Sudden increases in Synthroid dosage can be very dangerous. I suggest

you return to the prescribed dosage until you can see the doctor. I

agree your TSH suggests an increase, but doubling is not wise. You are

more likely to need an incremental increase, say 0.300 mg or even just

0.275 mg.

Watch for hyperT symptoms.

Chuck

• 1 year later...

Dani, Have you tried cutting out all grains? I know it seems like you would have nothing else to eat but it is possible and the grains may be the continuing culprit for the eczema. I currently can not eat dairy (just ghee), eggs, grains, or nuts so I mainly just eat meat and veggies (soups, homemade meat sausages, beet kvass, ginger water kefir...etc.) and lots of fats. My 13 month old who is still nursing has difficulty with eggs, and dairy and I have trouble with grains. I have not added nuts yet to our diet because I'm watching my copper intake. Of course one day I will again be able to eat these foods but until my gut is healed as well as my daughters I have to eat what's safe. But anyways, I highly reccomend taking gluten/grains out of your diet to see if that helps. Dani & Doug Forbess <dforbess@...> wrote: I've been

off dairy completely, although I occasionally put some butter on my homemade sourdough rye. I was off eggs for a while and have been off nuts totally for some time. He is still full of excema!! It is all over his trunk and now I am getting worried. I don't know what to do. And I get so hungry because I'm still nursing a lot. We eat grass fed meats and lacto veggies and other veggies. I'm not sure what to do. The diets make me a little concerned because of the dependency on nuts and he has shown a reaction to nuts. What would you recommend? How can I help him to heal? His rash is making me so sad I'm getting willing to do anything.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Are you getting enough fats?  Do he and your take clo?  This is what comes to my mind, but I am not an expert here.   I think mentioned the castor oil packs.  And Donna Gates always recommends making kefir from the juice of young, green coconuts (can be found at asian markets or special ordered at nf stores).  Several with whom I have talked have found this extremely helpful, and it is quite pleasant.MaureenOn Feb 26, 2008, at 12:03 AM, Dani & Doug Forbess wrote:Hi Everyone - I've been on this list for interest, and have been hesitant to jump in.  But this last week I've had a lot of trouble with my 11 month old and I don't know what to do.  He has had a lot of food intolerances since he's been born.  I've been off dairy completely, although I occasionally put some butter on my homemade sourdough rye.  I was off eggs for a while and have been off nuts totally for some time.  He is still full of excema!!  It is all over his trunk and now I am getting worried.  I don't know w

maureen- what about the young green coconuts in the tetra packs? are those safe

to use

to make kefir? what about coconut milk v.s. coconut water?

sam

> Are you getting enough fats? Do he and your take clo? This is what

> comes to my mind, but I am not an expert here. I think

> mentioned the castor oil packs. And Donna Gates always recommends

> making kefir from the juice of young, green coconuts (can be found at

> asian markets or special ordered at nf stores). Several with whom I

> have talked have found this extremely helpful, and it is quite pleasant.

>

> Maureen

> On Feb 26, 2008, at 12:03 AM, Dani & Doug Forbess wrote:

>

> > Hi Everyone -

> >

> >

> > I've been on this list for interest, and have been hesitant to jump

> > in. But this last week I've had a lot of trouble with my 11 month

> > old and I don't know what to do. He has had a lot of food

> > intolerances since he's been born. I've been off dairy completely,

> > although I occasionally put some butter on my homemade sourdough

> > rye. I was off eggs for a while and have been off nuts totally for

> > some time. He is still full of excema!! It is all over his trunk

> > and now I am getting worried. I don't know w

> >

>

Coconut water from young green coconuts, unpasteurized, is full of life, and very different than coconut milk.  The tetra packs are better than nothing, but it is definitely not as good as using the fresh coconut.  Of course now the problem is with irradiation of produce coming into this country.  I have heard you can find non-irradiated coconuts, tho.MaureenOn Feb 26, 2008, at 11:02 AM, samadamfamily wrote:maureen- what about the young green coconuts in the tetra packs? are those safe to use to make kefir? what about coconut milk v.s. coconut water?sam