RemedySpot.com

Re: enzmes and SCD/GAPS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

GAPS does not recommend using pancreatic enzymes, only HCl with Pepsin. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try it if you think it's right for you, just food for thought. On Jan 21, 2008 2:21 PM, tvromanowich <

tvromanowich@...> wrote:

I am considering doing the GAPS diet plus enzymes for my dd....I am

reading DeFelice's book now. They seem to compliment each other

well...like the enzymes would support the gut healing even further.

Has anyone tried this? i know starting two new things at once isn't

suggested, but I'm thinking about it, anyway. Just wondering if anyone

had any experience doing this. thanks. tara

I agree......enzymes are released when the pH of the chyme is correct. If you work with ensuring that 'northern' step is functioning optimally, you can be fairly certain the pancreas will respond accordingly.

The pancreas is both an endocrine (hormones released are insulin and glucagon) and an exocrine (pancreatic juices: sodium bicarbonate, proteases, lipases, and amylases) organ. If the pH of the chyme is not acidic enough, then sodium bicarb is not released, which can lead to duodenal ulcers. And if the chyme is not acidic enough, the enzymes do not complete the job of digestion.

Some people need both HCl and enzymes, but I find most do well just supplementing with hydrochloric acid.

Anne

Re: [ ] enzmes and SCD/GAPS

GAPS does not recommend using pancreatic enzymes, only HCl with Pepsin. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try it if you think it's right for you, just food for thought.

On Jan 21, 2008 2:21 PM, tvromanowich < tvromanowich > wrote:

I am considering doing the GAPS diet plus enzymes for my dd....I am reading DeFelice's book now. They seem to compliment each other well...like the enzymes would support the gut healing even further. Has anyone tried this? i know starting two new things at once isn't suggested, but I'm thinking about it, anyway. Just wondering if anyone had any experience doing this. thanks. tara