting with small amounts. I did full-strength avocados

and it didn't work. We also started feeding her almond milk. Right now its

the commercial variety but I'm getting ready to try the recipe in the GAPS

book for making it from scratch. Eventually I was able to cook pork chops

and cut small slivers and roll it up with a slice of turkey into what we call

a " turkey roll-up " (which is just a rolled up piece of turkey). She once asked

what the pork pieces were and I lied and told her it was just dark turkey.

Next time I saw her eat a turkey roll-up she was picking the pieces of pork

out of the center and eating them first.

Hope this helps,

Katy

On 1/9/08, samadamfamily <samadamfamily@...> wrote:

thank you for sharing because it does help a lot to hear what others have gone through. i thought we needed more fats (mothers gut) but i didn't know how to get them into our diet. we've tried purity farms ghee a while ago and it didn't work but i have some raw butter that i'm going to use to make our own and try that. my son is the one with nuts in the poo ( ha ha ) and he's only 2 so he doesn't chew anything very well. we started the gaps diet because lots of food was coming out whole like all oats, blueberries, pea's, nuts, carrots lots of stuff. but since we cut out all grain nothing comes out whole except if i give him whole nuts. but i agree we need more fat, but how can we do that?thanks > After all this talk on nuts I had to jump in a share some personal experience just in case it would help someone else. > > I have stopped eating a whole lot of nuts currently because I believe they can be hard on the system while healing. Pecanbread suggests doing nut flours and butters can be earlier on the gut because they are much more digestible. Even after soaking all my nuts I began feeling very bogged down after eating them. I had been eating them allot because I craved them, but then I realized it was because I wasn't getting sufficient amounts of fat in my diet. I know that eating clarified butter (ghee) is not allowed on GAPS until later on in the diet but I choose to begin consuming large amounts with the advice of a wise friend. Butter is sooooo soothing on the intestines and also nourishes a constantly hungry body.> > As soon as I incorporated the ghee (no other dairy) I began feeling amazing!!! My constant hunger pains flew out the window and to my surprise my forever loose stools have now become harder. My body was truly starving for FATS. This decision would not be for everyone and I should say that I had been following a SCD diet for a few months before I added the ghee. I eat a spoonful before each meal and with a meal. I also use lots of olive oil and coconut oil. But I have taken most nuts out because for one thing I don't desire them anymore and for another I think they were a little too hard on my gut. So lots of fats, meat and eggs, stocks, sauted veggies and some fruits and squash.

> > BTW, I read that one of your son's stools has pieces of almonds still intact...that means he is not chewing enough and he is not digesting the nut all the way. Try more nut flours or creams instead.

> > Hope this comes across the right way....just sending some thoughts...I know this will not be best for everyone.> > > > > ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>