RemedySpot.com

RE: WAS dr. mcb help NOW fermented foods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought kombucha was SCD (and presumably GAPS) illegal? I miss my kombucha! Does it turn out to be okay?

Also, wouldn't sourdough be illegal (being made from flour)?

Also, how do you get your kids to eat the fermented vegies? Both my boys loved kraut and one loved kimchee when they were about 2, and then both adamantly started refusing it at a certain age. They will eat pickles sometimes, but I can only make those in the summer and the Bubbies, from what I understand, are pasteurized. Every so often I try hiding some kraut in the bottom of a bowl of soup or stew, but they usually notice and complain. My husband won't eat any of that stuff either, so I am the only one who role-models it!

Thanks,

RE: [ ] Re: dr. mcb help

We are doing fermented foods (kraut, kimchee, kombucha, lf pickles, chutney & sourdough)

and taking the Bio-Kult.

Katy

Well we are not on the GAPS diet yet. I'm still waiting for my BioKult and book to come in the mail!Yes, Bubbes is heated. Just had a thread about that on DiscussingNT.My baby is only 9 months old so she's not a picky eater yet. I'm trying to give her tons of sour things so she gets used to the taste. And I'm also trying to build up the good bacteria in her digestive tract.

It's very hard when the parents are not a united front on food. My sister had a nanny for a long time (years) who was an EXTREMELY picky eater. Now both her girls are unbelievably picky. Ann Marie

On Jan 18, 2008 7:43 AM, Viadro <viadro@...> wrote:

I thought kombucha was SCD (and presumably GAPS) illegal? I miss my kombucha! Does it turn out to be okay?

Also, how do you get your kids to eat the fermented vegies? Both my boys loved kraut and one loved kimchee when they were about 2, and then both adamantly started refusing it at a certain age. They will eat pickles sometimes, but I can only make those in the summer and the Bubbies, from what I understand, are pasteurized. Every so often I try hiding some kraut in the bottom of a bowl of soup or stew, but they usually notice and complain. My husband won't eat any of that stuff either, so I am the only one who role-models it!

Well, when I say we are doing all those things I should qualify it.

I am doing kombucha once a week and sourdough bread but only

one of my daughters likes bread at all anyway and I've given her

a couple of slices of sourdough. My youngest will eat kimchee and

and pickels and kraut (she is 2) but the older one will not. The older

child only gets probiotics through Bio-Kult. Haven't been able to

get her to eat anything else.

Bubbies pickles are lacto-fermented, the kraut is not. Neither of

them are pasteurized, per se, but the kraut is heated. I think there

was a discussion about this on discussingnt loop. I can probably

find it if you need to see it. Someone had contacted Bubbie's and

they said that they were having problems with the containers

exploding when they lacto fermented the kraut so they stopped

doing that and are only LF'ing the pickles. I think you can get the

LF kraut from them but only in certain areas near the plant in CA

if I remember correctly?

My husband will eat Bubbies pickles and I give him some at nearly

every meal. Its about the only thing LF I can get him to eat. Just

made some pineapple chutney out of Eat Fat Lose Fat, maybe he

will change his mind with that, but if I tell him its "chutney" he will

probably not be willing to try it.

Katy

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of ViadroSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:43 AM Subject: RE: [ ] WAS dr. mcb help NOW fermented foods

Thanks,

RE: [ ] Re: dr. mcb help

We are doing fermented foods (kraut, kimchee, kombucha, lf pickles, chutney & sourdough)

and taking the Bio-Kult.

Katy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 1/17/2008 4:59 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1230 - Release Date: 1/17/2008 4:59 PM